[NOT IN DEVELOPMENT] DOC Community Mod Compilation

Clearly ImI just dumb then LOL. Weird, thought it seemed like theres too many soon. I'll keep playing through everyone!
Actually, apparently I intended to undo the halved unit costs but never got around to it. Oops. Update out to fix it!

Whenever I discover calendar I encounter that weird graphical bug I described before. All the info at the very top left and right of the screen disappears (gold, turns played, etc.), and "classical era" flashes over and over. If I try to access the save menu I get a ctd! Goes away when I end the turn but comes back when i start the next turn. Tested it by giving myself calendar with worldbuilder.

Attachments

• Ramesses II Iron Age Turn 318.CivBeyondSwordSave
    358.2 KB · Views: 96
Whenever I discover calendar I encounter that weird graphical bug I described before. All the info at the very top left and right of the screen disappears (gold, turns played, etc.), and "classical era" flashes over and over. If I try to access the save menu I get a ctd! Goes away when I end the turn but comes back when i start the next turn. Tested it by giving myself calendar with worldbuilder.
Strange, I'll test it in the morning, I'm really tired rn.

Between my completed Egypt game (which went very well) and my current China game (I'm around 100 AD), the Hittites like, never ever collapse, and no one conquers them.

Plague is showing up as intended sometimes though :)

Between my completed Egypt game (which went very well) and my current China game (I'm around 100 AD), the Hittites like, never ever collapse, and no one conquers them.

Plague is showing up as intended sometimes though :)
I'll add Barbarian hordes in 1300 BC then. I kind of skimped on the whole Bronze Age collapse thing in favor of getting the new version out quickly. How often would you say this plague occurs?

By the way, how does Halicarnassus and Troy go? I'd assume Hali would stay Greek and Troy would stay Hittite? I'd prefer Troy to be taken, but we are talking about the AI here.

Also, does Greece still settle Constantinople?

Last edited:
I'll add Barbarian hordes in 1300 BC then. I kind of skimped on the whole Bronze Age collapse thing in favor of getting the new version out quickly. How often would you say this plague occurs?

By the way, how does Halicarnassus and Troy go? I'd assume Hali would stay Greek and Troy would stay Hittite? I'd prefer Troy to be taken, but we are talking about the AI here.

Also, does Greece still settle Constantinople?
Hali stays Greek, Troy stays Hittite, and the Hittites usually settle Carchimesh instead of Greek Byzantium. Plague happened in the Egypt game soo 1 out of the 1 times I could have seen it :p

Hali stays Greek, Troy stays Hittite, and the Hittites usually settle Carchimesh instead of Greek Byzantium. Plague happened in the Egypt game soo 1 out of the 1 times I could have seen it :p
Good to know.

I've drafted a quick idea for the BAC, but while the Immortals, Axeman, and Numidians spawn, the Gallic Warriors and Hulugannis don't.
Code:
    # 1SDAN: Bronze Age Collapse
        if utils.isYearIn(-1500, -1200):
            self.checkSpawn(iBarbarian, iNumidianCavalry, 2, (64, 30), (66, 32), self.spawnInvaders, iGameTurn, 2, 0, [])
            self.checkSpawn(iBarbarian, iImmortal, 2, (82, 37), (84, 39), self.spawnInvaders, iGameTurn, 2, 0, [])
            self.checkSpawn(iBarbarian, iAxeman, 2, (74, 35), (76, 37), self.spawnInvaders, iGameTurn, 2, 0, [])
            self.checkSpawn(iBarbarian, iHuluganni, 2, (75, 48), (77, 50), self.spawnInvaders, iGameTurn, 2, 0, [])
            self.checkSpawn(iBarbarian, iGallicWarrior, 2, (63, 46), (65, 48), self.spawnInvaders, iGameTurn, 2, 0, [])

I've also noticed Rome tends to be a bit underpowered now, you might want to revert the strength of Legions back to 8. They struggle to take Greece (Persia often owns it), and basically only ever rule Western Rome.

I've also noticed Rome tends to be a bit underpowered now, you might want to revert the strength of Legions back to 8. They struggle to take Greece (Persia often owns it), and basically only ever rule Western Rome.
Good point, will do once I figure out why these DOG NOG units ARE NOT SPANNIG!

Finished up my China game: went really well! I noticed then whenever a civ spawns with a city adjacent to their spwan they often end up with two cities right next to each other, it happened to Cordoba and Turkey.

Also, AIs have trouble conquering what they would usually settle; France and India both never unified.

Finished up my China game: went really well! I noticed then whenever a civ spawns with a city adjacent to their spwan they often end up with two cities right next to each other, it happened to Cordoba and Turkey.

Also, AIs have trouble conquering what they would usually settle; France and India both never unified.
I thought I fixed the 2 city thing!* Sigh* save please?

The second thing is pretty usual for AI combat, but I'll look into it.

The last few days I've been feeling slightly burnt out from working on this mod, I've been working here and there but not nearly as much as I did a few weeks ago. I've paced myself today and feel a lot better now.

How could Hitties control 20 trade routes before turn 82? It needs 10 cities with UB, could it be possible?
I was thinking of a combination of UBs and conquered cities, though when I made that UP I was assuming Merchant Trade for some stupid reason. The new update should make it slightly more possible. Speaking of which:

NEW UPDATE

New Hittite UP: Power of Precious Metals: +1 Trade Route and +100% Trade Route Yield in Core Cities.

Decided against implementing the Bronze Age collapse, it takes place over far too few turns. And no, this has nothing to do with my trouble with Hulugannis and Gallic units not spawning, I figured it out and the results I got with them implemented convinced me it's not worth it. For future reference, SpawnInvaders only spawns units adjacent to city borders. I also think I left a function in there as a fragmented leftover from testing, oops.

Having trouble figuring out how to handle city renames.

The Hittites won't ahistorically settle Constantinople any more, I've made their SettlerMaps and WarMaps better represent Turkey less and themselves more

Legions have 8 Str again

Assyria also spawns with 1 less Spearman because AI Assyria keeps conquering Akkadia.

Very excited to try it! Hopefully the Hittites dont last to 1100 AD like my last game. I'll send that save soon BTW

Last edited:
Here's one with the double Moorish cities, had to go back and play a bit. Sadly I intervened in worldbuilder and didnt leave them be in the actual full game because it bugged me

Attachments

• Tang Taizong AD-0770 Turn 237.CivBeyondSwordSave
    727.1 KB · Views: 54
Top Bottom