1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomatekh's New Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Tomatekh, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Just experienced crash using a.o Great Spy mod. No idea if because of the Great Spy mod as it happens in AI turn with no indication of reason whatsoever but thought I'd post in case it might help in investigation.

Mods I use:
    - CP (v88, 15 Feb)
    - CIV-linked Great Generals (v11)
    - Cradles of Civilization Pack (v18)
    - Enlightenment Era (v6)
    - Great Spy (v11)
    - HR (v45)
    - JFDs CiD (v58), CD (V13), EC (v4), ExCE (v20), RTP (v33) (all latest versions)
    - Really Advanced Setup - Civilization Groups Addon (v4)
    - Really Advanced Setup (v15)
    - Sukritact's CIV VI Style City Names (v1)
    - Sukritact's E&D (v3)
    - Leugi's PeC (v6)
    - Zwei833's Renaissance Era Revised (v4)

In game was playing with The Olmec, researching Iron Working as last one of the Classical Era (3 turns left). No decisions enacted yet. In turn 126 when processing AI #4 there was the CTD with no error report or anything.

Only thing I can think of is AI perhaps getting Great Spy (or performing mission) which causes crash? Again, no idea if because of Great Spy mod. Will try a game without anything besides Great Spy mod and see what happens then...

Attached Files:

2. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Thanks again for continually providing me logs! I'll look through them and see if I can find anything.

3. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

No problem and thanks in advance!

As mentioned I started game with just below mods and again got CTD:

- Great Spy (v11)

In game I'm again playing with The Olmec. CTD occured when AI was processing turn 171. I was in Medieval Era researching Compass (2 turns left). Had 82/250 (+3) Intelligence.

However, when loading the last autosave, this time I was able to continue and get past the point where the CTD occured. Will update post if I notice anything else in this game that might help

Attached Files:

4. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Thanks again! I have a favor to ask. If you encounter a crash that you can't get past re-loading, can you post the save file (if possible)? Being able to test changes to the lua in a save with a repeatable crash would be tremendously helpful for finding a solution.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  5. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Absolutely. The CTD I posted on Friday (with some more mods enabled) had a repeatable crash and I could not get past at all. Attached the save-game the turn before the crash occured in the AI's turn... actually 2 files: one autosave and one I made myself when trying to get past it...

Attached Files:

6. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Thanks! Just to double-check, these saves were with this mod list? (I have to make sure I have these versions). If you encounter another crash in the smaller mod list game, please also post that.

- CP (v88, 15 Feb)
    - CIV-linked Great Generals (v11)
    - Enlightenment Era (v6)
    - Great Spy (v11)
    - HR (v45)
    - JFDs CiD (v58), CD (V13), EC (v4), ExCE (v20), RTP (v33) (all latest versions)
    - Really Advanced Setup - Civilization Groups Addon (v4)
    - Really Advanced Setup (v15)
    - Sukritact's CIV VI Style City Names (v1)
    - Sukritact's E&D (v3)
    - Leugi's PeC (v6)
    - Zwei833's Renaissance Era Revised (v4)

7. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Yep, correct!

8. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

The only mod on that list that I have in common is Historical Religions. Not sure if that's any help.

9. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Every bit actually does help, thanks! Now I just need to find some time to be able to actually test things...

10. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Following up on the game with only 2 mods:
    - Great Spy (v11)

Just got a CTD in turn 254 when AI was processing. In my turn I had just destroyed an iron resource with my Great Spy (2nd GS I had earned, he was captured). However, in reconstructing I found that when I don't destroy the resource I still get the CTD so that seems to rule that out.

So the CTD is repeatable and can't get past it. It occurs when last AI is processing (Germany, with some prior denouncing left and right). However, could also be at start of city-state processing? I'm in Renaissance Era and have built quite a bit of Intelligence yielding buildings already that seem to work fine (walls, castle, tavern). My Great Spy wasn't in Germany or CS territory.

Not sure if relevant but the CTD in this game is different from the other one with more mods:
    - This CTD (game with 2 mods): gives a small standard Windows pop-up screen saying something like Civ5 "stopped working"
    - The other CTD (game with more mods): immediately gives dark screen and returns to Windows

Hope this helps. 3 other things:
    - I saw a Great Spy from another Civ. Shouldn't they be invisibile? Hadn't done counterespionage or anything...
    - The Golden Age yield from Colossal Heads by Great Spy works (adressed it in earlier post but wanted to confirm)
    - (Also referencing previous post) The Olmec decision "Celebrate the Champions" works perfectly. The CTD I experienced earlier will have been triggered by something else...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  11. Watchington

Watchington Chieftain

Uhhmm...Tomatek, do you know what's the deal with Great Spy mod disappearing from workshop randomly? I've seen that happen few times before, mod disappeared for a couple of days, and then got back.

12. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

I hadn't noticed it disappearing. I've had some issues trying to upload stuff recently, so I wonder if it's connected.

However, I've also been thinking about temporarily removing the mod from the workshop at least until I sort out the crash. It will still be available off civfanatics (and people here are more likely to give helpful feedback instead of the "it crashes" comments that flood the workshop page).

I haven't had much time to work on the crash, but that should change once April is over. Once I sort it out, I'll re-add it to the workshop.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  13. YINGCHENG

YINGCHENG Warlord

Any news for the great spy mod? : )

14. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

I've been working on it, just been busy. I'm completely rewriting an area I think is causing the problems. Don't worry, I haven't abandoned the mod.

Danmacsch likes this.
  15. YINGCHENG

YINGCHENG Warlord

that's great! I know the mod deserves our waiting. Keep your good works, tomatekh. And thanks for your quick reply.

16. Svenny

Svenny Chieftain

Is there any chance of the Mississippi mod getting art?

17. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Honestly, I don't really see it happening anymore. It was in the works, but everyone who previously expressed interested in the art has essentially moved on to Civ VI.

18. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

19. Svenny

Svenny Chieftain

That's too bad :/

20. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

That is really sad - both Mississippi and Poverty Point are really unique civs and fun to play. They deserve their own look & feel.