VIDEO TITLE: "Why I'm Voting REPUBLICAN"

JohnRM

Don't make me destroy you
A particular member of our forum, here, has a link...and well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQJ...com/storyonly/2008/6/12/1035/92599/511/534449

...there it is.

All I have to say is, the Democrats have held a majority in both the House and Senate for 1.5 years. What is the FREAKIN' hold up? They haven't sent one damn bill to the President to take care of any of these issues. Apparently voting Democrat isn't going to take care of these problems either.

What have the Democrats done?

Scene 1: Small business, importing of Chinese goods, etc.

We all know how the economy has been suffering. I am not going to bother gathering up the same facts and charts that have been circulating repeatedly, just about every week. The economy in general has only gotten weaker since 2006.

At the end of 2006, the average price of a gallon of gasoline was $2.20. After one and one-half years of Democratic rule in the Congress, $4.10 per gallon.

At the end of 2006, oil was hovering around $60 per barrel. After 1.5 years of Democratic rule in Congress. $147 per barrel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_price_increases_of_2004-2006

What have the Democrats done about energy prices? Nothing.

What about the trade deficit with China that this video blames Republicans for? Well, the trade deficit in December of '06 was $18.9 Billion. As of May of '08, it was $21.049 Billion.
http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html#2008

What have the Democrats done about the trade deficit with China? Nothing.

And what is the truth about those people in the video? They're telling the truth. They DON'T like shopping at small neighborhood stores. They DO like cheap crap from China. Otherwise, those small neighborhood stores would thrive and Wal-Mart wouldn't exist. This situation is the way it is, because this is what the American people want. They need to change their spending habits, not bark at the Republican Party, cause Republicans certainly haven't forced anyone to shop at Wal-Mart.

Scene 2a: "I don't want a cure for AIDS or breast cancer."

Setting aside, for one moment, the $15 Billion dollars that President Bush allocated to fight AIDs, particularly in Africa, what meaningful legislation has been passed by the Democrats in their 1.5 years in office, concerning AIDS or Breast Cancer?

"They're just gays and women"

Yeah and we all know Republicans don't care about gays or women, cause all Republicans are straight men.

What have the Democrats done about AIDS and Breast Cancer? Nothing.

Scene 2b: Pharmaceutical Drugs

The law requires a physician to tell you whether a drug has been proven or not. If you choose to take the risk or simply take no active interest in how you're being treated, you are the only one to blame.

Scene 3b: Over-crowding in the classroom

Education is an issue for the State Government. Major cities are the most vulnerable to over-crowding in the classroom. However, almost across the board, major cities are dominated by Democratic legislatures. They've had decades to fix these problems and today, 1.5 years into a Democratic-dominated Congress, the problem still exists.

What have the Democrats done about over-crowding in the classroom? Nothing.

Scene 4: Abortion

The Republicans dominated Congress for years in the mid-late 1990's. They dominated both Congress and the White House for years in the mid-2000's. Abortion is still legal. What have Republicans done about abortion? Made it illegal to murder the baby half-way through birth (partial-birth abortions).

What have Democrats done about abortion rights? A decent number of Democrats voted to ban partial-birth abortions.

Scene 5: Fossil Fuels and Wildlife Preservation

Can anyone cite any meaningful legislation that has recently been passed that does anything at all to preserve wilderness areas, wildlife, or led to any meaningful reduction in the use of fossil fuels?

US imports of crude oil has declined ever so slightly since 2005, from 10.126 million barrels per day to 10.017, but that has everything to do with the declining economy rather than anything Democrats have done to curb its use.

Total consumption has dropped from 20.802 million barrels per day (2005) to 20.687 million barrels per day (2006). For 2007, that number grew to 20.698 million barrels, despite the weakening economy. The increase in negligible.

Total consumption of natural gas and other LRGs has risen about 2.5 percent, after having declined between 2005 and 2006, and despite a weakening economy.
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pet_cons_psup_dc_nus_mbblpd_a.htm

Total consumption of coal has risen about 1.5 percent since 2006, after having declined 1.2 percent between 2005 and 2006, and despite a weakening economy.
http://www.eia.doe.gov/cneaf/coal/page/special/feature.html

What have Democrats done about reducing use of fossil fuels? Nothing.

Scene 6: "Separate, but equal."

Who is the last Republican to advocate segregation?

What have Democrats done about segregation? Nothing, cause it doesn't exist and no one is pushing for it.

Scene 7: Gay marriage, who people can love.

The Democrats dominate the House and the Senate. Why haven't they passed legislation legalizing gay marriage nationwide? Democrats dominate the state legislatures of at least 15 states, yet only two states, California and Massachusetts allow same-sex marriages.

What have the Democrats done about gay-marriage? Very little, but at least they're far ahead of Republicans on this one.

Scene 8: Corporations and the EPA

Corporations can still save money by dumping illegally and taking on the maximum fine, if they get caught. None of that has changed since Democrats took control of Congress 1.5 years ago. I'm waiting.......! Honestly, I am.

What have the Democrats done about the EPA? Nothing.

Scene 9: Food, genetic modification, radiation, etc

1.5 years after the Democrats took over Congress, I still have yet to see any changes to food labels notifying me of the status with regard to these aforementioned issues.

What have the Democrats done about food? Nothing.

Scene 10: "Being screwed by the utility company"

The Democratic-dominated Congress hasn't done anything to cap prices, increase energy supply, or anything like that. In fact, they've only smothered any attempt to increase energy supply in order to stabilize prices.

Democrats in the Pennsylvania State Legislature haven't said one word about the expiration of price caps for utility companies come January. Democrats dominate the Pa. House and Republicans dominate the Pa. Senate.

What have the Democrats done about the people getting screwed by utility companies? Nothing, but at least a dozen of them found the time to use taxpayer money to pay themselves for campaigning against Ralph Nader in the election of '04.
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5je0uYxB-f7L4BN4G1Czh_N4O8j3QD91R9T9O0

Scene 11: "We need more minorities in prison."

More than 6 in 10 persons in local jails in 2002 were racial or ethnic minorities, unchanged from 1996.
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/crimoff.htm#inmates

In 2003, still about 60 percent.
http://crime.about.com/od/prison/a/bjs040720.htm

In 2006, STILL about 60 percent.
http://www.faithfullyliberal.com/?p=747

What did Democrats do between 1996 and 2002 to free minorities from prison? Nothing.

What percentage increase did Republicans preside over? Zero!

What has the "black community" done to decrease criminal activity among its own members? Blames white people and Republicans! Good game, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton!

Scene 12: Hybrid Cars

Hybrid Car Sales in 2000: 9,500
Hybrid Car Sales in 2004: 100,000
http://www.iags.org/n011504t1.htm

Hybrid Car Sales in 2006: 252,636
http://www.hybridcars.com/market-dashboard/dec06-overview.html

How dare those bastard Republicans preside over a 2,656% increase in hybrid car sales over seven years!

The US is the leading market for hybrids. The next closest market? Japan, with 45,920. After that? The UK with 7,722. God, I hate those hybrid suppressing Republicans!!!

What have Democrats done about hybrid cars? Presided over a modest 3,000 car increase over 2007.

Scene 13: "I don't deserve health insurance."

The Democrats have dominated Congress for 1.5 years. What meaningful legislation have they sent to President Bush to combat the rising number of uninsured Americans?

What have Democrats done about health insurance? Nothing.

Scene 14: "Because Texas needs more billionaires"

There were 24 billionaires (of 427) whose state of residence was listed as Texas, in Forbes. By comparison, California is home to 47 billionaires, and New York State is home to 30 of them.

Scene 15: "Because the Constitution is a headache"

Who was the single, solitary U.S. Senator to vote against the PATRIOT Act? Democratic Senator Russ Feingold. The rest of the Democrats in the Senate? Voted for the PATRIOT Act, without any debate, most without having read the document, including current Senate leader Harry Reid (D-NV).

How many Democrats voted for the Act in the House? 145, including Nancy Pelosi, current Speaker of the House.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=107&session=1&vote=00313
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2001/roll398.xml

Nevermind repeated attempts to deny Americans their second amendment rights.

What have Democrats done to protect the Constitution? Voted for the PATRIOT Act and repeatedly for Gun Control measures to deny Americans the right to bear arms.

Scene 16: "I think the whole world should be run by one corporation."

What have Democrats done to stop huge mergers? Nothing. 1.5 years, since 2006, and nothing. Well, not quite. Huge mergers are increasing rapidly.

Scene 17-19: "Cause all other countries are inferior to us."
"So I can stay in Iraq", "So I can go to Iran."

What have Democrats done to get our troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan? Out of Korea? Europe? Anywhere? Weren't they elected to do just that?

How many House Democrats voted for the war? 81 of 208.

How many Senate Democrats voted for the war? 29 of 50, including Hillary Rodham Clinton, former Presidential Candidate, and Harry Reid, current Senate Majority Leader.

What have Democrats done to stop the war? Nothing, but many of them did vote FOR war.

They're 1.5 years into it, with just a few months until the next election. They'd better get crackin'.

I am certainly not defending Republicans. They're just as bad, but to think that Democrats have any real intention of solving any of these problems is just ludicrous. They've had well over a year to do anything meaningful to solve even just one of these problems and they haven't done squat.

Who still wants to vote Democrat?

Blaming the lack of outcomes based on one and a half years of control is just stupid. Don't blame the Democrats for not passing bills to address these problems. Simply, blame George W. Bush for vetoing them and the Republicans who side with him to prevent a veto override.

Blaming the lack of outcomes based on one and a half years of control is just stupid. Don't blame the Democrats for not passing bills to address these problems. Simply, blame George W. Bush for vetoing them and the Republicans who side with him to prevent a veto override.

Please, list all of the bills addressing these problems that Bush vetoed.

First of all, you cant expect instant gratification. Just because a party is in a majority even by a slight hair. There are other factors to contend with. Take the senate, almost both side have equal leverage with a slight advantage to the Democrats (Yeah, we have to tolerate Joe Lieberman's pro-war stance and rubbing elbows with the Republicans :rolleyes: ). You also have to remember that we have a REPUBLICAN president who would veto any such bills that would come across his desk. Having a slight majority does not ensure that a bill would become veto-proof. You asked what's the freeking hold up, I'm simply telling you why.

I'm still voting Democrat because I dont wish to see another 8 years of putting this nation into the gudder. Also, I don't agree with many of the anti-Working class stances the Republican Party has (Even McCain's suggesting to tax me on what my employer pays into in employee medical insurance sends a chill up my spine.).

Both parties are useless. Both parties are chock full of excuses why they cant get anything done, and it usually involves blaming the other party. Pathetic.

Both parties are useless. Both parties are chock full of excuses why they cant get anything done, and it usually involves blaming the other party. Pathetic.
Then why are you voting Republican instead of voting for a third party?

Nice OP John...one of quality.

It appears the Obama supporters seek change in their primary selection of Obama. If so, then I would like to know if they seek real change (which would mean voting these Democratic congressmen out) or just more blah.

Not to mention that youtube video is ridiculously stupid.

~Chris

If so, then I would like to know if they seek real change (which would mean voting these Democratic congressmen out) or just more blah.
I'd rather see these older Democratic congressmen voted out and replaced with newer Democratic congressmen. What I don't want to see is Democratic congressmen voted out and replaced with Republican congressmen.

I agree. the winner takes all system never encouraged compromise anyway, and compromises are the building blocks of a nation.

CG--So you think it is all about age?
When I am referring newer and older congressmen, I am referring to how long they have been a representative/senator. Not age.

Is Kennedy's seat up for grabs or what.

I can't wait till more of that scumbag family is out of government.

You know, while this does bring up some important issues and make a good case about why we should all be very disappointed with the Democratic party...

The topic is "Why I'm voting Republican" and the only answer I've been able to figure is 'Because I'm mad at Democrats'.

Quite honestly, if these are the issues you're concerned with, I have a hard time seeing how they'll be better addressed by the Republican party.

I'd rather see these older Democratic congressmen voted out and replaced with newer Democratic congressmen. What I don't want to see is Democratic congressmen voted out and replaced with Republican congressmen.

And that's exactly why you voted for Quis- Lieberman.

And that's exactly why you voted for Quis- Lieberman.
Uhh wrong Kraz. Lieberman was not a Democrat when he ran in 2006. Incase you forgotten (or don't care about the 2006 senatorial primaries in CT) First, Lieberman LOST his party's nomination for senator to Ned Lamont. Second, Lieberman ran as an Independent. He may caucus with the Democrats, but he is still an Independent and not a Democrat.

I only voted for him because he fought to save the Sub Base in the region I live in. Would I vote for Lieberman now? More than likely not since I am more teed off when he started rubbing elbows with the Republicans and supporting McCain.

Uhh wrong Kraz. Lieberman was not a Democrat when he ran in 2006. Incase you forgotten (or don't care about the 2006 senatorial primaries in CT) First, Lieberman LOST his party's nomination for senator to Ned Lamont. Second, Lieberman ran as an Independent. He may caucus with the Democrats, but he is still an Independent and not a Democrat.

Yeah so basically, you voted to replace a Democratic seat with what will be a Republican one in 2009.

Yeah so basically, you voted to replace a Democratic seat with what will be a Republican one in 2009.

So? If he goes up for reelection, am I going to vote for him? I don't think so. Sorry to tell you, I did not voted to replace a Democratic seat with a Republican one. And lets put a stop placing the argument on the person before both of us get into trouble.

If he changes his party stance, he'd only piss off more Connecticut voters and make them more inclined not to vote for him.

Top Bottom