Vietnam (Modular)

The actual MODELS... I don't see them in there... you know... the NIF and DDS files... :rolleyes:

You are referencing things in your modular XML that are not physically included with the mod that we download. :deal:

I'm sure you have the files on your hard-drive... but the rest of us may not have the same files!

Nope, they are listed in my Beyond the Sword/Assets/XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.:rolleyes:

<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_WAR_ELEPHANT_ASIAN</Type>

You should resize the star on the flag so it doesn't look stretched out...better yet...you should take the original U.S star flag in civ IV and just recolor that...

Nope, they are listed in my Beyond the Sword/Assets/XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.:rolleyes:

<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_WAR_ELEPHANT_ASIAN</Type>
Well then that must be a 3.17 thing then! :rolleyes:

I swear it wasn't in v3.13... I just didn't catch the fact they slipped it into v3.17! :mischief:

A couple of Vietnamese MiG-21 skins have surfaced in the Units forum... might want to add them to the mod... I did in mine.

Just a quick question here:

How to install this new Vietnam civilization into the BTS. I have download and unzip to the mods folder. E.G C:\Games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Vietnam

I run the BTS, go to advance and load the mod Vietnam

Then it's restart, but I go in again when go to the select civilization section, there is no Vietnam there. Any idea?

Just a quick question here:

How to install this new Vietnam civilization into the BTS. I have download and unzip to the mods folder. E.G C:\Games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Vietnam

I run the BTS, go to advance and load the mod Vietnam

Then it's restart, but I go in again when go to the select civilization section, there is no Vietnam there. Any idea?

Close:

Must be: "Your mod name" in same folder as Afterworld and Broken Star area/Assets/Modules/Custom Civilizations/VietNam (or any other modular civ here).

Its also explained in my Vampire civ (see signature for Production) at post # 10.

I'm running this mod, I set it up using your copy civ download that you made for another poster. This Vietnam custom civ is the only Civ in the custom civilations folder. Located in this path:

H:\Games\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Copy Civ\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations.

I'm running vista 64 and have 8 gigs ram and some other crap.. but the game tells me my system specs are too low... not sure what the deal is there. But, I didn't start getting that message until I installed the 3.17 patch. Anyhow, on to my main problem.

When I click on a musketman to build it, the game crashes. Here are two screenshots:

and

Obviously there's a fault with the assigned button code in the XML. Look for the Civ4ArtDefines_Unit.xml in the mod, find the "Unit_Musketman" line and change the "Button" line to this:

Code:
			<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Musketman.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Unit_Resource_Atlas.dds,6,1</Button>

Should fix the problem.

It used to say:

Code:
<Button>Modules/Custom Civilizations/Vietnam/Flavor/musketman_america/Continental_Regular.dds</Button>

I changed it to what you suggested and it worked. Thanks a lot!

No problem... always glad to help.

Thx Wolf, i have noticed the same thing with my Asia Civ also.
Anytime you get a pink button, it's as simple as the wrong button path being called-for in the unit art XML file. Not knowing what buttons were in the module off the top of my head, I just told him to use the default Musketman button path.

Dang it, Strategyonly, could you update the files please. I just spent 2 hours looking for what was wrong with the unit by going through all of the xml files. I eventually found it, but was irritated when I saw the fix listed here after all of my searching.

And is this ok?

Code:
	<NIF>Modules/Custom Civilizations/Vietnam/Flavor/musketman/asian_musketman.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/Musketman/Musketman.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF>Modules/Custom Civilizations/Vietnam/Flavor/musketman/asian_musketman.nif</SHADERNIF>

It seems to be referencing two art files that don't exist in the vietnam/flavor/musketman/ path.

Dang it, Strategyonly, could you update the files please. I just spent 2 hours looking for what was wrong with the unit by going through all of the xml files. I eventually found it, but was irritated when I saw the fix listed here after all of my searching.

Dang i made the change and forgot to DL, sorry.:blush: Thx for reminding me.
Its up now.

All was need was this:
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Musketman.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Unit_Resource_Atlas.dds,6,1</Button>

Dang i made the change and forgot to DL, sorry.:blush: Thx for reminding me.
Its up now.

All was need was this:

:) Thanks. So the reference in the xml that I posted doesn't matter?

I have a suggstion for a veitnamese UB.

Communal Food Store (replaces granary)

as granary + increasing jungle food yeild to 3 (+2) and eliminates unhealthiness from jungle.

This would allow vietnam to quicky settle jungles and make it viable to keep jungles longer.

That's a great idea. I may edit the xml for that.

Top Bottom