1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Not crashing for me :(

Can you reload this save and verify it still crashes for you with the latest SVN? I just loaded, did the recalc it was asking for, then hit the end turn button - anything else needed when it happens for you?

2. matt1975

matt1975 Chieftain

Nope... Very repeatable issue, occurs also with the IL2 so according to your theory its not necessarily an animation issue. Other aircraft (ornithopter, autogyro) I have don't have the recon option. I have attached a copy of my save game. Just look for an Early Fighter or IL2 and give it a go. Push the recon button and then click on the map to dispatch. My game (now svn4329) crashes very consistenly when trying to do this. Please let me know what your findings are.

Attached Files:

3. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

@all: Should I change this to be default on the SVN? That way everyone will be able to use the third ring without manually adjusting it every time they update the SVN.

4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Nope it still crashes on me in Viewports, after updating to SVN 4330 :sad:

Again if you CAN get it to next turn, pls provide next turn, thx.

5. matt1975

matt1975 Chieftain

Sending an Early Fighter on a recon mission still causes a CTD for me on 4330 (Airplane tweaks from ls612)... See earlier post for save game.

6. primem0ver

primem0ver Emperor

Regarding the 15 turns to Sedentary Lifestyle issue: I will go ahead and post these when I get a chance (tonight or tomorrow). I wouldn't think this would matter but it might be important: Would it matter if I gave myself some technologies in WB? There are so many technologies now that it would take an hour or so to the find the few I wanted to give myself. So I gave myself all pre-historic techs in order to find them all and then removed a majority of them. Would this cause the problem? I can guarantee that I am still a good 80-100 turns or so away.

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

sounds like a good idea to me.

8. LumenAngel

LumenAngel King

Little bug with Valley of King Wonder : AI manage to build it, but i m the one with Pyramids... So, normally, they wasn't able to build it.

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

;) This one have been reported and fixed on the beta (SVN) version. Thanks anyway.

10. strategyonly

It should not have mattered, i really think it was what Snofru1 said about getting it free from a goodie hut. Going into the WB is a "human" thing not a AI thing.

But if your that far away, it still just doesnt seem thats what happened.

You should be able to read when the AI civ got it in the logs area. If your that concerned. . . it just sounds like a "quirk.":crazyeye:

11. LumenAngel

LumenAngel King

Sry, I wasnt able to follow evey report and fix these days ^^'

12. strategyonly

Heck, who can :p

13. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Dump shows crash is not in the DLL, which mans I can't use the dump to diagnose it. It reproduced once for me, then wouldn't reproduce again, but I have a suspicion it relates to paradrops.

Could you try turning off all unit animations, and turning on quick attack/quick defense options and let me know if that allows you to continue reliably?

14. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Well I did read it and maybe I didn't understand it, I just wanted all the facts on the table. The fact that changing FOV also affect the city zoom.

15. strategyonly

OK didnt try that, but i updated to the new SVN 4334 and now the Viewports view does work. I even tried with withOUT Viewports and it worked???:crazyeye: (I also held down the shift button, if that matters?)

16. stachnie

stachnie Theorist

It was discussed a few pages back. In short: in v27 the Valley of the Kings is autobuilt 1 turn after requirements are fulfilled (the Pyramids and Sphinx in one city) or it may be built (autobuilt?) by Barbarians when they get the tech. However, in my last game I have managed to get it before Barbarians :)

S.

17. Little Abigail

Little Abigail Chieftain

I don't remember goody huts ever giving a tech ten+ rows beyond where you are. Because that's about where you would be on turn fifteen. Hell, even at the rate of one tech per turn you still wouldn't be near Sedentary Lifestyle.

18. matt1975

matt1975 Chieftain

Bombing missions with the Early Fighter also cause a CTD... Has anyone been able to corroborate or confirm the CTD with the save game I sent?

19. astrohawke

astrohawke Chieftain

Can't progress past this point. Game crashes every time I end turn. Haven't updated SVN since V27 release I think. I can try updating but I dislike getting random changes halfway through a game, particularly potentially unstable ones. Please let me know what the problem is and whether you can progress or not. Thanks.

Attached Files:

20. The Boss

The Boss Chieftain

Last SVN (today).
    I get recurrent CTD with this message:
    "Failed to allocate video memory. Please try to reducing your graphic settings.
    File: \main\Civilization4\SDK\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NDX9Renderer\NDX9VBManager.cpp, Line:1019"
    Viewport on, default setting. Dynamic unit on.
    Map size: large.
    Please help! What can I do?
    If useful, I can get an autosave few turns before CTD, and (if someone tell me where it i) a minidump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.