v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "Conisour" Club buildings are showing up in the building list as Great Wonders. I think that will mess up the Wonder count for all cities once they are built. Is that intended? Do Wonders even work as free buildings? I would think there would be a problem if more than 1 suddenly appear.

Could the spelling be fixed, too? "Conisour" is pretty badly misspelled. The right spelling is Connoisseur, if that is the intended word.

Could the spelling be fixed, too? "Conisour" is pretty badly misspelled. The right spelling is Connoisseur, if that is the intended word.

Actually in french its "Connaisseur" which spelling we use in Germany as well.
Interesting to see that there is an english version with an "o" instead of an "a"

Connaisseur is abriviated from the word "connaître", "to know (something/someone)".

Or as the scots say "to ken". By the way pretty similar to us germans saying
"to know someone" - "jemanden kennen" :)

The "Conisour" Club buildings are showing up in the building list as Great Wonders. I think that will mess up the Wonder count for all cities once they are built. Is that intended? Do Wonders even work as free buildings? I would think there would be a problem if more than 1 suddenly appear.

That is correct UNLESS you play with unlimited Wonders. You can get a free Wonder if so stated correctly (I believe) but again if your concerned about wonders PER city, it might mess things up and say you got a Wonder, but then it puts you over the LIMIT and you dont actually get it. . .??

That is correct UNLESS you play with unlimited Wonders. You can get a free Wonder if so stated correctly (I believe) but again if your concerned about wonders PER city, it might mess things up and say you got a Wonder, but then it puts you over the LIMIT and you dont actually get it. . .??

But won't it take up a Wonder slot in EVERY city if Unlimited Wonders isn't turned on?

I'm using SVN 4476 and have auto upgrade turned on. I'm in the Renasissance Era and have musketeers but units are not upgrading nor have the option to. I'll click on say, an arquebussier and there is no musketeer icon so I can upgrade. I know have swordsman, heavy swordsmen, axemen, heavy axemen, arquebussiers, macemen, and musketeers all running around together. Now, even with automatic upgrade on, I've always had to do it manually for a few units, but the icon was there and I'd just hold the alt button when I click to get them all but now I'm not even getting the option. Sorry for the ramble but it's 0221 and I am todemude. :sleep:

But won't it take up a Wonder slot in EVERY city if Unlimited Wonders isn't turned on?

Wonders as they stand withOUT limited is done PER city, not ALL cities. (At least, thats my understanding)

Very minor bug: SVN 4476, the Leader Barbarossa only has 2 traits. I'm pretty sure every Leader is supposed to have 3 traits now?

I dont know what is going on with JUST that one leader, if you look at HIS actual traits 3 ARE listed?

Dang it, there was 3 there, because i know it was a problem 2 months ago, i'll put one in, thx.

The drink clubs weren't supposed to be wonders. They should have been buildings; the main purpose of which is to stop you building more than one of the vintage wineries.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned (if it was I apologize), but my BUG controls aren't working. I can open them up, make changes, but when I close the menu, the changes are blithely ignored. Re-opening the BUG control confirms that the changes were not saved, and ending the turn does not apply the changes as per normal. I first noted strange behavior when the pop-up suggesting I have a look at the BUG control popped several times.

The save is attached.

As a point of interest, where are the BUG controls saved? In the save file or the UserSetting\.*.txt collection of files? I have to think it's the former as making changes to the text files is also ignored.

Are you saying that you change the BUG options go back to the game and then look at the BUG options again and they are not set or do you mean that they are not being saved across sessions? If the latter then it is because you need to save then save again for them to saved - don't know why.

The former. Open the BUG menu, make a change, close the BUG menu, immediately open the BUG menu, and the changes have been reverted.

The former. Open the BUG menu, make a change, close the BUG menu, immediately open the BUG menu, and the changes have been reverted.

OK, I have not seen that one. Yes the options are saved in UserSettings/*.ini which can be read and edited in a text editor. Do you have write access to that folder when you play the game?

Yes, I also tried running as admin, and changing the settings in the .ini-s. Still, no change.

There we go: Reverted all changes in the UserSettings via the SVN. Files looked like they might have been poorly formatted before I did that.

Thanks DH! Now I feel bad about all those times the PC got your Great Person and I killed it...

Vanilla v27:

Female missionaries have no unit type rather than being missionary units, so they don't get the Morale promotion from Famen Temple (which incidentally says it grants the Mobility promotion, rather than Morale).

EDIT: Apparently the female missionaries/executives for the vanilla BtS religions and corporations are classified as Missionaries, it's just those of all the additional religions and corps are not. Regardless, the ones that aren't need fixing.

All of them had a Type they would not work without it;) Some of them were missing a Combat Class which may have been the cause, I'll look into it.

Famen Temple was long fixed in my own file.
It was just never updated in C2C

Unless DH changed the codes for Famen Temple, it has nothing to do with Unit Type.
It will more be a case of how you merge the 2 codes together.
From what I know, Saiboleih's Female Missionaries original codes will spawn the Female Version onUnitBuilt, and the male counterpart is gone.

You have to
1) Activate Female before Famen
2) Set unit to refer to the new spawned unit for Famen to activate for it.

Otherwise
Add a check for Famen under Female codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom