Various Units by GeneralMatt

GeneralMatt

Emperor
It has been a while since I have been able to be around, but in that time I have done a few units, and I figured I would release them as one file.
Forgive me if these units are already done, but the fact that I have not been able to be around makes it slightly difficult to keep on top of these sorts of things.

All of these, I believe, work, though there may be a problem with the HMS Warrior, I am not sure.
I am also hoping to work a bit more on a Napoleonic set.
I am not sure how they compare quality wise to other current stuff, but anyways, for what it is worth, here they are.

12 Pounder Armstrong Gun
QF 25 Pounder
Updated British Rifleman
HMS Devastation
HMS Monmouth
Revamped HMS Queen Elizabeth
New HMS Warrior
Matilda Tank
Sherman Firefly
New Zealand, South African WWII Infantry
French Napoleonic Fusilier
Austrian Napoleonic German Fusilier
American Napoleonic Regular

First Row: HMS Queen Elizabeth; HMS Monmouth; HMS Warrior;
Second Row: 12 Pounder Armstrong; QF 25 Pounder; Redone Rifleman; Sherman Firefly
Third Row: Matilda, South African Infantry, NZ Infantry

HMS Devastation

Coldstream Guard

French Napoleonic Fusilier

Austrian Napoleonic German Fusilier

American Napoleonic Regular

Download

Awesome. Some of these will be very useful for me. Especially the Matilda. Thanks.

Uh, nice set :clap:.
I like that redone rifleman, haven't seen one like that around here yet.

I cannot take credit for the texture; I did the base unit years ago, and then someone else came and gave it a nice skin. Here I just touched up the helmet and gave it a custom rifle, the Martini Henry.

Awesome. Some of these will be very useful for me. Especially the Matilda. Thanks.

I am glad they will be of use.

I should note a couple things.
Firstly, the Monmouth is an Armoured Cruiser from just before the Great War; the Devastation was the first battleship not to be powered by sail (an ironclad); and that I cannot take credit for the main model of the Sherman, I don't know who did it (Smitty maybe?) but I just changed the gun, added the balance on the back and blackened the texture.

No doubt I should have included these with the first set, however they were only almost finished earlier.
Anyways, to go with the others, Prussian and Russian Napoleonic Infantry.

Download

Prussian Musketeer

Russian Musketeer

Those are some nice looking units, good job!:goodjob:

I am glad they seem to be of use.

I intend to do a number other units from the Napoleonic Era (Guard/Grenadier, Heavy Cavalry, Light Cavalry, maybe Light Infantry and artillery), as well as some mid to late era units as well, a rifled musket, a breechloading rifle, and so on.
At the moment, however, I am on a quasi-vacation away from home, but I am hoping I can find a way to continue work as I have found out again simply how fun it is to create unit art, especially with all the Blender/Nifskope advances.

Awsome! Great work with units :) I'm glad that you still work on new units :)

Hi,

I've been doing a little reskinning job with your french fusilier. Unfortunately, I can't give them team color. Can you explain to me how I can do it? So far all my attempts made the game crash.

I couldn't really say, team colour was nothing I really looked into not making a lot of 'generic' units, though I know there are tutorials on it on the forums somewhere. I can't say specifically, I haven't been around much in a while, but I am sure someone will be around presently with directions.

Ok! I'll keep on looking. I've tried some tutorials but without any results.

In any case, I'll make my unit blue. I just like to add teamcolor to make the units more versatile.

I'm still on a work in progress, but here's what it looks like so far:

Really nice units. Reminds me of te Napoleonic mod I always wanted to make but never ot to.

My 2 letters after f arent workin rite.

There will be more coming when I can get back to my PC so I can test them out in game (or get a friend to do it for me.)
So far I have tenatively completed work on a British Regular Line Infantry, a Dragoon Guard, and I have been working on a French curaisser. Now, I know there is some of the latter already done, but none, that I have seen, that use a sword animation, and I found an excellent set to use.

Filefront reports missing file...

It seems to be working for me. I don't have much experience with Filefront but due to the trouble I have with CFC I wasn't able to upload it directly to the site before, though I will try again when what I am working on now is reay.

thanks for the units

is the redcoat animation the correct one for the fusilers?

Yes, the redcoat animation is used for all the Napoleonic infantry here.

Nice Firefly. I can really imagine the extra damage the barrel does.

Top Bottom