Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Nov 3, 2012.
Comp specs and OS please?
Any time it CTD's just do what Post # 1 informs us to do, thx.
OS: windows XP professional (with /3GB on)
Comp: Intel Core Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66 GHz 4 GB RAM 2 Video Card NVIDIA Geforge GTS 250 (1 GB RAM DDR3) in SLI
Is nobody on this? Just wondering why this is being ignored. It's making the game unplayable.
You need to post a save in which it reproduces and the minidump. See the FAQs thread for more info, but the long and the short is without those two things we can't help you.
Nevermind, I saw your original post, sorry. We aren't quite certain what is causing that, Koshling thinks it is an animation issue, but the odds of that being true given that it happens on many airplanes is low.
Here last autosave before my CTD
What are your Viewport sizes? Because you will get less memory with the 3GB switch than having a 64 bit OS would give. I'd suggest no bigger than 45 by 30 and graphics at medium as a max for your rig. However it is certainly possible to run C2C on something like that, I ran it for a year on a rig much worse than that.
Viewport 40 x 40 focus border 2
Lowering viewport size to 30 x 30 I get no more CTD with same autosave.
I also lowered resolution to medium.
You saved my last game!
FINALLY pinned this down (it was a SLOW process!). It was down to some changes made in a combatMod update in rev 4203. Fix will be on the SVN shortly.
@Thunderbrd: you must never change the signature of a method declared as DllExport since those are function as the game engine calls, and if you change the signature it will throw a procedure-not-found exception when it tries to bind to it. In this case you changed getBestDefender() so that some of its parameters ceased to be declared as 'const'.
The reason you found it convenient to do this was ultimately because a bunch of methods you added (such as withdrawVSOpponentProbTotal()) took parameters they had no intention of modifying, but didn't bother declaring those parameters as const, so you found you got errors when you tried to call them from other methods that DID declare the things you wanted to pass as parameters as const. Removing all the 'const' declarations (even if you didn't have the killer issue of that changing an externalized signature) is going to be the wrong approach in 99% of all cases - the first thing you should ask yourself is 'why can't this be const?' (i.e. - am I really doing something that should modify it?). If there is no good reason why it cannot be const it almost certainly should be.
Edit - @SO - this also explains your recent minidumps
The portrait painter building uses the OLD_DYE tag.
That's my building -- I'll fix it tomorrow when I get to my main computer (I'm traveling right now.)
Oh my goodness, thank you sooo much, it was heck playing with Viewports and getting a CTD every now and then, now PLS on to the arrow problem (hint hint) (jj)
Hello, the priests are not assembling together.
DID you change a few things around, because i dont remember having put back in the slider?
Any help please?
See post # 1 pls, then respond back, thx.
All the files are in the original post
If you look at your post with the save, it's been d/l'd 10 times now which means at least several ppl are looking at it.
Did the zip contain the Minidump too?
I just looked at your change there and I fully understand what you mean. I apologize for that poor decision. I had thought if it would manifest as a problem it would've done so more immediately but I can see how and why I was wrong. I felt guilty as soon as I noticed the change - and truth be told, what you did to fix the problem was epically easier than the headache I went through trying to fix it.
Now if I could only figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong with this savegame compatibility!!!
I'm frustrated to wit's end here with this! I've spent all day scouring through every change looking for something somewhere that might account for the problem and I still can't seem to find it. I'm updating the branch though so that some known issues that have been fixed remain so if you're taking a look.
Separate names with a comma.