Turkey in europe

I didn't say that they don't deserve independence, I said it wouldn't help the situation, maybe I should be more clear, lookin' at the current problems turkey has with trying to secure it's border with Iraq, induction into the EU(maybe), half the people in the country want a secular government while the other half wish for Islam to have a political role in the government, and lets say turkey where to go ahead and give the Kurds independence, who's to say that this new country won't consider Turkey an enemy rather than an allie? That would mean turkey just created yet another problem that they'll have to deal with if not right then, later on down the road.

Isn't that the part where Nato brings in it's soldiers to forcefully keep peace between Turkey and Kurdistan?

I didn't say it shouldn't happen I just don't think westerners have the right right to pressure Turkey into a possibly making a wrong decision.

I agree. Let's let America finish it's war with Iraq, and see what's the situation then before letting any new countries get it's independance.

How will this help the situation at all besides add yet another country for the respective powers in the area to fight for political control of.
Giving Kurdistan independence isnt acceptable..
Does UK let Scotland or Wales be independent?
And the responsible of Kurd-Turk problem is definitely USA.If USA didnt occupy IRAQ,The Kurds wouldnt find this courage..
But this is meaningless to discuss..Because everything has happened once..

Do you actually know anything about those situations, so you could even attempt to hint at a comparison?
The Kurds in Turkey would so wish to be in a situation similar to the Scots, staring with a local parliament in Diyarbakir, their own police, their own courts...

Do you actually know anything about those situations, so you could even attempt to hint at a comparison?
I know what i should know..being independent is different from having local courts,having local etc.etc...
Independence is different from all things that Scotland has as a speciality..(the specialities are funny enough to keep Scottish people silent.)

The Kurds deserve a fair settlement to be sure. Maybe they even deserve independence. Let's be perfectly honest though, Turkey would have to go to war with Iran and Syria if it gave the Kurds independence. It's just not feasible.

Things have been getting better recently. There's speculation that the PKK's latest provocations took place precisely because conditions for the Kurds have been improving, resulting in a loss of support for the PKK in favour of moderate parties.

Turkey did need more than a little persuasion to do it's part though. Things could get much worse if they lose their incentives from the EU.

The Kurds deserve a fair settlement to be sure. Maybe they even deserve independence. Let's be perfectly honest though, Turkey would have to go to war with Iran and Syria if it gave the Kurds independence. It's just not feasible.

Things have been getting better recently. There's speculation that the PKK's latest provocations took place precisely because conditions for the Kurds have been improving, resulting in a loss of support for the PKK in favour of moderate parties.

Turkey did need more than a little persuasion to do it's part though. Things could get much worse if they lose their incentives from the EU.
Turkey vs Iran+Syria
Turkey cant carry this..Maybe Iran alone but not both of them..We cant give any land from Anatolia whatever the situation is?
Do Japanese people have opposite idea of this?

Turkey vs Iran+Syria
Turkey cant carry this..Maybe Iran alone but not both of them..We cant give any land from Anatolia whatever the situation is?
Do Japanese people have opposite idea of this?

I think you misunderstood. I'm kind of agreeing with you. Turkey can't give the Kurds independence because of Iran and Syria. I'm sure you could take them on, but nobody would expect you to just so you can cede a chunk of your own territory.

I'm British.

I think you misunderstood. I'm kind of agreeing with you. Turkey can't give the Kurds independence because of Iran and Syria. I'm sure you could take them on, but nobody would expect you to just so you can cede a chunk of your own territory.

I'm British.
You're right definitely..

I am turkish.My line is belonged to Oghus tribe and from the Ottoman palace.:)

Are you turkish or GREEK... Do you come from turkey or GREECE.
Did anyone else notice how these guys use capitals? Coincidence? I dont think so...:p

Top Bottom