[NOT IN DEVELOPMENT] DOC Community Mod Compilation

I dont know if you are already informed, but just in case (a too long thread to check it). I have been trying to play at marathon speed and it seems that it does not work as on original DoC. I tried to begin 300 AD scenario and I have appeared on year ~ 2500 BC (as if the game had really started in 4000 BC). Either way, all technologies are discovered in a turn. It's a shame because I wanted to test your work and it does not seem so realistic/fun to me to play at normal speed anymore. A greeting.

Yeah Marathon is really broken. You're stuck with normal.

I've been playing as Egypt and I'd say a major issue rn is that independents just have way, way too many units. I would say this is a combination of the higher production rate you've implemented, and the much higher number of independent cities in bronze age allowing them to field up to 8 archers in a single city!

I dont know if you are already informed, but just in case (a too long thread to check it). I have been trying to play at marathon speed and it seems that it does not work as on original DoC. I tried to begin 300 AD scenario and I have appeared on year ~ 2500 BC (as if the game had really started in 4000 BC). Either way, all technologies are discovered in a turn. It's a shame because I wanted to test your work and it does not seem so realistic/fun to me to play at normal speed anymore. A greeting.
I believe it's been fixed in the latests Bits of Tales, which I'm currently in the process of merging. If it's not fixed after the next update I put out, I'll look into this issue.

Yeah Marathon is really broken. You're stuck with normal.

I've been playing as Egypt and I'd say a major issue rn is that independents just have way, way too many units. I would say this is a combination of the higher production rate you've implemented, and the much higher number of independent cities in bronze age allowing them to field up to 8 archers in a single city!
Higher? I thought raising that number made the rates lower,,,

I don't play your modmodmod...mod? Well, three or four. :p - But, I have two comments.

One, is that the Hittite unique power is a negative one. Ideally, you would never ever make use of it. That is bad game design, in my opinion.
Two, I would appreciate a screenshot of each of your civilisations, to see the colours, the core cities, the unique unit... It adds a bit of flavour and niceness to your thread. :)

I don't play your modmodmod...mod? Well, three or four. :p - But, I have two comments.

One, is that the Hittite unique power is a negative one. Ideally, you would never ever make use of it. That is bad game design, in my opinion.
Two, I would appreciate a screenshot of each of your civilisations, to see the colours, the core cities, the unique unit... It adds a bit of flavour and niceness to your thread. :)
Good point on point 1, I was thinking of a The Power of Tin UP that'd give Core Cities +1 Trade Route and +100% Trade Route Income.
As for number two, I really need to do that sometime, though I really don't want to. (Not sure if I'd die to find out)

New Update!

Merged latests Bits of Tales version
Merged the latests of all of Merijn's included mods

Next version will include a new Hittite UP, the Phillipines, and maybe more than that.

Failed to read worldbuilder file "mods/doc community mod compilation/privatemaps/rfc 300 ad.civbeyondswordwbsave"

Failed to read worldbuilder file "mods/doc community mod compilation/privatemaps/rfc 300 ad.civbeyondswordwbsave"
Do you have Notepad++? If so, could you click edit, then EOL conversion, and then select windows and try to open it again? Github has a habit of messing with the line endings of that file.

added Uranium to Anatolia reverted Bits of Tales Constantinople terrain change (Shouldn't have issues but if there is please alert me)

It prevented Ankuwash from autofounding.

Hey! Just wanted to tell ya I plan on testing every civ's UHV and seeing how they go. Got Egypt and Harappa done so far, both went great! I honestly think you should undo your faster unit production update (that's a thing that happened, right?), as it makes it difficult for spawning civs (who still have small stacks) to easily conquer the amount of cities they need to, as most will have way, WAY too many defenses.

Also (sorry to double post), I still think Judaism shouldn't spread until it has been properly founded with a Holy City, because the entire classical world keeps ending up following Judaism despite there being no holy city.

Hey! Just wanted to tell ya I plan on testing every civ's UHV and seeing how they go. Got Egypt and Harappa done so far, both went great! I honestly think you should undo your faster unit production update (that's a thing that happened, right?), as it makes it difficult for spawning civs (who still have small stacks) to easily conquer the amount of cities they need to, as most will have way, WAY too many defenses.
I already undid it.

Clearly ImI just dumb then LOL. Weird, thought it seemed like theres too many soon. I'll keep playing through everyone!
I tried increasing the cost of independent units previously, though I'm unsure of whether or not it's actually increased the cost at all.

Top Bottom