The Very-Many-Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
No strong opinions about Drake's music though. Far better than most "country" trash that seems to be popular, so I'll take it.

Oh god yes, I like country but I hate bro-country- all these semi pop songs about partying at bars. They're all exactly the same, like girl I see you looking fine at this bar, let's ride in my truck and get freaky in a corn field.

Oh god yes, I like country but I hate bro-country- all these semi pop songs about partying at bars. They're all exactly the same, like girl I see you looking fine at this bar, let's ride in my truck and get freaky in a corn field.

Don't forget the catfish in the creek.

Hasn't subpar country-pop been a thing since the fifties? Only difference is now it's swaggering where it used to be sentimental. Not like all the cowboy hat'd goobers penning odes to Our Beloved Troops And Also Flag are working at a Johnny Cash level, either.

Pretty much everything I hear on the radio is the kind of electronic/hip-hop/R&B pop music. I didn't even know they played pop country on the radio until I spent the 2016 election driving around New Hampshire with union guys from upstate New York and western Pennsylvania.

I don't actually listen to the radio myself, so I'm mostly talking about what I hear while riding in the cars of people who do listen to the radio, or what's playing from what I assume to be the radio when cars drive by me with the windows down.

I've heard this new Taylor Swift song like three times in the last week. It doesn't sound like country to me at all, it sounds like electronic/hip-hop/R&B pop.

Taylor swift hasn't been country in almost a decade.

Hasn't subpar country-pop been a thing since the fifties? Only difference is now it's swaggering where it used to be sentimental. Not like all the cowboy hat'd goobers penning odes to Our Beloved Troops And Also Flag are working at a Johnny Cash level, either.

There's some good stuff though like Zac Brown Band uses a lot of those themes but presents it in an almost bluegrass kind of vibe so it's cool and they are insanely talented musicians which doesn't always come out across the radio but in person it does. Same with Brad Paisley, insane guitarist, could easily hang with any metal shredder.

Luke Bryan has a song called I believe most people are good that talks about being positive about mankind and how everyone's equal.

"modern country song"

If we're going down this route, then I have to point out my song is actually modern while yours is contemporary.

yes i know those terms aren't usually applied to music that way it'sajoke.jpg

If someone asked me to get freaky in a cornfield, I think I might run.

Don't knock it till you've tried it!

Don't get a leaf cut on your butt.

Last edited:
Don't get a leaf cut on your butt.
Corn leaves are no joke.

also it is hot as flip in there during the day and corn sweat is the actual devil

...but apart from that it's worth a try.

;)

Spoiler nsfw :

I mean, the Fallout New Vegas soundtrack held up well enough, and I would call that country.

This is the realest country song

Darn it I was going to post that!

I mean, the Fallout New Vegas soundtrack held up well enough, and I would call that country.
Yes, but that's as vidjamagame music, and it fits the theme of the game.

This Violent Femmes song doesn't get enough airplay. Shrug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom