The "Story" Behind Your Forum Name

Damnyankee

Honest Abe
My name Damnyankee derives from the expression sometimes used in the south for a Yankee that either migrates or comes south. I got the idea of using it when I was reading a Harry Turtledove book revolving around the civil war. I was visiting Virginia and DC during that time, so it seemed appropriate, so I used that name.

My dog, who is at this moment scooting her butt across the carpet. :crazyeye:

If you don't know you haven't been here long enough.

It was a name that got randomly assigned to me on the MSN gaming zone when I used to play aoe2 a lot. My nick here used to be Monk but I got it changed because it was annoying to have to remember multiple nicks.

I started foruming because I wanted to ask questions on Morrowind on a certain forum. Consequently Gelion was the name of my then Morrowind character. In time it has turned into a full net-identity. I am also the first and original Gelion on the net for there has never been one before me and many after me. The name itself comes from Tolkiens "Silmarillion" and is a name of one of the 7 rivers. My real name is also half-coded into this name.

flaming- i like fire :devil:

Zaroc- was reading the book Eragon at the time i joined

1214- my birthday 12/14/1994

photi is phonetically pronounced 'fish,' although I just as often pronounce it rhyming like 'bow-tie.'

PHone wOmen naTIon

random thing my 10th grade geometry teacher pointed out many years ago; it has become my standard in-game character name.

'Photi the Malfeasant' was my default CIV name when i resumed civfanatics, thus my forum name. my original civfanatics name was 'me4peace' back in '02, but that makes me sound like a wishy-washy liberal, which i am not. liberals do not have a monopoly on the desire for world peace.

sent a PM to Thunderfall a while back to get the 'theMalfeas' dropped, as I have not played Civ in several months and I spend my civfanatics time at OT. it does not make so much sense in this context, as it seems a little off-putting, especially considering most of the time I am participating in more serious discussions. i have not received a response from him yet.

Bird Jaguar was an 8th Century Mayan king. His glyph is my avatar; you can see both the bird and the jaguar in it. The Mayans are one of my many interests.

Well, 3 years ago when I first got into the online community stuff, the first message board I joined was a Stargate one, so I wanted something stargate related, and I remembered the one episode with the team SG-17 do I used that, and it stuck, everywhere online I am SG-17.

Needed a name to go with my Red Alert 2 account, so I took the name of an antagonist, added a number on the end, and reused it time and again across the internets.

Top Bottom