The Six-Months War; Take Two

Okay. Let me clear this up.

the U.K's manpower is so high because of its Empire. If you were to lose India, expect it to drop signifigantly.

If the Dutch lost the Indies, expect it to lose most of its manpower, etc.

Its not the perfect system, by any means. But, it works for this game, in my opinion. If you get invaded, expect to lose some manpower. If you invade don't expect to gain any, right away. You will gain and lose manpower through a variety of reasons throughout the game.

what i meant was that you don't necessarily get 40 mp per turn after that for instance
country x has 100 man power the receive a population growth of 13 this turn the next turn they would have 113 mp and get a population growth of 17
(numbers are not correct just for sake of example)
and i suppose it could go down if a country invades you and kills a large portion of your civilian population in the process
and sorry i realize this is probably getting a little old

Manpower growth hasn't been based off of total manpower in any other NES and from what I can see its not being used in this NES in that way.

Manpower growth represents the number of able bodied men coming to age this year that can be recruited into the army. If a country were to introduce reforms in their military that forced all women to serve in the army under the same conscription laws and time as men then manpower growth would double. However such a move would be met with heavy internal opposition in pretty much every country at the moment but other reforms could increase the growth of manpower or the current amount of available manpower.

The damage to the civilian population has been used in some updates with manpower being added to casualties although this hasn't had a major effect yet. The only real problem with the manpower stat atm is that many countries have huge reserves of manpower that will not likely come anywhere near their limits in this war. IMO this would be avoided by removing the doubling of available manpower upon mobilization and simply having mobilization represent 1 EP producing double of a unit. Either way I'm Russia and won't be having manpower problems so it doesn't effect me. :p

Manpower growth hasn't been based off of total manpower in any other NES and from what I can see its not being used in this NES in that way.

Manpower growth represents the number of able bodied men coming to age this year that can be recruited into the army. If a country were to introduce reforms in their military that forced all women to serve in the army under the same conscription laws and time as men then manpower growth would double. However such a move would be met with heavy internal opposition in pretty much every country at the moment but other reforms could increase the growth of manpower or the current amount of available manpower.

The damage to the civilian population has been used in some updates with manpower being added to casualties although this hasn't had a major effect yet. The only real problem with the manpower stat atm is that many countries have huge reserves of manpower that will not likely come anywhere near their limits in this war. IMO this would be avoided by removing the doubling of available manpower upon mobilization and simply having mobilization represent 1 EP producing double of a unit. Either way I'm Russia and won't be having manpower problems so it doesn't effect me. :p

Just hope Lenin and Trotsky choke on their lunches. :D

Well, I'll need to point out then, that manpower is quite likely the most pointless stat in this NES. When even the maximum economy of a nation is nowhere near the manpower growth of a country.

Well, I'll need to point out then, that manpower is quite likely the most pointless stat in this NES. When even the maximum economy of a nation is nowhere near the manpower growth of a country.

[lurker]It matters when you get into a war that lasts 10-15 turns and you are putting most if not all of your economy into recruiting men :)[/lurker]

The code is
Code:
[delurk]
:p

Well, look at China. I need... 100 turns to run out of men. And which NES lasts 15 turns anyway?

thanks lol.

I was mostly speaking from experience in ABNW2, where many did indeed run out of manpower during the Great Wars. Though i suppose ABNW2, with 50 updates, is an exception to most NESes :)

Of course manpower won't matter for you- you are China.

But, it certainly matters for smaller nations?

It is considered very uncool to keep posting stuff that is distinictly not the update.

It also gives me a false sense of hope every time I see you post and then see no update. But most importantly, it kills kittens.

Do you like to kill kittens?

Yes, they taste good on skewers with little veggies between the meat.

Though the nonupdateness of his posts leaves me wanting to kill some koalas. And cmon who doesn't like animals who live the life we all wish we could?

Of course manpower won't matter for you- you are China.

But, it certainly matters for smaller nations?

OOC:
This is very true, Portugal has a very limited amount of manpower, we are running dry. China is very lucky to have such a large base of population. BTW could we buy some from you?:lol:

Every time you post something that is not the update, our highly-trained soldiers will shoot a kitten. Is that what you want? Do you want the deaths of kittens on your hands!? :p

Null and void because of later post

Top Bottom