Unit Request Thread

one thing that has always slightly confused me it the lack of any variations on the machine gunner. Like, for instance, a german or french or russian soldier instead of the usual british gunner

I want to design a Tlingit civilization since its apparently never been done on Civfanatics across any of the civ games.
But the main issue that comes to my mind is that because its never been done before theres no where to find a good UU.

Anyone got an ideas on how to get these badass warriors ingame? preferably with both melee and rifle because i plan on having them upgrade.

more pictures!
Spoiler :

No helmets :'( or a crude retexture of a model would make me happier then nothing at all.

Yikes, join the club. We've been looking for some PNW units for months on end now haha #TheSalishHaveBeenDoneForSoLongAtThisPoint

Well doesn't that just suck, then. No love for PNW.

I had the same problem with the Squamish, which is why I switched over to a double UB design.

UI and a UB might work for the Tlingit. I've already got a UI after all.

Any chance to have these wolves in light brown/sandy colors?
I need them for a Dune Wolf UU.

Nutty did a brown re-skin of the wolf, and there is also a sandy brown version of the warg:

Spoiler :

I am not very talented at re-skins, but if neither of the above satisfy your request I suppose could give it a shot.

Last edited:
Can anybody please make a modern mobile SAM units, for example, the S-300 / S-400 or MIM-104 Patriot from civ4, and ZSU-23-4 "Shilka"?

Could someone reskin these and make them look less... vikingy? As in, remove the dragon heads, shields and symbol on the sail, and make it look a bit more like this? If not, is there a better model already? I couldn't find one, although AW did ask for some of these to be converted.

To clarify: Can you convert/point me towards some ~500BC boats?

Don't worry - unit's been scrapped.

Additional request: Are there any Melee Camel models around? Admittedly I haven't had a chance to look, but I'd be greatful if anyone has come across some. Preferably Dromedary camels, but I'm not that picky :)

As I'm currently making a Dragon Ball Z Civilization, can somebody make a Great Saiyaman UU Model for me, using the Great Spy Animations from Civ 4? I tried hand before with Blender 2.72, but utterly failed with it for being a total noob in Blender I am.

OBJ files are in the attachments. Thanks in response!

Attachments

• GreatSaiyaman.rar
    225.2 KB · Views: 59
I'm looking for a unit graphic for a Lithobolos
Spoiler :

I'm wondering if a scaled up, and single version, of the Roman Ballista would work, with the roman soldiers replaced with something more greek looking. Any ideas?

i can reskin that fighter generic. Thanks!

Funny you should mention this - I downloaded it myself yesterday because I needed a model of a woman in traditional Japanese dress.

If you let me know what unit it will be, I can pick out a suitable skeleton (and keep the props that come from the vanilla unit if they are needed).

Top Bottom