The very many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the utility standpoint, a step-cousin is the same as an adopted cousin (no blood relation). From another standpoint, it's even further removed from familial association (less influence and interaction than genuine cousin)
What utility?

Incest is as much a cultural taboo as it is a genetic one. The cultural one extends to beyond simply blood relation; anyone considered to be within a "family unit" is typically considered off-limits by most circles.

I don't necessarily agree with that, but that is the reality. There is very little to gain by trying to get some platonic love-making brewing with someone in that position. If it's something that happens, then fine, but gunning for it with a definitive agenda seems ill-advised.

Has anyone posted the appropriate clips from Arrested Development yet?

I actually thought that was an unfair point from Tak and I hope it was just in jest. The_J has stepped up his game in a big way over the past year+ on the dating scene.

My initial reaction was to agree with Tak but then it hit me that The_J has been making moves on women, going to parties and doing basically everything on Owen's list lately.

Edit
: Except #4 because most people don't have need of an incest exception rule to their dating strategies lol

I thought it was hard for me to date, but after reading this post.. I'm actually swimming in "kittens" !!!

Owen has awesome points.

I actually thought that was an unfair point from Tak and I hope it was just in jest…
Of course I was, it was a reference to the eternal stereotype of The_J moaning about never getting women.

Is there any good excuse to frequent bars without drinking any alcohol? I can't handle the stuff, but I want to find dates.

(Yes, I have given up on... that other thing.)

You are allowed to go to bars and not drink. It's a little weird but if you bring the vibes it's cool as the vibes are the purpose of the bar. If anyone asks, you're there to enjoy yourself and meet people.

You are allowed to go to bars and not drink. It's a little weird but if you bring the vibes it's cool as the vibes are the purpose of the bar. If anyone asks, you're there to enjoy yourself and meet people.
This. Also you can order food - some bars have really good food and its normal for people to get a lunch or dinner without drinking at such a bar.

Of course I was, it was a reference to the eternal stereotype of The_J moaning about never getting women.
Ok cool. :)

"Bring the vibes." Yeah, years of Civ gaming have really taught me the right stuff.

(I was kind of hoping for some specifics.)

This. Also you can order food - some bars have really good food and its normal for people to get a lunch or dinner without drinking at such a bar.

"Dude's eating a burger." "Go up and talk to him!"

"Bring the vibes." Yeah, years of Civ gaming have really taught me the right stuff.

(I was kind of hoping for some specifics.)
Then ask for specifics. You asked a direct question about going to bars that we answered. You also implied another question that you should be able to answer yourself: "How do I get dates at bars?"
Well you start by talking to people.
Hell you didn't even actually ask that question yet you feel entitled to chastise us for not answering it.

"Dude's eating a burger." "Go up and talk to him!"
Yeah I won't be responding to any more of your questions. Good luck picking up women.

Then ask for specifics. You asked a direct question about going to bars that we answered. You also implied another question that you should be able to answer yourself: "How do I get dates at bars?"
Well you start by talking to people.
Hell you didn't even actually ask that question yet you feel entitled to chastise us for not answering it.

"Bring the vibes" seemed like a pretty insensitive thing to say to someone who isn't already good at getting dates. I've often felt that dating is just a giant Catch-22- the way to get relationships is to already have lots of experience with relationships.

Yeah I won't be responding to any more of your questions. Good luck picking up women.

I'm not sure what I've done to offend you here. You don't find eating to be an impediment to social interaction?

"Bring the vibes" seemed like a pretty insensitive thing to say to someone who isn't already good at getting dates. I've often felt that dating is just a giant Catch-22- the way to get relationships is to already have lots of experience with relationships.
Insensitive? That was a serious suggestion from him. He just meant don't be an anti-social weirdo if you're going to go to a bar and not drink. The fact that you're even asking if it's ok to do so (or that you need an 'excuse' to do so) is a strong signal that you won't be comfortable in such a situation. He's basically saying to just go and relax. Don't act like your on a mission, just talk to people and hang out.

You don't find eating to be an impediment to social interaction?
Not at all. I'd even say that the majority of social interactions involve food until you're pretty close with someone.

Insensitive? That was a serious suggestion from him. He just meant don't be an anti-social weirdo if you're going to go to a bar and not drink. The fact that you're even asking if it's ok to do so (or that you need an 'excuse' to do so) is a strong signal that you won't be comfortable in such a situation. He's basically saying to just go and relax. Don't act like your on a mission, just talk to people and hang out.

See, this is much more helpful. "Bring the vibes" seemed to me like shorthand for "use ur dating skillz."

Not at all. I'd even say that the majority of social interactions involve food until you're pretty close with someone.

I don't understand that, but I'll keep it in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom