The Resource Mod

I started playing this mod in multiplayer mode with a friend and we reached a point where we couldn't change civics when we wanted to. Only at the times it would ask us if we wanted to changed after discovering the tech we were researching. That would work. But if we didn't want to change at that moment and waited until later, trying to accomplish it in the civics screen, it wouldn't let us choose the civic.

Anybody else encounter this issue?

Hi all!

This is my first post. I have searched for an answer, and thought I could figure things out, but I cannot.
I would like to add only resources (I downloaded Stolenrays Mango as a test) to BTS. I like to play the Tech_Limit_Medieval mod. Is this combination possible?
I have no idea about dll, sdk or other files mentioned in this thread. I took the Mango folder and shuffled the contents around but I simply couldn't get it to work.
Can anyone shed some light (simple instructions) on how to get those resource folders into that mod and make them work?

Cheers!

The download link for the whole mod is not working for me. I have just managed to loose my main drive and backup drives in short order and am trying to get all the good stuff back again.

Hi all!

This is my first post. I have searched for an answer, and thought I could figure things out, but I cannot.
I would like to add only resources (I downloaded Stolenrays Mango as a test) to BTS. I like to play the Tech_Limit_Medieval mod. Is this combination possible?
I have no idea about dll, sdk or other files mentioned in this thread. I took the Mango folder and shuffled the contents around but I simply couldn't get it to work.
Can anyone shed some light (simple instructions) on how to get those resource folders into that mod and make them work?

Cheers!

The mango download is not really set up for easy inclusion.

1) add a new foder in your mods Art/Terrain/Resources called Mango

2) copy the following into it Mango.nif, Mango.dds and treepage.dds

3) copy the mango_button.dds to Art/Interface/Buttons/WorldBuilder and rename it Mango.dds

4) copy the art XML entry and put it in your mods XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Bonus.XML file ie copy
Code:
		<BonusArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_BONUS_MANGO</Type>
			<fScale>1.0</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>1.5</fInterfaceScale>
			<NIF>Art/Terrain/Resources/Mango/Mango.nif</NIF>
			<KFM/>
			<SHADERNIF/>
			<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/WorldBuilder/mango.dds</Button>
			<FontButtonIndex>41</FontButtonIndex>
		</BonusArtInfo>

5) now you need to add the bonus to your mods bonus and improvement definitions. This is not in the download.

5.1) Add a definition to your CIV4BonusInfos.XML file found in XML/Terrain. I would suggest copping one that is already there and changing the names to MANGO. You will need to come back to this and change one number after point 6

5.2) In your CIV4ImprovementInfos.XML file, in same folder, add the MANGO to the improvement in the same way as the other resources.

6) Add the icon to the game fonts.

6.1) Get and install Game Font Editor by Asaf. Use it to insert the mang_gamefont.tga image into the end of the resources. Found in res/Fonts file GameFont_75

6.2) change the FontButtonIndex in the Art Define for MANGO to the number that matches its place

Hope this is clear as I have not had my coffee this morning ;)

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the fast replies. I will have a go and let you know!

Cheers!

Top Bottom