1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The "OMG! Look what happened!" Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by ZachScape, Apr 12, 2009.

1. corovanrobber

corovanrobber King

Yeah, look at 'em...
    Where they settlin'...

2. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

you are sure you're not playing as Persia ;) :p otherwise WTF!?!? besides that it is way of there traditional area.... it's a crappy place to settle

3. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Moderator

...Is that a Barbarian Annapolis I see?

4. trexeric

trexeric (or backwards 'cirexert')

And look at that Viking navy! (It's beautiful)

5. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

The Satrapy of the North Pole. The last surviving bastion of Persians on Earth. Founded over the ruins of New Atlantis after the Atlanteans left to found New New Atlantis, also known as Las Vegas. Why they left from the seaside to the Mojave Desert is still unknown.

6. Bocator

Bocator Chieftain

Never seen Russia do that before. :eek: And notice that Turkish found a second "Mekke". :lol:

Awesome warrior. :borg:

Look at, Spain has 5 vassals. :king: Moreover, look the map : China get conquerors and what awesome Turkey. :mischief:

7. Tyo

I have to ask what mod you are playing?

8. Bocator

Bocator Chieftain

RFC: Civ in Abundance (2nd and 3rd screen) or RFC: Dawn of Civ (1st screen). It depends.

9. Tyo

Ah. Thanks.

Anyways, I've only seen Russia go as far as the tip of Arabia, ha. Expect a collapse soon :D.

10. Bocator

Bocator Chieftain

As far I played they didn't collapse. I've never seen them collaps in my games, except when I play Germany. :D

11. awesome

awesome Meme Lord

i've seen russia take lefkosa before

12. Duke of Britain

Duke of Britain Emperor

OH GOD!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAPPENED!! i was starting a game as the ottomans, then when i take a look...the byzantines are still alive, okay, i conquer Constantinople like usual and when the cities flip i see that they owned all them and jerusalem...i go to WB and...

nedless to say, all my cities, except the Crimean one, were owned by the byzantines. it's awesome how they collapsed Arabia and even conquered Mecca...

however i probably won't continue this game, as at the turn i spawned Germany, Russia and France all dowed me for no reason at all -.-

EDIT : I didn't, massive german stack at Constantinople made me ragequit. usually i wouldn't do that, i could try to fight them, but considering the non-sense dow from Germany and Russia the turn i SPAWNED made me angry enough, plus France.

13. rock_star

rock_star Warlord

Here's one from my Spain RFC:E game - the Venetians have hired Jack Bauer! :ar15:

Spoiler :

I lost several Templars trying to take him down. :hammer2:

Attached Files:

14. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

You would have lost a lot more if Venice was only accessible by sea in the old versions...:D

15. mayor

mayor Heart & Mind

that's one hell of a merc.... talking about getting right value for your money :lol:

16. Bocator

Bocator Chieftain

And Venice is surrounded by rivers. :lol:

8+8*(30+100+50+150)/100=8+26,4=34,4
    Without counting the rivers and the first strikes. They had 34 of defense ? :borg:

17. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

Isn't it true that if you start your attack 2 tiles away from a river, it won't count as crossing a river?
    Whereas, if you're doing amphibious attacks, you can't avoid the disadvantage unless you have the marine promotion.

18. Bocator

Bocator Chieftain

When we are 2 tiles away the malus doesn't appear with the odds nevetheless I think it counts for the fight.

19. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

Although I think the malus indeed counts, the answer is in the combat log. If it does indeed, it's shown there.

20. weafking

weafking Chieftain

Just finished an epic WWI as Japan 1826-1894.
    Allies: Japan/Aztec/Khmer, France/Netherlands, Arabia/Mali, Turkey, England/Inca, India
    Axis: Germany/Portugal, Russia/Vikings, Spain
    Neutral: America

68 years later: Japan controls the Iberian Peninsula(Lisbon, Madrid), Arabia controls Rome and southern Italy, Inca snatched up Spanish Uruguay, Netherlands control southern Baltic Sea (Copenhagen, Berlin), France takes the Alps (Frankfort, Venice) and Turkey controls the Danube (Budapest, Belgrade).
    Vikings renounce Russian protection for Turkish, Portugal capitulates to Japan with east African possessions(Mombasa, Mozambique), India becomes Japanese vassal.
    Egypt and Greece both spawn during the war. Greece immediately joins the fight as Turkish vassal and after the war ends, Egypt becomes Arabic vassal.

Got pretty hairy there a few times. When Russia/Viking joined in because of a Spanish DP I was caught unaware. Then the Apostolic Palace called a vote to end the Russian war (I said yes) and was called off when Greece spawned. Was able to buy peace after I razed Tallinn. And trading captured cities and having European territory threatened my stability, but I came through in one piece. At the same time, I was fighting Independents for land in China.