1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Once you get the download, how did you put it in the mod folder? If you try to overwrite the previous version, you could run up against a problem similar to what you're saying is taking place there. Make sure you just delete the old caveman2cosmos file and THEN install the new one into the Firaxis Games/Sid Meyers Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods file located in your program files (x64 if on Windows 7 or higher).

It just sounds like you may have inadvertently created a clash between the file sets from the first version and the update.

It would be possible to simply remove the ok button. There's a parameter option for that when the popup is setup in the dll. Strange that its causing that problem though. I tested that scenario and all it did for me was bring the popup back since it had no selection. huh... I tested that before an additional tweak gave us the help pop on hovering over the selections though so maybe somehow that makes a difference there. Anyhow, I told myself I'd take the OK button out if there was a problem with it in anyway and apparently there can be so... its gone!

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

See first post in the Main mod thread, i just put a Do NOT use Desura post there, just to use the mirror site instead.

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah... I can run this without a crash through the debugger. So either it was just something funny about the update and the way it was done causing file clash, which is pretty likely, or its something that's already been repaired possibly.

We have a new release scheduled for tomorrow. Might wanna just go with that one.

4. Taxman66

Taxman66 Chieftain

V27
    I hope this is a known issue and has already been resolved, but I just encountered it.

I have all the listed requirements to build a Great Captain, but am unable to do so. I can only build the previous version (the Vassel Lord, IRCC its name). I can build two of the 15 STR Warlord Captains, but not the guy that improves existing units.

5. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

Great Captains can only be obtained by defeating another player's Warlord Captain; the Great X line (beginning with the Great Chief) and the Lord line (beginning with the Noble) are actually two separate unit lines. This is the line of units that you actually can train that boost your units:
    • Noble [Aristocracy]
    • Warlord Vassal [Vassalage]
    • Lord [Chivalry]
    • Viceroy [Leadership]
    but to get a Great Chief, Great Captain, or better, you have to take out another player's Warlord or capture one of them from another player (Great Chief and up can be captured). You can, if you really want to, throw Warlords at AI rivals in the hopes that they will get converted to Great X's that you can then re-capture; the AI doesn't seem to know what to do with them, so they make great spoils of war.

6. Kreatur

Kreatur Chieftain

i found a big game breaking bug, which makes the game unplayable from the industrial age.
    to build a pover plant you need pover lines and pover lines reqiuieres copper wires. and copper wires are produced in a copper wire factory. But a copper wire factory requieres electricity and electricity is produced in pover plants . so you can never get any factory buildings ore any other building which needs electricity. So the game get senseless afte the end of the renaissance age. if you say the department of energy provides free pover lines in every city, keep in mind that the department needs pover lines in the city first to be build

7. Kreatur

Kreatur Chieftain

ok sorry the copper wire factory dont need energy sorry

8. strategyonly

nvr mnd

9. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Did you by chance select the Ancient Era as your starting era?

10. AntaranDream

AntaranDream Chieftain

As of 4684, I'm getting a ton of positive traits when I hit the 3 million culture mark.

EDIT: 4 positive and 1 negative to be exact.

11. strategyonly

Yeah, just looked and when i was going through the other options it switched by itself, darn stuff anyways, my bad :blush:. . . SO

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

@Koshling: It would be helpful to have your advice at least on how to go about making the National Culture level count (and while we're at it, probably all other National Total Commerce counts) into a long int. It seems like it'd be easy but I'm wondering if there's some pitfalls to be aware of? Apparently said gentleman above has already encountered a problematic calculation there that could be avoided by the change to a long int.

@Antaran: this was somewhat expected that there'd be a whacked out point one would reach there but are you sure its 3 million and not 3 billion?

13. AntaranDream

AntaranDream Chieftain

Its 3 million I just checked it again.

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

hmm... ok. Fair 'nuff. Apparently some calculations involved are throwing it up past 3 Billion nevertheless... perhaps a quickfix could be had that could at least suspend the problem another 3 digits. But rather than waste the time to concern myself with that, in knowledge that its only going to hold the problem at bay until the switch to a long int application, I'll wait for koshling's advice on how to proceed with that method.

15. chmoosi

chmoosi Chieftain

Reposting this from the SVN thread..

I'm playing on deity, and in many games the AI seems to be very weak in the prehistoric era. Attached is a save of my latest game, around turn 80. This is with the latest SVN. Notice that my research rate is 2-3 times MORE than the AI's. They're also not building many units and also many of them are just hanging around inside their borders doing nothing, like the german tracker that is in the save. I feel that the deity difficulty in general is not enough of a challenge, this would be a good place to improve it for sure.

The save:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=341771&d=1359375566

16. chmoosi

chmoosi Chieftain

Ok so I started a new game on deity and figured out what's causing the AI to stall: City maintenance. It's noticeably higher in the prehistoric era than before. In this new game of all the AIs the only one which was progressing normally was King, who is Organized. The other AIs had research rate near 0% and some even were on strike! This was on turn 60 or so. I also noticed that my own city maintenance was higher than before, which caused me to investigate this in the first place.

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

@chmoosi,

What Trait system did you use on game set up? That would be helpful info.

JosEPh

18. strategyonly

Old issue:

Cant seem to get Sioux Culture?? I have the resource Bison (pic 1), I have the Culture American and the Master Hunter?? But no Sioux even after the next turn just incase it didnt show-up when avail (pic 2)??

Also i believe there is to much Lead avail but not even close to enough copper (and when it does show up its mostly on Mountain Peaks? I am just sayin' (pic 3)

19. Flinx

Flinx Chieftain

Looking at your city and the surrounding land i`d say you lack plains or grassland in city vicinity.
    Master hunter is no prereq for culture Sioux, but plains or grassland are.

20. strategyonly

OK went back into WB and changed the plot next to city to Plains and still not avail??

Unless again, it means Plains AND Grassland??

EDIT: Nope didnt matter i put grassland there also, still nothing/

OR does it mean (in vicinity) 2 tiles or 3 tiles away??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.