The very many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring the vibes means help other people have a good time, while having a good time yourself.

I almost never drink alcohol, so if I'm ever in a pub, it's always something non-alcoholic. It might be odd, but it's generally cheaper than the alternatives!

Of course I was, it was a reference to the eternal stereotype of The_J moaning about never getting women.

Which is still true :/.

Is there any good excuse to frequent bars without drinking any alcohol? I can't handle the stuff, but I want to find dates.

(Yes, I have given up on... that other thing.)

With Hygro's point in mind...you'll probably have a hard time pulling that off. You'll not have a good time. Well...if you're alone.
If you go with friends, then it should be fine.
(also check if there are maybe pubquizes around ;) ).

If you're alone, then rather do something where you have to interact with people. Dance course, cooking course, whatever course. Besides that it gives you some new experiences, it will get you in contact with people.

On my phone, so I can't write in more detail, but the real catch-22 of getting dates at a bar is that to get dates at the bar you can't go to the bar with the sole intention of getting dates. You end up unconsciously putting out this creeper vibe that kills everything.

The secret to having a good time at a bar is to go in with the mindset of being open to anything. Put yourself out there. And then sit back and enjoy the ride. In my experience the best nights happen when you walk into a bar with zero expectations of anything happening.

Basically what Hygro said: put out good vibes (be friendly, sociable, and not a Debbie downer) and enjoy the night for where it takes you.

Oh one more thing! If you're finding it difficult to break the ice with other bar goers, the bartenders can be your friend! Striking up a conversation with them can often lead into other bar goers joining in.

I've generally found that good food can help better than good drinks, in the proper setting.
Which is still true :/.
Sixteen years on and we still do not have a facepalm smiley.

Owen is a bit of a bar star, I'd listen to him.

I will add though, I had a friend in LA who went to bars solo, had zero to one drinks, just to meet groups of girls and practice game he learned from TylerRSD on youtube. His confidence and social skills went up, he got a lot of dates, etc. Now he's got a super babe of a gf and he's working on his businesses.

Your friend is a myth. It happens, I had a cousin who turned out to be a haiku poem.

Yoga classes. One of the best places to meet women.

You should still have the intention to actually do Yoga, else that'll also be noticable ^^.

I will add though, I had a friend in LA who went to bars solo, had zero to one drinks, just to meet groups of girls and practice game he learned from TylerRSD on youtube. His confidence and social skills went up, he got a lot of dates, etc. Now he's got a super babe of a gf and he's working on his businesses.

RSDnation has quite some nice vids :thumbsup:, but yeah, need to actually practice these things.

what purchase has brought you the most happiness that is suitable for a bachelor?

I guess i already know the answer most promising to me is travelling, but I'm still a bit reluctant to commit to plans on international solo travel. Probably should just do a trip to utah or alaska this summer first, do a little camping. I'll start trying to plan an international week long trip each year now, but the past 2 years I've always just hoped to be able to get a girlfriend that I could travel with but now I don't think that will ever happen, not until maybe 2019 or so if things work out. I asked some friends of mine but I'll see if they can, are interested, and logistics can work but to be honest I view travelling as more enriching than as fun and I just don't have the emotional connection with friends that I would hope. There's places to go to have fun but what keeps me day dreaming and hopeful for the future is the enriching experiences I'd hope to share.

Brainstorming now I don't think i'd like pilot lessons though helicopter lessons might be nice. I live in the midwest now and don't have readily accessible skiing to really try out. I thought when I last moved i should get a keyboard so I might try that - I'm not interested in a guitar.

I bought a bike and will try to use that in the spring, 2016 was not a good year for me in my long standing on-and-off cardio fitness (2015 solid year of running).

I don't enjoy motorcycles nor cars, at least I don't want a "nice" car as it is too stressful for me. I will keep my very reliable car with no intention to upgrade

I know a dog would be great, but I'm a little scared as I've never had a pet and I'd feel bad to have him be at a doggy day care or alone for like 10 hours a day (and no fenced yard to have him play). No pets are part of my lease so no cat or dog for a while anyways

Last edited:
@Kennigit:
Do you ever go fishing and/or hunting? Seems in line with some of your interests. The various gear you'll require needn't be expensive if you shop around for deals. You can get a decent fishing rod for little money these days. Not sure how hunting is regulated in your area but should be easy enough to find out how hunting licenses/rights work and what is the way in.
Just hiking/camping is great but for me perfection is when it can be combined with bagging some fowl or netting a couple of trout. (though haven't caught any fish worth keeping in quite some time now :( )

I'd also love some helicopter lessons. Though in my economy I can'd justify spending that kind of cash on temporary fun. Also it's not exactly a green hobby I guess. Helicopters are thirsty beasts.

Q:
I need to buy my niece(3) and nephew(5) x-mas presents. What do you buy for kids these days? I'd like to avoid buying some plastic gizmo they already have a billion of.

what purchase has brought you the most happiness that is suitable for a bachelor?

I guess i already know the answer most promising to me is travelling, but I'm still a bit reluctant to commit to plans on international solo travel. Probably should just do a trip to utah or alaska this summer first, do a little camping.

The US and Canada have a huge number of places to visit that you can go alone. Save the big international trips for when you have someone to go with.

I need to buy my niece(3) and nephew(5) x-mas presents. What do you buy for kids these days? I'd like to avoid buying some plastic gizmo they already have a billion of.

Ask your brother or sister. They're certain to know.

I've already asked my sister. I didn't get all that much out of it. Though lego was mentioned as a possibility for the oldest.

What I'd do is phone my sister, ask what she is getting them and offer to make a contribution. After all, if they're toddlers, ultimately it's your sister who should be making the decisions in the end.

Prostitutes :D?

If you're looking for some nice ideas for what to do, then some of the best money spent for me was a show of the Cirque du Soleil.

I guess i already know the answer most promising to me is travelling, but I'm still a bit reluctant to commit to plans on international solo travel.

You don't have maybe any friends far away who you could visit?
Otherwise, there are also (semi-)organized group travels...I think. At least around here, mostly for students, AFAIK.
You're then not alone per se, and if you have the guts, then you can just attach to some people for a few days.

Q:

Buy the 5 year old an electric toothbrush. Toys go away but a smile lasts forever!

I should try some fishing, moving here I thought about some ice fishing but that'd be awfully cold for a first time fishing experience.

I still do have a lot of trips to take in the US and canada, so definitely will do that.
Prostitutes :D?
You don't have maybe any friends far away who you could visit?
Otherwise, there are also (semi-)organized group travels...I think. At least around here, mostly for students, AFAIK.
You're then not alone per se, and if you have the guts, then you can just attach to some people for a few days.

The US has just too questionable legal situation of prostitutes. I don't quite want to risk my job for that. I need to stay legally squeaky clean to keep my job.

I'm trying to organize another visit to my college friends, in 2016 had a nice like 3 or 4 day visit with them to meetup. The logistics of it is pretty easy location wise of where we meet since they are mainly clustered around 1 area

Young people refuse to make plans though. Everyone floats around a "maybe, probably but i dunno". Even though my college friends work regular office jobs like me where it is beneficial to schedule vacation days like a month in advance, millenials just are incapable of actually committing to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom