1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Turkey in europe

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Italian Celtic, Dec 17, 2007.

1. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Isn't that the part where Nato brings in it's soldiers to forcefully keep peace between Turkey and Kurdistan?

I agree. Let's let America finish it's war with Iraq, and see what's the situation then before letting any new countries get it's independance.

2. gegabitelord

gegabitelord Warlord

Well if it turns out like I said Then yes, but I'd much rather hope it doesn't come to that.

3. Quildavyr

Quildavyr Man of sick jokes!

Nato?
    Is allready here;)

4. Hadesspirit

Hadesspirit Prince

Giving Kurdistan independence isnt acceptable..
    Does UK let Scotland or Wales be independent?
    And the responsible of Kurd-Turk problem is definitely USA.If USA didnt occupy IRAQ,The Kurds wouldnt find this courage..
    But this is meaningless to discuss..Because everything has happened once..

5. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

Do you actually know anything about those situations, so you could even attempt to hint at a comparison?

6. Verbose

Verbose Deity

The Kurds in Turkey would so wish to be in a situation similar to the Scots, staring with a local parliament in Diyarbakir, their own police, their own courts...

7. Hadesspirit

Hadesspirit Prince

I know what i should know..being independent is different from having local courts,having local etc.etc...
    Independence is different from all things that Scotland has as a speciality..(the specialities are funny enough to keep Scottish people silent.)

8. Enkidu Warrior

Enkidu Warrior Ultramagnetic

The Kurds deserve a fair settlement to be sure. Maybe they even deserve independence. Let's be perfectly honest though, Turkey would have to go to war with Iran and Syria if it gave the Kurds independence. It's just not feasible.

Things have been getting better recently. There's speculation that the PKK's latest provocations took place precisely because conditions for the Kurds have been improving, resulting in a loss of support for the PKK in favour of moderate parties.

Turkey did need more than a little persuasion to do it's part though. Things could get much worse if they lose their incentives from the EU.

9. Hadesspirit

Hadesspirit Prince

Turkey vs Iran+Syria
    Turkey cant carry this..Maybe Iran alone but not both of them..We cant give any land from Anatolia whatever the situation is?
    Do Japanese people have opposite idea of this?

10. Enkidu Warrior

Enkidu Warrior Ultramagnetic

I think you misunderstood. I'm kind of agreeing with you. Turkey can't give the Kurds independence because of Iran and Syria. I'm sure you could take them on, but nobody would expect you to just so you can cede a chunk of your own territory.

I'm British.

11. Hadesspirit

Hadesspirit Prince

You're right definitely..

12. armandotr

armandotr Chieftain

Are you turkish or GREEK... Do you come from turkey or GREECE.
    Did anyone else notice how these guys use capitals? Coincidence? I dont think so...:p