The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

In my experiance, the Tamils either get killed by the Mughals, VOC, and EIC, or they get really strong, usually fighting off Europeans, Mughals, and god knows what else.

AI Caliphate: they have the Moors as Vassals, and are thus controlling all their historical territory :twitch:
(note that this is post-Seljuks)
Spoiler :

They also got this in the water by 1245 AD:
Spoiler :

I've noticed this as well.

Arabia seems to be unusually strong in the recent SVN.

I was playing as the Aztecs when they arrived around early 1300s and curbstomped the Incas. (I held them off at Huaxacayac)

ISN'T SHE ADORABLE?

(Maria II of Portugal, if you've never seen her :p )

We used to need America Starts. Now we only need Portugal Starts.
Spoiler :

Note the year on the last one.

These aren't too bad, but:
Spoiler :

Little bit of a diverse Russia (not really, Russia was a Viking vassal)

Independents: Conquerors and Explorers
Don't mind the obvious WBing. That was a test in 1400 to get that UHV

Also, recently:

Luckiest Portugal start ever. Shame it wasn't the Dutch.

They were still called the Grand Duchy of Moskow... Still a better Russia than the guy before me

Oh Holy Rome! You and your naughty crusader zeal

Seems like Thailand needs some core in the silk road...

1715AD, 3000BC Viking start. Ver1.9. This is the best Aztec respawn of all time.

Spoiler :

Who can spot the 3 capitals in the wrong place?

Italy has finally achieved their goal of conquering Scandanavia :lol:

I'm still playing with the wrong colours :blush: That's Scandinavia you see in Scandinavia.

The whole dark spot on the map in Central Europe is Scandinavian too, though.

Spoiler :

Who can spot the 3 capitals in the wrong place?
Something very bad must have happened!
Antwerpen is the capital of the Netherlands?!
:lol::lmao:
I guess the dynamic name if the Netherlands have their capital in Belgium is "Kingdom of Belgium" or "Belgian Empire"?

I guess the dynamic name if the Netherlands have their capital in Belgium is "Kingdom of Belgium" or "Belgian Empire"?

No :S

Actually, I'm going to suggest that in the dynamic names thread right now.

EDIT: Apparently you beat me to it ;)

I'm glad you changed the personality of this lad, Leoreth:

Spoiler :

How do you mean, not enough :mad:

We used to need America Starts. Now we only need Portugal Starts.
Spoiler :

Note the year on the last one.

Also, recently:

Luckiest Portugal start ever. Shame it wasn't the Dutch.

The same thing happened when I was generating test starts for my story, albeit more rarely. There were scenarios like Spain becoming a vassal of Germany and Arabia getting past Constantinople. On the one I finally picked, the Mongols were unusually timid.

Seems like Thailand needs some core in the silk road...
Various AI civs tend to go for cities on that area, which spawn as barbarian.

You don't see this everyday

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0489.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0489.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 573
Lots of stuff going on here.

The most obviously insane thing here is China. Yes those are Chinese Rifleman in As-Sur. In 1665. Yes they did conquer it. Yes they have Korea, indonesia, and mongolia as vassals. yes they control an enormous empire (including Dacca). Yes they discovered Liberalism in 1570. and yes, they are STABLE.

I actually saw them take out mongolia ON SPAWN with a knight. so mongolia got messed up and basically became a northern buffer state against barbarians, sort of a second great wall (and its crazy historical for this time period too! should be Qing by now though...)

other things:

Spain never founded Madrid. As the kingdom of aragon, they had the capital of Valencia, Leon, and Cordoba. they were pretty weak and still are. but its interesting to see spain like this.

No orthodoxy in Constantinople... or really anywhere else. Russia and ethiopia each have one city with it, but there is no holy city.

You cant see it, but every city in north africa (from egypt to melilla) is christian.

Attachments

• weird game.jpg
    weird game.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 323
In my last game, the Mughals went Buddhist and the Turks Orthodox. Both amassed 4 vassals and were world powers (Turkey still is, Mughals collapsed). Apparently Islam is hampering them thanks to the diplomatic penalty.

(Turkey controlling all of their historical regio (including Vienna), having Spain, France, Korea, Incas and Mexico as their vassals, being 300 points ahead of the next civilization and being solid is a bit enervating when you're small and weak)

In my last game, the Mughals went Buddhist and the Turks Orthodox. Both amassed 4 vassals and were world powers (Turkey still is, Mughals collapsed). Apparently Islam is hampering them thanks to the diplomatic penalty.

(Turkey controlling all of their historical regio (including Vienna), having Spain, France, Korea, Incas and Mexico as their vassals, being 300 points ahead of the next civilization and being solid is a bit enervating when you're small and weak)
That happens quite a lot to me too!

Holy Extreme Mongolia!
Spoiler :

Strange Austria
Spoiler :

Austria respawns and flips Venice?Why?

The Most Serene Austrian Republic of Venice

Funchal? O_o
Spoiler :

Spartan Oplites weren't enough!
Spoiler :

For Asterix!
Spoiler :

How?
Spoiler :

New luckiest Portugal start ever, shame no screenshot. Russia is Catholic and open borders with all members gets passed turn 2.

Top Bottom