Ukraine and Russia may go to war

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Wallace, UK Defense secretary, being suitably diplomatic and realistic

Unfortunately we’ve got a busy adversary now in Putin, who has gone full tonto.
The Scots Guards kicked the backside of Tsar Nicholas I in 1853 in Crimea – we can always do it again.​
The same conflict that included the Charge of the Light Brigade?

And CFC posters are not, as far as I'm aware, running psyops for world governments.
How do you think I pay for my fancy retirement? ;)

Well France isn’t invading Italy either.
Only bombed Libya a little bit.
The current events in Ukraine have nothing to do with Kievan Rus, France or medieval ancestry at all.

If your government has a 'position' on your history you are in more trouble than you know :cool:
Putin didn't say a word about Kievan Rus IIRC.
All this fuss is about US embassy retweeting Ukrainian nationalist BS.

In the part where Putin tells how Ukraine squandered the potential inherited from the USSR and did not acquire anything - this is the absolute truth. The fact that Ukraine is now a semi-colony of the West is also true.
I wonder how much of the Russian oligarch wealth is located outside of Russia in the west?

Perhaps the reason is that the Italian fascists do not oppress French-speaking Italians?

P.S. in Crimea and Donbas, the majority of residents are ethnic Russians.

Russian-speaking Ukrainian here. Still waiting to be oppressed for eight years.

Unless they are hostile, then they become more of a problem.

Sure
You can describe it well with the hysteresis effect.
Two stable states depending on its history.
And both states can have a level of dissatisfaction pushing towards the other state without meeting the treshold value to flip the states until an external factor flips it.

Here wiki on that
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysteresis

The example given in wiki a symetrical hysteresis, but applied to RL like here with Ukraine an asymetric hysteresis loop in treshold values and residual "dissatisfaction" to be expected.
If you believe in this case that that residual level of dissatisfaction can be handled and wanes over time the opportunity gate is opened re Russia-Ukraine. That leaves the international effects.

International relations behaving the same way imo.

Last edited:
Ukrainian here. Half an hour drive from Crimea border. Ask me anything.
Welcome to Off topic! :)

What is your weather today?

so , ı hear there has been massive or least visible economic growth . Will Free Ukranians pay their gas bills to non Free Russia ? Important question in a way , Russians are balking at bombing the pipelines .

Perhaps the reason is that the Italian fascists do not oppress French-speaking Italians?
Italian fascists? The year is 2022, not 1922
P.S. in Crimea and Donbas, the majority of residents are ethnic Russians.
Although perhaps you're speaking to us from 1922. Do we need to bring up the Sudetenland in this thread again?

Regardless, in Ukraine, the majority of residents are ethnic Ukrainians
The current events in Ukraine have nothing to do with Kievan Rus, France or medieval ancestry at all.
When it comes to defining national identity, history tends to be important. More so when another country seeks to redefine it for you in a revisionist rant
Care to provide a link?
Try this :)

No s***

Ukrainian here. Half an hour drive from Crimea border. Ask me anything.
What do you think of Красный Комиссар

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom