Time for the X-mas smileys! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
American Thanksgiving...

Geographically, more of North America has celebrated Thanksgiving than not.

So I guess next year you'd support rolling out Xmas smileys in the second week of October, eh?

America should work to bringing Thanksgiving to all the world. With or without killing people in the process.

Given that turkey's are a new world animal, that might help our trade deficit.

Didn't you hear? Thunderfall's renounced his American citizenship and become a Canadian. We do things the ol Mountie way now. :mischief:
Really, eh?

Really, eh?
Somehow I doubt his commitment. Otherwise, there would be a skin with Canadian colors and symbols and the smileys would be wearing toques.

Isn't the default CFC skin red and white already?

It's not true red and white.

It doesn't even feel like autumn outside. I vote we wait until the start of December. Though I do support Christmas smileys in general.

Isn't the default CFC skin red and white already?

Not anymore. The Civilization Beyond Earth one is the new default as of earlier this year.

It doesn't even feel like autumn outside.
It's been autumn here since the last week of August (I measure it by when the leaves start to turn).

We've had some very frosty mornings lately, and I've had to turn up the thermostat and get out the fall bedding.

Ecological autumn can be measured from the fall of the first leaf until the trees are bare. Much of upstate New York is already into winter by that rule.

Which is all the more reason to get the smileys in sooner rather than later.

Anyone who wishes to use Xmas smilies before the official kickoff may do so by selecting the More option in the smilies box to the right of the Reply to Thread window. Scroll down to the bottom to see a limited number of Xmas smilies that are available all year. :xmas:

Anyone who wishes to use Xmas smilies before the official kickoff may do so by selecting the More option in the smilies box to the right of the Reply to Thread window. Scroll down to the bottom to see a limited number of Xmas smilies that are available all year. :xmas:
So when is the official kickoff? Are you willing to take a couple of new submissions (just a couple of default ones that could use a Santa hat)?

So when is the official kickoff? Are you willing to take a couple of new submissions (just a couple of default ones that could use a Santa hat)?

We're shooting for sometime after American Thanksgiving and no later than Dec. 1. Please feel free to submit new smilies (not sure how that works), but I can't promise they'll be used this year.

We're shooting for sometime after American Thanksgiving and no later than Dec. 1. Please feel free to submit new smilies (not sure how that works), but I can't promise they'll be used this year.
The "mad Santa" smiley (the :mad: with a Santa hat) is one I submitted years ago and Thunderfall added it to the Christmas smileys. I just had a couple of other smileys in mind to add a Santa hat to. Since you're aiming for December 1, I'll do some experimenting and see what happens.

Thanks! :D

:cringe: The horror… so early, so early!

W00t, w00t! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom