Trade Opportunities for VP

so one area I really like to see a change, is show me teh difference between "I have that resource but not now" and "I can sell you that resource right now"

Case in point:
Spoiler :

screenshot.png

screenshot.png

From the main UI, the colors and numbers suggest that Maya has Silver and Amber I could acquire. But digging in, Silver is not actually available, only Amber is.

I really want that to show up as a color or something, I want to very quickly at a glance go "what are all the resources I could buy right this second"

so one area I really like to see a change, is show me teh difference between "I have that resource but not now" and "I can sell you that resource right now"

Case in point:

From the main UI, the colors and numbers suggest that Maya has Silver and Amber I could acquire. But digging in, Silver is not actually available, only Amber is.

I really want that to show up as a color or something, I want to very quickly at a glance go "what are all the resources I could buy right this second"
Why Amber is and Silver is not?
If they have only 1 copy giving them the Happiness why would they sell it to you worsening their overall Happiness?
I suppose it is based on diplo, and as I said earlier, I have no access to diplo stuff to check if they want or not to sell the resource. It's not possible on my end.

Silver has 0/8,so it means they have no copy, but instead they traded one from someone. Amber has 1/5, so they have 1 copy on their territory, but I guess they won't sell it. Did you manage to get one at least once?

@Stalker0: this is kind of beta I'm testing. White is when player has 1 own copy for selling, but he has also other copies from different sources, so he won't lose happiness after trading. Violet is when he has only 1 copy. One and unly.

Look below.

Last edited:
Quick v19 update with new stuff:
Code:
- embargoed resources are now coloured dark purple;
- non-active player now has 2 new colours:
    - when he has only 1 tradable copy, but he has more of them from other sources (yellow);
    - when he has only 1 tradable copy, and it is the only one he has (pink)
        - exception is for Strategic Resources, so they always have yellow, even if they have only 1 copy;
- adjusted colour key;

2023-10-21_23h53_05.png

v20: Marriages of Austria are now visible in City-State preview:
Code:
- now City-State with diplomatic Marriage (of Austria) have named coloured Magenta and additional info in tooltip;

1698269481327.png

It could be very useful to include in the tooltip the deal value an item currently has for another civ. This would save a lot of time to find the trade partner who will be offering most money for a resource.

For example here, Venice will offer me not much for my Jade:

tradevalue.jpg

(Forgive me if this is already implemented, I am playing a game which I started without having installed your mod.)

I do not touch this trade window. It's totally different thing.

Beside that the amount of stuff (it can be gold or something else) is the diplo thing I have no access to.

v21:
Code:
- Marriages are shown only when Austria is met by the Active Player;
- now Unknown Players are mentioned as Allies and Protecting players (were blanks);
- now Unknown Players are mentioned as Embassy Owners (were shown as met players);
- reverted fix for Third Alternative (fixed in VP);

2023-10-28_00h52_19.png

Couldn't see it written anywhere but are these newer versions supposed to be save game compatible? I'm getting a CTD when trying to load a VP 4.2.7 save. Seems to work fine in a new game though. Only other mod I have is Improved City View.

Yes, they are savegame compatible. I tested at least last 4 versions.

Ok thanks. Tried a few previous saves of my current 4.2.7 game and they all CTD with this mod enabled. So not sure what the issue is.
Does it work on fresh save?

Does it work on fresh save?
I tried clearing cache, re-enabling VP components, loading the game, saving it to new file, restarted civ, enabled Trade Opportunities, loaded the new save and it still crashes before the "Continue Game" screen.
No biggy. Will just wait until my next game to try it out.

I tried clearing cache, re-enabling VP components, loading the game, saving it to new file, restarted civ, enabled Trade Opportunities, loaded the new save and it still crashes before the "Continue Game" screen.
I meant when you start a new game. It shouldn't crash on load... This is not this type of mod.
Does your current save work on older version?

I meant when you start a new game. It shouldn't crash on load... This is not this type of mod.
Does your current save work on older version?
You mean older version of Trade Opportunities? This is the first time I've installed it. And yeah it seems to work fine in a new game. So not sure what is going on with the current save games.

I'm sure I tested it with recent VP save. So the problem is probably elsewhere.
Most of the times this mod causes the window to be empty if some error appears. This is the hardest thing you can get I think.
One note, try to not to save the game with any of the popup windows open. This can lead to a CTD. I had that once, so I had to load save from 1 turn before.

v1.9

Spoiler :

screenshot.png

china has a lapis ready to trade and I need it for my WLTKD. I feel like the UI isn't telling me the whole story here, shouldn't this 1 be colored or something saying "hey you need me and I'm ready to buy!"

v1.9

china has a lapis ready to trade and I need it for my WLTKD. I feel like the UI isn't telling me the whole story here, shouldn't this 1 be colored or something saying "hey you need me and I'm ready to buy!"
Is Lapis in trade window?

You have outdated version. I can see it by the text key on the bottom.

Is Lapis in trade window?

You have outdated version. I can see it by the text key on the bottom.
It is. checking your version history it didn't seem like any recent updates would change that, but I'll upgrade if you think it would help. Are updates save game compatible? I would assume so but wanted to doublecheck

It is. checking your version history it didn't seem like any recent updates would change that, but I'll upgrade if you think it would help. Are updates save game compatible? I would assume so but wanted to doublecheck
They should be. v19 was introducing new colours for the issues you mentioned. I don't know why you don't have them...

Top Bottom