The Sword of Islam: RFC Medieval Middle East

Kufah has lost its holy city status twice in my last 10-20 games. I don't know why, but last time I noticed it, Abbasids had just respawned twice in short period, since they got conquered by Zengids, Seljuks and Buyids constantly. I eventually took the city as Fatimids and reinstated the holy city status in WB.

From the latest svn 1.1 I believe, it says there is a new wonder, the Great Noria or something. Well it isn't in the game... or am I missing something?

One important overall note is that the Ottomans are too weak. Maybe their starting army should be slightly enhanced and maybe spawn few more resources in their core to increase their early happiness cap.

Actually I think that the upcoming plague hinders the Ottomans more than anything else. Often their cities shrink to size 1-2 during the plague, since they lack health resources early on. The plague is also really harsh for the AI, as it doesn't understand to group its soldiers outside cities to garantee their survival, which is at best annoying micromanagement for the player too. Perhaps, SoI's plagues should take a lesson from DoC, where plague doesn't kill units, as it realistically shouldn't.

Question: Can I use art from this mod for my own Civ 4 Mod, as long as I give you credit for it?

Thank You!

I noticed that edead hasn't posted in a while so I thought I would post a couple of files to address some recent queries.

so here is a Plague.py that gives the AI Ottomans double the bonus they normally get against plague and a Civ4BuildingInfos.xml that allows all coastal buildings to be built on the Sea of Marmara.

I haven't tested the Plague.py so please have python exceptions enabled.

Attachments

• files.7z
    18.3 KB · Views: 216
This mod is excellent. I'm from the middle east myself and I'm really fond of its history so this really interests me.

I'll definitely play the scenario but is there any way to enable the other game modes in it so I can play some custom games as well?

Thanks.

Why was the 'number of turns left for the current build' removed from the city bar?
EDIT: Also, do vassals count as controlling a province? I've found a few posts saying so, but I couldn't become the Sharif of Hejaz when I gifted my vassal Tabuk.

there are 2 versions of province control in the code, 1 in which vassals count and 1 in which they don't. you can tell which condition applies by looking at the code. if the "checkRegionControl" call includes the word "True", vassalization counts.

Top Bottom