Trade Opportunities for VP

Current version is a bit rushed for the overall testing. But to make it compatible I would have to rename every tag borrowed...

The difference is that Info Addict gives info you're not supposed to know, while this one does not.
I respectfully disagree. Why shouldn't you know who is trading with who and what for example, or what's their industrial output. If demographics show the highest and the lowest, why does knowing what's between the two count as "cheating"? Not to mention that there are those "... has completed the list of ..." popup lists, where you basically see the same thing.

I respectfully disagree. Why shouldn't you know who is trading with who and what for example, or what's their industrial output. If demographics show the highest and the lowest, why does knowing what's between the two count as "cheating"? Not to mention that there are those "... has completed the list of ..." popup lists, where you basically see the same thing.
You're right there is a lot of general information you should know. However, there is an incredible amount of information you can gain if you really want to use it to win. Far too many possibilites to type out. You get to know what buildings everyone is buying. If a civ hits 2 faith you know they went shrine. 3 culture and you know they went momument. Having the abilitiy to know the exact quantities of every yield of EVERY civ in the game is definitely cheating

You're right there is a lot of general information you should know. However, there is an incredible amount of information you can gain if you really want to use it to win. Far too many possibilites to type out. You get to know what buildings everyone is buying. If a civ hits 2 faith you know they went shrine. 3 culture and you know they went momument. Having the abilitiy to know the exact quantities of every yield of EVERY civ in the game is definitely cheating
Why? Will you completely change your plan based on information such as this? Will you ditch your current construction and switch to something else, basically wasting those production input for a considerable period of time?

First, you need to even meet that civ to see their yields. By that time they probably won't have 2 faith and 3 culture, as other yields come into play - tiles, City-States, traits, deals, modifiers, etc.

I mean, yes, I agree and understand that information is knowledge, knowledge is power, and if you spend a ton of time checking these every turn (which is just incredibly boring imo) you can have educated guesses and so on. But I still don't understand why seeing a civ's industrial output for example counts as such a HUGE cheat. Yes, I admit, it can be used for thinking twice going for gold trophy for example in a World Congress project and so on, but you can literally count the yields from tiles, add some extra guesses based on the civ's trait, their potential UBs, City-State allies (all of which are open information), add some extra + - % based on their current situation, gut feeling from experience, and there you go. You probably won't be very far away from their actual output. InfoAddict just saves you from this tedious task.

Last edited:
Why? Will you completely change your plan based on information such as this? Will you ditch your current construction and switch to something else, basically wasting those production input for a considerable period of time?

First, you need to even meet that civ to see their yields. By that time they probably won't have 2 faith and 3 culture, as other yields come into play - tiles, City-States, traits, deals, modifiers, etc.

I mean, yes, I agree and understand that information is knowledge, knowledge is power, and if you spend a ton of time checking these every turn (which is just incredibly boring imo) you can have educated guesses and so on. But I still don't understand why seeing a civ's industrial output for example counts as such a HUGE cheat. Yes, I admit, it can be used for thinking twice going for gold trophy for example in a World Congress project and so on, but you can literally count the yields from tiles, add some extra guesses based on the civ's trait, their potential UBs, City-State allies (all of which are open information), add some extra + - % based on their current situation, gut feeling from experience, and there you go. You probably won't be very far away from their actual output. InfoAddict just saves you from this tedious task.
In some cases yes. Micro decisions such as those and min maxing are how you win games. I understand you enjoy the commodity, but let's say I'm 90% sure I have enough faith output to secure first religion. In a game without Info Addict I could never actually be 100% sure which forces the option. I have to make a decision based on limited knowledge which adds a risk factor that doesn't exist when you've already known it is guaranteed for the past 10 turns. Luckily Info Addict reports not just Civs faith per turn, but also their current total. With that concrete information (lets say I am at no risk of someone outpacing me in faith after confirming it in the graphs). That immediately frees me up to spend my hammers on more important buildings and units without any risk of losing first religion or losing a city because I chose to focus faith and not military units or any other much more important yield. I am able instantly adjust my playstyle if I see someone closing in on my faith(as you can literally watch it live). This applies to culture as well as tourism and science. And SURELY you cannot truly think having access to the precise and updated military strength of your friends and foes at all times is not absolutely cracked. I feel no need to even explain it, I bet you feel the overwhelming power in your veins when you play, as I feel it too.

v16 is quickly on with important fixes. One of them should be checked by the users of InfoAddict, because I changed file and tag names, so I hope there's no conflict now. If so, please, give me detailed report.
Code:
- cleaning the tags and file names;
- fixed Monopolies marker for players that got Statecraft's policy;

v16 is quickly on with important fixes. One of them should be checked by the users of InfoAddict, because I changed file and tag names, so I hope there's no conflict now. If so, please, give me detailed report.
Code:
- cleaning the tags and file names;
- fixed Monopolies marker for players that got Statecraft's policy;
You're inredible my friend, thank you! :)

You're inredible my friend, thank you! :)
If someone wants to use InfoAddict, then there's no reason I should block it. My goal was to use simplier version of Graph. This is the only useful thing for me in that mod.

In some cases yes. Micro decisions such as those and min maxing are how you win games. I understand you enjoy the commodity, but let's say I'm 90% sure I have enough faith output to secure first religion. In a game without Info Addict I could never actually be 100% sure which forces the option. I have to make a decision based on limited knowledge which adds a risk factor that doesn't exist when you've already known it is guaranteed for the past 10 turns. Luckily Info Addict reports not just Civs faith per turn, but also their current total. With that concrete information (lets say I am at no risk of someone outpacing me in faith after confirming it in the graphs). That immediately frees me up to spend my hammers on more important buildings and units without any risk of losing first religion or losing a city because I chose to focus faith and not military units or any other much more important yield. I am able instantly adjust my playstyle if I see someone closing in on my faith(as you can literally watch it live). This applies to culture as well as tourism and science. And SURELY you cannot truly think having access to the precise and updated military strength of your friends and foes at all times is not absolutely cracked. I feel no need to even explain it, I bet you feel the overwhelming power in your veins when you play, as I feel it too.
Regarding Military Strength, I noticed that in graph there's info saying your target's military is WEAK or POOR or STRONG comparing to yours. Giving that you have quite an exact info without having the numbers shown. What do you think about adding a random error, let's say +/- 10% in enemy's strength evalueation. This would mean you may under- or overestimate his power a bit.
Mostly you cannot see enemy units, so you cannot count them easily. And your "spies" might get mistaken.

v16.1 with small fix. I forgot Honduras gives the same bonus like Statecraft's policy.
Code:
- now Monopoly tooltip works with Tegucigalpa's ability from UCS;

Regarding Military Strength, I noticed that in graph there's info saying your target's military is WEAK or POOR or STRONG comparing to yours. Giving that you have quite an exact info without having the numbers shown. What do you think about adding a random error, let's say +/- 10% in enemy's strength evalueation. This would mean you may under- or overestimate his power a bit.
Mostly you cannot see enemy units, so you cannot count them easily. And your "spies" might get mistaken.

I like this idea. I will be doing a playtest with this version and actually log some hours now that 4.0 is out. One idea I thought might work is to chart each Civs gold spent on unit maintenance with a margin of error. And perhaps include the defensive building maintenence spent as well to add more nuance in assuming what another civ is up to. If it is possible, it seems like a more realistic representation of actual diplomacy. A countries government may know the military budget of another country. And a general idea of their spending. However they don't know what that money is being spent on.

Great modmod, I come with a suggestion to add technologies count for you and the AI above policies (It would be great because if you don't want to use the diplo list <option which this modmod allows because you can easily see the city-states quests without the diplo list> it's harder to find out your own tech count). Thank you for your hard work.
Spoiler :

Untitled.png

Great modmod, I come with a suggestion to add technologies count for you and the AI above policies (It would be great because if you don't want to use the diplo list <option which this modmod allows because you can easily see the city-states quests without the diplo list> it's harder to find out your own tech count). Thank you for your hard work.
Good idea. I will try think of something.

2023-10-01_22h30_32.png
2023-10-01_22h39_05.png

v17 with new stuff. Great thanks to @axatin for his help.
Code:
- Graph:
    - added +/-10% error while assessing military strength of other players (so now you can under- or overestimate the actual power of his military);
    - added infoto the tooltips about number of technologies researched by the player and the difference between him and the active player;
- Trade Opportunities:
    - expanded the tooltip by the number of copies player got from different non-map sources and additional note that they do or do not count towards monopolies (in the case when there are no other copies on the map);
        - now resources given by Great People (Great Admirals) should show up in the table;
        - fixed the table for the Dutch (added imported luxuries in their case to the monopoly calculator);
            - added case when Dutch got Statecraft policy or are allied to Tegucigalpa (was duplicating imported resources);
        - added info about modifiers from Third Alternative policy and Zealotry belief;
        - added info about free copies from Foreign Service policy;
        - added info about free copies from corporations and franchises;

So, today the mod got really angry at me and CTDed and even BSODed me on founding of the World Congress. The only useful log was

Spoiler Callstack.log :

Gamecore Callstack

Lua Callstack
=[C] (-1): (for generator)
C:\Users\aplvo\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(ui) Trade Opportunities for VP\UI\Graph\RelationsGraph.lua (635): getCivSummaryToolTip
C:\Users\aplvo\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(ui) Trade Opportunities for VP\UI\Graph\RelationsGraph.lua (532): politicalView
C:\Users\aplvo\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(ui) Trade Opportunities for VP\UI\Graph\RelationsGraph.lua (322): BuildView
C:\Users\aplvo\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(ui) Trade Opportunities for VP\UI\Graph\RelationsGraph.lua (1346): ?
=[C] (-1): ?

I've tried several things to progress the game, but the only one to work was to completely delete the Graph folder from the mod.

So, today the mod got really angry at me and CTDed and even BSODed me on founding of the World Congress. The only useful log was

Spoiler Callstack.log :

Gamecore Callstack

Lua Callstack
=[C] (-1): (for generator)
C:\Users\aplvo\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(ui) Trade Opportunities for VP\UI\Graph\RelationsGraph.lua (635): getCivSummaryToolTip
C:\Users\aplvo\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(ui) Trade Opportunities for VP\UI\Graph\RelationsGraph.lua (532): politicalView
C:\Users\aplvo\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(ui) Trade Opportunities for VP\UI\Graph\RelationsGraph.lua (322): BuildView
C:\Users\aplvo\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(ui) Trade Opportunities for VP\UI\Graph\RelationsGraph.lua (1346): ?

I've tried several things to progress the game, but the only one to work was to completely delete the Graph folder from the mod.
Strange. I got to WC without a problem last time. Can you give more details? Civs, vassals, dead civs etc. Something that could help. I will look at these lines. Maybe I will find something.

Strange. I got to WC without a problem last time. Can you give more details? Civs, vassals, dead civs etc. Something that could help. I will look at these lines. Maybe I will find something.
One civilization was killed by me in classical era

One civilization was killed by me in classical era
I tried to reproduce it, but no idea. Everything seems to be fine.

v18 with new feature:
Code:
- sanctioned players are now marked in the Trade window;
- WAR marker is move to the center like SANCTIONED;

2023-10-20_17h27_44.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom