1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Void Wakens - A God Game

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Civ'ed, Apr 13, 2015.

1. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

Upon the emptiness gazed A'mb-Amma. Upon those stranger gods lay his eyes A'mb-Amma. Creation was in chaos. Mayhem abounded. A'mb-Amma slowly descended onto the rising lands. In his descent his regard glimpsed every wandering deity as they lifted their creations. Amused he noticed how in the vast sphere of this plane sprung but a little pond. Faraway he heard an echo name it ocean, and the roaring laugh of A'mb-Amma filled the air. Curious, A'mb-Amma slowly sank to the bottom of that pond, that so-called ocean, that glorified lake. Resting he felt for energy, for life, for an echo. There was nothing. The sea was well dead. Not a current, an echo, a faint remainder of life.

A blast of fury ran up his arm. He burst with a quick, ample waving of his hand, impossibly quick for the water, for the bottom of the sea. Having released his power thus, he felt reassured at noticing the surge of energy rapidly spreading. Deeply breathing, his every pore and space was filled with water. Whatever air was inside he released as water took him. An enormous bubble shot through his mouth that burst to life. A great black solid beak pierced into water, followed by a slender, six-tentacled, two-finned body. One last time did A'mb-Amma contemplate the awakening of his beatiful creature before he himself sped after his wave. Within the wave let himself go A'mb-Amma. Beyond the high edge of the land that enclosed that dead sea, the wave jumped and with it jumped A'mb-Amma.

Through the air and as he sled on the land to the lowest point, all his insides released all the water. As his every pore and inner space went back to air and to himself, all of the air and the space around him filled with water. The spring of his body kept on pouring water and some wildlife from his plane, until the Great K'an, the true ocean, was formed.

TL;DR
    -create a kraken (the K'ai) somewhere in Kinich's ocean. Only occasionally violent, just a puny little payback :p
    -create the great ocean (the K'an)

2. EQandcivfanatic

EQandcivfanatic Zailing Captain Retired Moderator

So, can someone build us a Mount Olympus type place. I think we need somewhere to get drunk and smite mortals from.

3. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Moderator

Ghorra Nym saw a formless world begin to take shape as her peers worked. She saw many selfish actions. A world only partly formed because of the Gods expressing their own variations of choice. Finally, one God erased the remaining void with the flow of water. Finally, Ghorra Nym could begin to set the scene for life; therefore choice; therefore sin.
    She touched this world across its center, from west to east. With this, she decreed that this line will be the cradle of life. Along with this line will grow a plethora of life.

-Across the "equator" of this world is made into the most optimal spot for life.

4. Kinich-Ahau

Kinich-Ahau #JustGoomyThings

I know, that's the point I was making.

5. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Shai'tan saw that his own designs were being unraveled bu the other usurpers of his rightful power, and decided to act. From his home plane, he brought the legendary Dragons forth into the realms, to settle all across the plane. They came in all colors, sizes, and types (to be detailed later). These creatures lived to embody the natural darkness of Shai'tan, and typically acted accordingly.

Shai'tan then saw all the creations of life that the other gods were spewing forth, and decided to test their mettle. And so he summoned a cycle of storms to continue into eternity. These storms he created would always gather in the southern ocean and be moved east until they hit land, at which point the storms would move north to the equator and gather immense strength and speed until they came to the mountain at the center of the plane. After its peak at the mountain the singular massive storm would split apart into typical "summer thunderstorms" that would reach all corners of the globe and bring water to the life so that they may be tested in the future.

DRAGONS

High Dragons

What typically are considered a type of ruling class of the dragons, the High Dragons are of the greatest intelligence and rather powerful strength and size, measuring 30-40 yards wingspan at full growth. However they age and grow slowly from birth, and are typically not too active in the affairs of the world except when clans of dragons need their wisdom, or their kin need their aid in war. Can breathe fire. They are often said to possess mysterious powers that nobody knows except for the High Dragons themselves.

Water Dragons

Water Dragons are often thought of, correctly or incorrectly, as the second most intelligent type of dragon. They can fly just as any other dragon although they tire far more quickly as their wings are far more adept at swimming within the vast oceans and rivers of the world. They are far more slender than High Dragons, and their wingspan rarely grows farther than 25 yards at full growth. Cannot breathe fire, but can survive underwater for years at a time.

Old Dragons

Widely 'known' to be the oldest dragons, they are also the largest, and the stupidest, caring only for violence with those that are not their kin. As such, they tend to be rare, however extremely deadly and hard to kill for any species. They are even more heavily armored than typical dragons, with 3 layers of scales instead of 1, as well as a limited exoskeleton in some areas of the plane depending on environmental conditions. Their teeth are the deadliest, and they have 2 sets of claws on every hand. Wingspan can reach 100 yards, and they can breathe fire.

Horntails

Horntails are a vicious sort much like the Old Dragons, yet they have much more cunning and much less size. Wingspan can reach 30 yards, mugh like High Dragons, yet they lack true intelligence beyond feral intelligence and lack the abilkity to breathe fire. Instead, they rely upon their lethal spikes along their body, especially their tail, and the venom that excretes from glands around their teeth that incapacitate their prey upon biting. Dragons are immune from the venom.

Sand Dragons

Sand Dragons are the weakest protected, as they rely instead upon camouflage. Few organisms live in the desert full time, and so Sand Dragons can settle into a sand dune and be practically invisible to any but the sharpest eyes, even up close. They can also fly extremely long distances faster than any other type of dragons, allowing extreme mobility in the open desert landscape. They can breathe fire. Wingspan of anywhere from 20-50 yards.

Ice Dragons

Ice Dragons live high in the peaks of the mountain ranges, where there is always snow and freezing temperatures. They cannot survive long in hotter climates, and as such largely stick to their peaks. Do not breathe fire and instead breathe ice. Wingspan of about 15-25 yards.

Blood Dragons

The most common, versatile, and sturdy type of dragon that can live anywhere in the world except in the oceans. They are what anything else might think of when they hear 'dragon' and are usually quite thin and agile. They tend to breed comparatively quick for dragons, which are a slow breeding race as they also live rather long. Tend to be 20-25 yards in wingspan and can breathe fire.

6. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

Ey CivO can you put music instead of insanity because that's basically the same thing as madness? Sheogorath DID invent music, after all.
    At least, according to him.

Anyway, I create a plethora of flying rocks which constantly collide with each other and everything very, very tall. They have no pattern, but their ceaseless whirring produces a beautiful, though faint, symphony (until you're right up next to one, and then you're dead). They are rich in minerals, and many have essentially very small cave systems haphazardly spread throughout their delicious innards. Sometimes new rocks come from space or something. Or I just make them? Who cares!

Also, I'm gonna make most of the innards of this planet, since no one else has, and therefore it's presumably hollow right now. The crust is going to be mostly made of potassium, boron, and aluminum. Underground reservoirs of water have hilariously explosive tendencies. The mantle is mostly more aluminum and some bismuth, while the core is pure mercury. I am most certainly not paying attention to how physics works right now. There are many large translucent crystals running through the surface, deep underground. They have the neato side effect of allowing sunlight underground, which is even more cavernous than the flying musical doomrocks.

counterspell

7. Arrow Gamer

Arrow Gamer America's Dictator

The land was fertile, yes, but everywhere it was empty.

Order 1: Create deepwater harbors along the equator and ocean border.

Order 2: Create the Disciples, a quasi-Angelic race who are not beings of free will so much as my servants.

8. Calgori

Calgori Rapture's Best & Brightest

Marry me.

9. Double A

I think I'm already married to at least one or two IOTers so why not

10. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

OOC: AA's second action is potentially invalid in whole or in part...

Reason I: If I recall correctly persons (example A) have been presuming the creation of a core when they have manifested "land" (ergo, territorial creation including ocean) which if this is indeed the case you could assume the creation of a continent or a sea includes the creation of the underlying lower elements beneath it in section rather than just a thin crustal layer.

Reason II: Even if determining the nature of the core is valid, determining the elemental composition of the crustal layer is in all likelihood probably not since the crustal layer with absolute certainty has been made manifest by various gods already, who in fashioning the land presumably determined its elemental nature. In this case rendering a change upon the crustal layer (including crystal caverns in this) would require in all likelihood another action distinct from manifesting the core (an act of transmutation on another gods acts, in addition to the act of creation involved in making the core).

-

Addendum I: Even if both determining the cores nature, transmuting existing crustal creations (including in this the creation crystal caverns therein once again) is valid within a single action, determining the properties of groundwater is probably not given that groundwater has been rendered manifest by various gods already (Void being the most notable example). This wouldn't render void (pun intended) the second action though, merely require the excision of that small section presuming again that both determining the cores nature and transmuting existing crustal creations are licit within a single action.

11. Double A

They just plopped some biomes down on empty space. It's not my problem that they assumed otherwise. Of course, I have no way to influence where their creations end (and thus where mine begin), so I suppose you would have to call my work the layers below theirs. I was also making very sweeping generalizations. There is, of course, ample iron, carbon, oxygen, and silicon for whatever life which needs it, but the subterranean folk will likely be rather different from this standard, because being normal is boring. Furthermore, Bahl never said what kind of molten rock it was, assuming it even existed before I created it, and that goes as well for the core. There are lots of kinds of molten rock, after all. Take the water on Enceladus, for instance. It is, for all intents and purposes, magma on said moon.

I wasn't doing anything to the groundwater other than determining what surrounds it, ie, something that reacts violently with H2O. Also aluminum. It's not like the ground is going to be exploding ALL the time.

12. Double A

Actually creativity would probably make more sense than music. Or maybe "strange moods."

13. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

In the case of some that is clearly true (the forest-creating deity, the plains creating deity perhaps), in others not so (the example for example clearly created a continent, and same with myself). Creation of a continent does not equal one for one creation of a biome and obviously includes foundational layers below the visible surface. This is all that's pertinent for my original point (your clarification on elemental composition being none of my concern).

You didn't clarify this in your original statement (you merely stated that "underground water has hilariously explosive tendencies"). If this is subordinated into surrounding elements than it should be fine (excluding of course if you are attempting to transmute existing created material, in which case you'd face the problem of trying to create something and transmute something else in the same action, which properly should constitute two actions)

14. Double A

True enough. I'm not mucking with what you made, though, just what's under it.

Yeah I didn't clarify because I'm lazy and I figured cived would've sorted all this sort of thing out on his own. I am also leaving room for the other gods to build on the rest of what will become surface but is now a chasm with some crust at the bottom.

15. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

There was nothing. A void. Emptiness. Or maybe not... Your eyes can't adapt to the light; it is heavenly and ethereal, penetrating through every single of your pores. It is the Light. Streaming down from seemingly nowhere, and going nowhere as well, it brightens the world that has been until now submerged into the darkest darkness. A light, shining through the darkest things and yet hiding them; it goes through everyone but reveals nothing. But the Light was available only to a small part of the planet. An isle that is secluded from most worlds...A personal paradise, all made for Amaltus, from Amalathus.

16. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

My initial plan was to update on Monday but seeing as I have so many orders in already Orders are due Sunday
    AA's orders are all right, but the flying rocks won't exist across the entire planet.
    Arya is also fine but the dragons will not be capable of civilization forming.

17. Gurra09

Gurra09 Guru of Hekkia

A mercury planet core sounds fascinating! While I'm not opposed to the idea, I'm just wondering if it works with the fact that this planet has a magnetic field, which was established in the creation of Void's mountain.

18. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

IMO Its workable thanks to us being able to handwave things as attributable to divine magic (case in point, the magnetic field manifested by Void's divine power, and presumably things attributable to the elder gods). As to a mercury core, its definitely an interesting choice of element given that Mercury in medieval alchemy was often considered the Prima Materia, that is to say primordial matter.

19. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

I have a feeling AA's flying rocks were a response to my dragons.

Also, will the dragons form civilization in time, perhaps with another action down the road?

20. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

this has actually got me thinking.
    In essence, yes they can. After all, creating sentient civilization-forming life needs two actions anyway, so I do not see why not