Not open for further replies.
Worst human characteristics

Envy
Petulance
Self loathing
Narrow mindedness
Unreliability

I meet two of those. :D
No, vincor, no....better to learn to lie to yourself....

Also, bridge to far and the dirty dozen are great war flicks

4) is Amber Rudd. I'm also faintly amused that you managed to misspell a Greek name. :p

Is it spelled with an "h" in greek? ;)

I suppose it comes from Theresias (as in the blind, multi-gendered prophet), then? I actually didn't make the connection, and in greek it returned from the latin and is now "Tereza", which doesn't sound greek as it is :)

top 5 things America should do politically

1. Massive redistribution effort where we spend into existence billions of dollars on the bottom ~80% or so and institute a bevy of new taxes on the top ~20% or so, with particularly care to distribute spending to the extreme poor and minorities
2. Universal health care
3. Decriminalize all drugs
4. Free national job training program and free secondary education
5. Kidnap Jeremy Corbyn and make him president
You can't begin our brave new world by criminally violating a man's rights, on the grounds that its "for the greater good"... that's how you end up living on Animal Farm wondering where it all went wrong ;)

Last edited:
Is it spelled with an "h" in greek? ;)

Mrs May certainly spells it with an H.

According to Wikipedia, it derives from the verb θερίζω (therízō), meaning to harvest, or perhaps from θηρεσία (thiresia), meaning "huntress" and a personal name of the goddess Artemis.

According to Behind the Name, it was first recorded as Therasia, being borne by the Spanish wife of St. Paulinus of Nola in the 4th century. The meaning is uncertain, but it could be derived from Greek θερος (theros) "summer", from Greek θεριζω (therizo) "to harvest", or from the name of the Greek island of Therasia (the western island of Santorini).

Mrs May certainly spells it with an H.

According to Wikipedia, it derives from the verb θερίζω (therízō), meaning to harvest, or perhaps from θηρεσία (thiresia), meaning "huntress" and a personal name of the goddess Artemis.

According to Behind the Name, it was first recorded as Therasia, being borne by the Spanish wife of St. Paulinus of Nola in the 4th century. The meaning is uncertain, but it could be derived from Greek θερος (theros) "summer", from Greek θεριζω (therizo) "to harvest", or from the name of the Greek island of Therasia (the western island of Santorini).

Fits with walking with merry abandon in wheat fields :)

So it does. :)

Top five fives:

5) Jackson Five
4) Take Five
3) Slaughterhouse Five
2) Civ V
1) Five Guys
The top five reasons I object to this list:

1. It doesn't include Star Wars V - How dare you sir. Have you no decency? Have you no shame?!?
2. Civ V should not be included in a "top" anything.
3. I am not at Five Guys Burgers and Fries Right now with a juicy, delicious double burger in my hands right now. Why you ask? Because its 6:30 AM, that's why... which I would also object to, except it would mess up the list... Why am I up at 6:30 AM on a Saturday? Why I'm glad you asked... Its because when you have young children its like going to battle, you have to get the drop on them before they get the drop on you.
4. The number Five (5) should certainly be included in a list of fives purporting to be the top dawgs in their genre.
5. Given the OP, King Arthur always saying "Five" when he should say "Three" should definitely be on the list.

Well, of course. English kings have a long habit of being played by anyone who isn't English.

Interesting. I would guess that they are hidey holes for putting valuables when marauding armies or bandits appeared.
That's one hypothesis out of many others.
BTW, similar holes have been found as far away as Ireland.
None have any debris, or other signs they were used for long periods of time.
Hiding valuables would have, you'd think, left some dropped items, or drag marks, or other signs.

Top 5 versions of the song "Pablo Picasso".

1. Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers.
2. Burning Sensations.
3. John Cale.
4. The Babies.
5. David Bowie.
9999. Talking Heads (despite having some original members of The Modern Lovers).

Given that there were independent Scottish kings before William Wallace, that seems unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom