The POTUS decides to be a chicken, pulls out of Afghanistan

Last edited:
I guess half of them preparing to evacuate and another half securing the airport area.

Video of Taliban troops celebrating, by dancing with guns, to a Drake song. Kinda seems like they are going to be less radical sticklers for the rules. (maybe fake, but funny video anyway)

https://twitter.com/BloodsareCrips/status/1427401855508811781
Less radical sticklers for the rules?

The Taliban?

All human rights will be respected strictly according to Islamic law.
Which will be about this much.

[xx___________________________________________]

Still, it would be great if they could pretend not to be monsters for a few weeks.

Moderator Action: Does "Can/should/will China Invade Taiwan" deserve it's own thread?

If there are enough likes for this, I'll do it.

Last edited:
Can't help but think all this stuff might be a canny PR strategy by the Taliban until we all forget about Afghanistan and move on to something else.

the need to defeat Trumpist charges that Bidon the barrel's loss of Afghanistan encourages China about Taiwan is an idea that also requires people to understand not many American submarines will be there to sink Chinese invasion fleets .

edit: This must have been post# 7500 .

Last edited:
Where do they find all these insane war hawk journalists?

https://twitter.com/RichardHanania/status/1427710769659998209

Journalist while masked suggesting new countries the US needs to threaten, helpfully suggests troops in Tajikistan to pick fights with China and Iran.

Biden administration: No, it’s ok.

This is what they’re dealing with daily.

Then followed up by this

“But what about the equipment?!?”

Sullivan: Oh well, guess we’re not getting it back.

Sure let’s listen to those who would keep us there another 20 years because of the equipment. Because war lovers are so worried about gov waste An inspired performance

CIA shotgunning arms all over the world to everybody, including official US enemies like Iran with Iran Contra, never gets questioned seriously as a part of US policy. It just gets treated as a given, but now people are supposed to care?

Do journalists expect Biden to disarm the Afghan military entirely? You can't maintain a fight and prevent military equipment from ending up in foreign hands if they lose that fight. Not to mention, that the US wasn't giving the good stuff to the Afghans, the Soviets were far more generous with their ally.

I guess half of them preparing to evacuate and another half securing the airport area.
And at night they switch sides.

God, what a mess it is.

Current generation of Taliban also raised with social media.

Apparently a lot of the fighters aren't hardcore Taliban either but the tribal leaders send their men to support them.

Could easily fall apart.

qatar has been "identified" as the funder. No doubt re-establishing their creditentials with humanely funny jihadists angle . Comparing it to ten years ago , Libya and so on . Where people were so heroic and lovely , before Benghaaazi .

I think at this point you are just pinching at Russia and back down every time you are asked to prove something.
For future reference, I was referring to this post that was later moved to another thread.

I find it depressing that I can't do anything for the millions of Afghan women and girls who are surely facing lives of misery now.

I find it depressing that I can't do anything for the millions of Afghan women and girls who are surely facing lives of misery now.

We haven't done much for the last 40 years.
Whatever the faults of the Soviet-backed government it was at least as pro-womens rights as the Western-backed government that briefly replaced the Taliban.
Its our fault the Taliban ever came to power and its our fault they have returned to power.

Adopt a child? An older one.

We haven't done much for the last 40 years.
Whatever the faults of the Soviet-backed government it was at least as pro-womens rights as the Western-backed government that briefly replaced the Taliban.
Its our fault the Taliban ever came to power and its our fault they have returned to power.
Not quite that easy.

1. The Soviets went in before the west. This was after the somewhat liberal regime was already overthrown.

2. Some dude wrote the Koran.

Top Bottom