1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Vacation Advice (Scotland, England)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JerichoHill, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Lord Gay

Lord Gay Emperor

Sorry, I have no Vatican advice.

2. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Got an e-mail about Supreme Court opening their Library's and thought of you JH but I don't think you will be here for it, so figured i'd post it for general interest; the Supreme Court is opening up its Art Vaults and apparently the Justice's have got involved.

http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/

3. RedRalph

RedRalph Deity

Don't forget to refer to the people as 'Scotch'

4. Brighteye

Brighteye intuitively Bayesian

My recommendations for visiting Oxford would include a walking tour of some sort. It's almost 10 years since I've been on one, but I think they go inside some of the colleges that you'd otherwise have to sneak into.
    The Ashmolean's a good museum, but the Pitt Rivers, dark and packed though it is, is closer to unique; there are plenty of collections of artefacts from here and there in museums around the world.
    There's not much to do except admire fantastic architecture and listen to a few related stories, but there are some great pubs too.
    There'll soon be a website with talks going on in Oxford: it's in a test version at the moment
    (http://salami.ox.compsoc.net:3000/)
    Oxford pulls in a fair few interesting speakers, so you might find something going on.

I'd always book a friend a guest room in college, because it's in a turret overlooking The High, and has a nice feel to it. But if you're staying overnight the hotels are nice: people never seem to complain about the Royal or the Randolph, except the prices.