Tomatekh's New Civilizations

They're different, one is BUILDING_CISTERN and the other is BUILDING_CISTERN_DIDO

I've also noticed to other things. Since your most recent updates, your civilizations no longer recognize Bloublou's Religion: Improved Customization (oddly enough this also happened with JFD's civs) and while it's easily fixable by inserting a line of code into the trait files, it is puzzling. In addition, your decision for The Garamentes that gives them a War Chariot after researching the wheel and a 15% boost against barbarians is misfiring..............quite spectacularly.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 118
Is that firing like that adopting the decision before researching wheel or after?

Edit: Nevermind, stupid mistake. I forgot to add in a check. Will upload a fixed version in a few minutes. Should still work with old saves (although, I guess if you had the bug than that game is kind of ruined already unless you delete the extra chariots.).

Edit 2: Uploaded.

As for the Religion: Improved Customization, I assume it's just a load order issue (i.e. that mod won't update any mods loaded after it). You should tell the author to add an SQL trigger.

Sorry everyone, but the Policy cost issue is being caused by Cuba. Couldn't address it fastly because of RL stuff, but I will fix it soon.

The war-state is not caused by Cuba though. It tends to happen with incompatibility with a custom DLL though.

EDIT: Those that don't want to wait for the update (Internet here is pretty slow for upload) can simply delete the LatinAmerican Event folder inside the mod's files.

But.........I wasn't using Cuba.........

@Skaz: Was talking only about the Social Policy cost issue.

The war issue is caused by something else interfeering with whowards DLL... however... it might not even be a mod. The two times I had that issue I just verified the game integrity and reverted it. And then it worked. Maybe try that?

So, War Chariots, eh? :D
Just came across Garama who had a semi-isolated start and... well. Glad to see this was fixed. :)

Does that mean that the integrity needs to be verified every time the DLL changes? If so it would explain so many things.

Edit: I verified my game integrity and deleted my cache, I'm still hostile starting with Kiev if I'm using v 63 of the DLL.

I have been playing with the Sioux in my last two games. They always grow very powerful, are not very friendly and are pretty much warmongers on par with Attilla and Shaka. They also once sent over 6 Great Prophets in one swoop. I was wondering how that was even possible!
I anticipated a peaceful, trade-happy civ. Both times I was on the opposite continent.
Last time, I had to crush them. This time, it might be a bit harder....

The Sioux actually only have an average war and hostile rating. Left on their own they're more set to neutral and guarded than anything else. However, they have a very high expansion rating, so they're going to settle the map like crazy (which generally tends to make strong AIs) and also get pissed off at anyone "encroaching on their land" (and vice-versa) which is what's leading to the wars. I haven't decided if I'm going to change these settings yet. I might lower some settings just to counterbalance how much their expansion rating skews things.

Thanks! I know I still can't make a map on the same level as Janboruta or Sukritact (and Leugi and Regalman have been making amazing maps recently as well), but looking back at old versions of my maps I know I've improved a lot, and those six on the first page I'm really happy with.

don't worry, I think you're maps are badass, especially Nri and Harappa

Top Bottom