The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

The question is : best or worst American start ever ?

Spoiler :

That...sounds more like a service performed for the Qing rather than something they did to cement their own control...

That's because I'm simplifying horribly. The railway was actually being built by a Belgian company under a concession to the Congo Free State using money from a French banking consortium....

The point was that Leopold had an excuse to send people into Gansu.

Good old Leopold, our greatest Belgian national pride.

The question is : best or worst American start ever ?

Middle. Good to settle Pensacola, bad to have to fight Aztecs (for UHV). I blame the Barb overhaul for spawning a few too many.

Middle. Good to settle Pensacola, bad to have to fight Aztecs (for UHV). I blame the Barb overhaul for spawning a few too many.

Don't blame the barb overhaul: the bulk of those dog soldiers just sit around in forests. (only one city ruin, as you can see)

I don't see a Tibetan Caucasus, sure that's not Polish water you're seeing?

The main problem was that I'd have to fight England (for St Johns), France (for Mexico City) and Spain (for Yax Mutal) for the UHV (not the Aztecs of course, cause they're non-European) while having only 2 cities on start.

The polish got kicked out of Prussia by the Prussians so their empire goes from Krakow to Kiev. French got both conquerors but only took Mexico City out of the Aztecs, England decided that South Africa and Australia where way better than NYC or Boston (although I blame that on the French city having to much culture too early).

Basically, I'd say it's the worst start you can get 'cause all the Europeans will still have holdings in your UHV territory after the flip, and you don't have good starting cities like NYC, Boston and Fort Augustine.

OK, we´ve seen many kinds of conquerors, now, i present to you tibetean conquerors.

Tibetan conquerors :lol: And why didn't the Aztecs/Maya get any?
Pretty strong France. Are you playing the Ottomans?

Aztec conquerors don't seem to be working very well recently. My guess is 3000 BC means a larger China (and due to techs sometimes weaker) which translates to more Chinese cities able to take with Khampas.

Pretty strong France. Are you playing the Ottomans?

No, just loaded an american start, to see how the world developes after the recent changes.
And france has been much stronger in my last games(Kongo, dutch, and prussians).
They once started colonising america around the congo spawn.

They once started colonising america around the congo spawn.

Oh, that? They do that in all my games :rolleyes:
(Well, exaggerating now - 1450 is more accurate)

Top Bottom