TIL: Today I Learned

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok your post wrap it up, I think it is enough
Good. Now you know that not everyone thinks your sweet pacifist Uyghurs are all little innocent idyllic horse herders.
Look up the Kumul Rebellion to see how all parties involved were committing myriad disgusting things to each other.
Some were victims first, then they turned into psychos; others were psychos first, then victims.

I am pro-extermination of antiquated lifestyles/religions that get in the way of the other 1.3 billion Chinese people who need food and materials to survive.

but why though? why are the Chinese trying to survive any more important than the Uyghurs doing their thang? how comes they have a claim? where is that might is right bs coming from?

why can somebody not even exist without being "productive, optimized, up to date"? that's the weirdest part for me, really. are you gonna argue that we need to kill all remaining wildlife to better feed human populace, too? :confused:

Elimination of, for example, disgusting practices like forced circumsion/genital mutilation. Not extermination of the humans themselves.
Are you pro-mutilation and want those practices to continue because poor little horse-herders should be allowed to continue with it? ;)

Elimination of, for example, disgusting practices like forced circumsion/genital mutilation. Not extermination of the humans themselves.
Are you pro-mutilation and want those practices to continue because poor little horse-herders should be allowed to continue with it? ;)

Yes, Ferocitus. My lack of support for imprisoning all the "poor little horse-herders" and isolating them from society means I'm pro-mutilation. Very astute.

but why though? why are the Chinese trying to survive any more important than the Uyghurs doing their thang? how comes they have a claim? where is that might is right bs coming from?

why can somebody not even exist without being "productive, optimized, up to date"? that's the weirdest part for me, really. are you gonna argue that we need to kill all remaining wildlife to better feed human populace, too? :confused:

We are eliminating wildlife as a consequence of what humans have been doing for centuries. It's happening and it will kill most of us too.
Optimised is too strong a word for it. Uyghurs can continue their lifestyle but they are fools if their leaders or radicals think they can achieve something through violent means against an over-whelming majority. Palestinians, whose cause I support, also have some of the stupidest leaders in the world who think raining rockets into Israel will achieve their aims.

If the CCP is as bad for "eliminating" dissenters, then how do you explain the nail-houses that disrupted several projects that would benefit vastly more people than it benefitted? Religion used as a political tool will be met with anti-religious means in China.

My mother's home town, Siauliai, had a majority Ashkenazi population in the early 20th century. There were only a few remaining there after it was converted into the Shavli Ghetto by German Nazis and their Lithuanian collaborators. As much as I despise many religious practices, nothing excuses that kind of slaughter.

Good. Now you know that not everyone thinks your sweet pacifist Uyghurs are all little innocent idyllic horse herders.

Being fair surely is not your character, I let you have the last word because I don't want to hijack this thread with our own topic, instead of taking that gracefully you come again and poke me with your petty argument.

Bringing up an event that happened almost 100 year ago for a contemporary purge of population is really a deep bigotry.

So next are you going to send the Jew to concentration camp? Keep throwing things randomly to protect your beloved Chinese government, because if you don't do that, you are not a leftist anymore. lol

As an infant "victim" of "forced circumcision" I have no strong opinion on the matter

edit: actually now I think on it at least one woman has told me she thinks foreskins are icky so I'm 100% pro-forced-circumcision

Bringing up an event that happened almost 100 year ago for a contemporary purge of population is really a deep bigotry.

Inconvenient truth must not get in the way. :p

So next are you going to send the Jew to concentration camp? Keep throwing things randomly to protect your beloved Chinese government, because if you don't do that, you are not a leftist anymore. lol

My mother's home town, Siauliai, had a majority Ashkenazi population in the early 20th century. There were only a few remaining there after it was converted into the Shavli Ghetto by German Nazis and their Lithuanian collaborators. As much as I despise many religious practices, nothing excuses that kind of slaughter.

Inconvenient truth must not get in the way. :p

Look I like you as a character and some of your taste of music, but I don't like your old school leftist approach that said "ameen" to every Russia or China policies. So tell me when you want to wrap up before this dragging too long and be fair with it.

You agreed and alright with all form of possible torture and forced assimilation by the Chinese government, and you sneakily used the circumcision as a shield, even though not even in one article that the Chinese government actually bring up that issue, they are more concern about restricting congregation prayer in the mosque, fasting during ramadhan, growing up beard, and all of that stuff, but not even in one article mentioned about circumcision.

Surely you just used it as a way to win argument, and using that particular variable to undermine all of the atrocities that the Chinese's government did. I must say at this point, you are more concern on try to win the Chinese's government cause than the truth. You don't care if the world burned, people purged, culture revolution 2 happened again, so long as your communist religion come out triumph.

Yes, Ferocitus. My lack of support for imprisoning all the "poor little horse-herders" and isolating them from society means I'm pro-mutilation. Very astute.
Yep. It's as stupid as accusing me of being pro-genocide when there is no evidence of mass execution, not even by the experts of slaughter, extra-ordinary rendition and torture, the USA.
And people don't come home from "concentration camps" after a week. Whatever they are, they aren't the death camps some here are implying.

Look I like you as a character and some of your taste of music, but I don't like your old school leftist approach that said "ameen" to every Russia or China policies. So tell me when you want to wrap up before this dragging too long and be fair with it.

You agreed and alright with all form of possible torture and forced assimilation by the Chinese government, and you sneakily used the circumcision as a shield, even though not even in one article that the Chinese government actually bring up that issue, they are more concern about restricting congregation prayer in the mosque, fasting during ramadhan, growing up beard, and all of that stuff, but not even in one article mentioned about circumcision.

Surely you just used it as a way to win argument, and using that particular variable to undermine all of the atrocities that the Chinese's government did. I must say at this point, you are more concern on try to win the Chinese's government cause than the truth. You don't care if the world burned, people purged, culture revolution 2 happened again, so long as your communist religion come out triumph.

Again, I don't agree with every Russian or Chines Party decision and action. Their struggles in their countries has nothing to do with me.
My party here split after the Hungary take-over. My family friend and comrade Elliot Johnson went to China in 1953 with members of the maritime Union and was appalled by the corrupt party officials at the time. He later became a Supreme Court judge here and remained a communist until his death at age 92.
Don't assume that all communists agree on every detail.

Again: there has been no mass execution, it's no death camp. So stop trying to pretend that there is. People don't come home from death camps after a week or month.

shall we wrap it up @Ferocitus ?
I used circumcision/mutilation as one example. It's a forum, not a repository of polsci theses.
As much as there is corruption and bias by CCP members towards each other, there is bias favouring Uyghurs who follow their "party line" and/or religion (if they are that way disposed). Work, social status and much more is implicit in that. You say death camp, I say mutilators need re-educating. Hyperbole for hyperbole.

Yep. Let's wrap it up and put in a bag...
And Saul said, Thus shall ye say to David, The king desireth not any dowry, but an hundred foreskins of the Philistines, to be avenged of the king's enemies.

LOL.

ok man fair enough, I will look forward for further musical enlightenment from you

While i am not familiar with this specific minority in the vastness that is 1,3 billion people China, experience does tend to show that enemies of the west won't get fair treatment by media in the west. So if those locals are indeed rather taliban-like they shouldn't be portrayed as victims with the others (the other 1,3 billion) being the bad guys.
At the very least there should be clearing up of what practices they have. Besides, Saudi is at least on par (lol) with China, not to mention other US allies, and nothing is done to them - rather they are left to run amok and invade other countries, while China hasn't invaded anyone.

TIL that Steve Wozniak put on a pair of 3-day music festivals in California, in 1982 & 1983. When I get my time machine working, I'm adding these to my list.

The September 3, 1982 lineup:
  • Gang of Four
  • The Ramones
  • The English Beat
  • Oingo Boingo
  • The B-52's
  • Talking Heads
  • The Police
I mean, holy [stuff].

May 28, 1983:
  • Divinyls
  • INXS
  • Wall of Voodoo (Stan Ridgway's final appearance with Wall of Voodoo)
  • Oingo Boingo
  • The English Beat
  • A Flock of Seagulls
  • Stray Cats
  • Men at Work
  • The Clash (Mick Jones' final appearance with The Clash)
May 30, 1983:
  • Los Lobos (on a side stage only)
  • Little Steven & The Disciples of Soul
  • Quarterflash
  • Berlin
  • Missing Persons
  • U2
  • The Pretenders
  • Joe Walsh
  • Stevie Nicks
  • David Bowie

Yes its happened Takh

<picture CFC refuses to quote>
It's happening across South America right now, with legislatures carefully refraining from consulting the public as they did on gay marriage, tree-planting, museums and other issues.
I mean, surely Insta/Tinder/FB/etc provide a far more comprehensive surveillance network than any government-installed cameras could?
It's a multi-pronged attack. I've read about people who are now of age suing their parents for posting cutesy baby pics of them online based on their right to their own image and privacy, etc. etc. but those are sadly a minority. The worse is when you get people to believe that they need to be watched for their own good.
It's as stupid as accusing me of being pro-genocide when there is no evidence of mass execution
You can stop a people from existing without actually physically eliminating its members from this world.

It's a multi-pronged attack. I've read about people who are now of age suing their parents for posting cutesy baby pics of them online based on their right to their own image and privacy, etc. etc. but those are sadly a minority.

That's actually really interesting, I was thinking about the ethics of posting pictures of your baby children all over the internet before they can consent to it a while back (I think we had a brief exchange about it in some thread or other).

You can stop a people from existing without actually physically eliminating its members from this world.

Sure can. And they can do it to themselves very efficiently too.

You see, I'm willing to bet that many of the Uyghurs returning from" re-education" are in better health than when they went in, with higher life expectancies and reduced medical cretinism caused by chronic iodine deficiency.
(I don't expect anyone to believe that, despite health reports from Chinese hospitals, USA pediatric studies and UN Health reports.)

Uyghurs, in particular, were averse to Chinese imposition of iodine in salt because some suspected it was a way for the CCP to eradicate them. And it's more expensive.
As a consequence, Uyghurs have a very low immunisation rate, and up to 1/8 are medical cretins as a result of iodine deficiency.
But, of course, nobody will believe that because the Chinese are evil aren't they, a homogenous yellow custard with one red chubby-cheeked Mao floating like a cherry on top. :p

Yep, they need re-education in many ways, from their religious tosh, to the dangerous rumour mills causing people to avoid simple practices like using iodised salt.
The problem was even more acute in Tibet where people trade salt. (The solution was to put it in the cooking oil they use.)
But, of course, that's just a cover for the CCP, with UN, US and Australian backing, poisoning the locals, isn't it.

Some people here definitely need re-educamating. :p

One-third of the population is still iodine deficient in Xinjiang. Uyghur females are more susceptible to hypothyroidism and thyroid autoimmune diseases.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26714533
European Journal of Clinical Nutrition volume 70, pages 1332–1336 (2016)

About 100 million people suffer from iodine deficiency in China, primarily in the remote and ethnically distinct regions of Tibet, Qinghai and Xinjiang, despite an iodised salt programme begun in 1995.

"The numbers of infants dying annually was nearly halved in that region. Children born after treatment months had a mean increase in IQ of 16 points and substantial increases in head growth and stature as compared with controls, demonstrating the continuum effect of iodine supplementation."
Pediatrics, April 2015, VOLUME 135 / ISSUE 4.

And don't think that non-Commie governments are glistening with rectitude for their treatment of indigenous people. Australia's record is particularly appalling.
Deprovera forcibly given to Aboriginal teenage girls, often under the pretence that it's something else.
Hey, look, Canada can join in too!
https://theconversation.com/canadas-shameful-history-of-sterilizing-indigenous-women-107876

My comrade and family friend, Elliot Johnson, was the only judge Aboriginal groups trusted to head the "Royal Commission into Aboriginal Deaths in Custody".
Of his > 100 recommendations, none were subsequently adopted by conservative or slightly left of centre Federal or State governments.

And then there's this glowing legacy by non-Communist governments and their religious running dog lackies, Christian Churches:...
The Stolen Generations (also known as Stolen Children) were the children of Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent who were removed from their families by the Australian Federal and State government agencies and church missions, under acts of their respective parliaments. The removals of those referred to as "half-caste" children were conducted in the period between approximately 1905[1] and 1967,[2][3] although in some places mixed-race children were still being taken into the 1970s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Generations

I suspect Canada and a few other places could join in a kumbaya with that lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom