v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that worked, meaning that we need new Graphics for the Ballista.

Have you pinned it on the ballista specifically (not the archer [though I admit that is unlikely])? Another experiment to try is to replace the ballista graphics with those of some other well-tested unit (say a swordsman or something!), and see if the problem is still absent...

Probably my fault since I wasn't aware of this functionality. What do you mean by 'centered on'? Is this different to 'selected'. If I can understand properly what it's meant to do I can probably get the right functionality back! Are there any other keys that do city selection I should also be aware of?

"Pressing Insert will open your nearest city." Is what I remember from the documentation. Where nearest means "closest city to the centre of the screen" from experience. That includes when none of your cities are on screen.

"Pressing Insert will open your nearest city." Is what I remember from the documentation. Where nearest means "closest city to the centre of the screen" from experience. That includes when none of your cities are on screen.

Ok, I'll see what I can do. It was changed as party of a viewport fix, because attempts to select cities off the current viewport before scrolling the viewport lad to crashes. This specific piece of functionality was hit as a side-effect, though from our description it needs to be viewport-aware also so as not to have the same potential crashing issue. It's currently approximately third on my C2C TODO list (after the excessive recalc times and SO's CTD). Should get to it this weekend.

Have you pinned it on the ballista specifically (not the archer [though I admit that is unlikely])? Another experiment to try is to replace the ballista graphics with those of some other well-tested unit (say a swordsman or something!), and see if the problem is still absent...

Yes, I attacked the city with Swordsmen, Horse Crossbowmen, and Mounted Infantry, and only the Second ballista (the first one attacks with animations fine) crashes it.

Also, on an unrelated note, after I concluded that war and force-vassalized the Khmer, the Navajo, a civ with which I am on good terms, randomly comes and asks to be my vassal as well. The issue there is that they are quite powerful (I have 22 cities, they have 13), so I'm not quite sure what would cause the AI to do that.

Also, on an unrelated note, after I concluded that war and force-vassalized the Khmer, the Navajo, a civ with which I am on good terms, randomly comes and asks to be my vassal as well. The issue there is that they are quite powerful (I have 22 cities, they have 13), so I'm not quite sure what would cause the AI to do that.

I am pretty sure because if you look at the screen pull-up they are close to the bottom of the list then, and dont want their neighbors, which you are in friends with, to take over, so if you say yes, you are more than likely to break a friendship someplace and start a war . . . thats my best guess:confused:

Giving the Early Fighter a recon mission causes a CTD. The CTD occurs when I click on the map to dispatch the aircraft after having clicked on the recon mission button.

Giving the Early Fighter a recon mission causes a CTD. The CTD occurs when I click on the map to dispatch the aircraft after having clicked on the recon mission button.

Almost certainly a unit animation issue. Does it happen with just the one unit type or with all air units? If the former then that adds evidence for the animation being at fault.

Question. It's been forever since I've gone this far in C2C, and I'm wondering how on earth one manages the third city ring. In my capital I just unlocked it, but as you can see I can't put anyone to work there because the production bar is in the way.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0038.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0038.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 70
Question. It's been forever since I've gone this far in C2C, and I'm wondering how on earth one manages the third city ring. In my capital I just unlocked it, but as you can see I can't put anyone to work there because the production bar is in the way.

I've never had that problem - maybe it's a resolution thing - what screen res do you play at? (typically I play at 1600X1200)

I've never had that problem - maybe it's a resolution thing - what screen res do you play at? (typically I play at 1600X1200)

My max resolution is 1366X768.

Also, I highly doubt that the Early fighter has animation issues, as it uses stock BtS anims IIRC.

My max resolution is 1366X768.

Also, I highly doubt that the Early fighter has animation issues, as it uses stock BtS anims IIRC.

I suspect it's a resolution issue then - does anything influence the size it displays tiles at in the city screen? I have a feeling it might well be a fixed size (in pixels)

The screenshot is only 768 pixels tall. That would be the reason.

Perhaps the Field of View slider (towards the upper right of the screen when on the main map if you have not set the BUG options to not show it) also carries its effects into the city screen. Give it a try.

I have v27, non-SVN. I was able to play it successfully the first few times, but now it crashes to desktop whenever I open it, no matter if I just click on Open a Mod or if I load a game itself. There is no error message afterward or anything to tell what is responsible.

I suspect it's a resolution issue then - does anything influence the size it displays tiles at in the city screen? I have a feeling it might well be a fixed size (in pixels)

The screenshot is only 768 pixels tall. That would be the reason.

Perhaps the Field of View slider (towards the upper right of the screen when on the main map if you have not set the BUG options to not show it) also carries its effects into the city screen. Give it a try.

I figured it was a resolution problem, just like in the "Black titles" stuff, but in a completely different prospect of course.

Default map view is 4300, also for the camera city zoom.

To manage the third ring open GlobalDefine.XML and search for the define name below:
Code:
<Define>
	<DefineName>CAMERA_CITY_ZOOM_IN_DISTANCE</DefineName>
	<fDefineFloatVal>5750</fDefineFloatVal>
</Define>
and change the definefloatval as given.

Please, just an answer? Is this a common bug? I can't play the game at all until someone helps me.

Please, just an answer? Is this a common bug? I can't play the game at all until someone helps me.

Please look at post one (1), it says what to do and thx for asking ans playing. . . SO

I have v27, non-SVN. I was able to play it successfully the first few times, but now it crashes to desktop whenever I open it, no matter if I just click on Open a Mod or if I load a game itself. There is no error message afterward or anything to tell what is responsible.

No it is not usual. Exactly when is the crash happening? Knowing that may help us figure out the cause.

- are you getting the small box which shows the stages of loading? - maybe a cache problem
- do you get to the end of that box and then it crashes? - maybe a graphics glitch​

A CTD with no message most often happens when something has gone wrong with one of the graphics assets. Usually units but sometimes terrain graphics. For example a file being mistyped in one of the art define files. If you have not been modding v27 this is unlikely. If you have then you should check any graphics definitions you have changed to make sure the file names and locations are right.

Are you trying to play on a predefined map that comes with v27? I thought we had fixed all of them but we may have missed one.

Otherwise while waiting for someone to look at your mini dump file you could try deleting the contents Caveman2Coamos/Assets/Cache folder and trying to start the game again. The cache will be rebuilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom