Vietnam (Modular)

That's a great idea. I may edit the xml for that.

thanks lately i am full of good ideas..

btw i have 2 more good ideas for veitnamese UBs

Guerrila camp (need a better name)

- Replaces barracks and in addition to usual + 3 exp gives free woodsman 1 to melee, archers, gunpowder units.

Tunnel complex

- replaces bunker - in addtion to usual protection from air units - makes some units in city invisible OR gives a defensive bonus to city garrison.

The communal food store food bonus to jungle won't be as easy to implement as i thought though.. there doesn't seem to be an xml tag that allows for bonuses to be applied to terrain features other than rivers and ocean. :(

Coming from Vietnam myself, I really enjoy seeing this as a civilization.:D Tho... no offence or anything, but the 2nd Ho Chi Minh kinda looks like a plastic doll from the screeshot.:p I haven't actually played, since I'm too busy and lazy. But still, I'll give you a 9/10!:lol:

I wonder if any Vietnamese people who cruise on by here could translate this so we could make select/order sounds.

Order 000- "As you wish."
Order 001- "Move out!"
Order 002- "Certainly."
Order 003- "We're on it."
Order 004- "No Problem."
Order 005- "Consider it Done"
Order 006- "Very Well."
Order 007- "On our way!"
Order 008- "Get moving!"
Order 009- "You can count on us."

Select 000- "Reporting for duty."
Select 001- "At your service."
Select 002- "Tell me what to do."
Select 003- "Awaiting your orders."
Select 004- "Ready for action!"
Select 005- "What's the plan?"
Select 006- "Yes?"
Select 007- "Your orders?"
Select 008- "What do you need?"
Select 009- "All present and accounted for."

I'm not really good with those kind of "commands"... I'm better with everyday talk :D Tho... you could ask my brother... cybrxkhan... But I'm better in Vietnamese than him... But I mean you could always ask him... But don't tell him I told u I'm his younger brother or he'll kill me :lol:

Where can I find the infantry you used?

EDIT: NM, I thought that was a different unit than the VietCong, its the same one right? (you just didn't update the image)

I wonder if any Vietnamese people who cruise on by here could translate this so we could make select/order sounds.

Order 000- "As you wish."
Order 001- "Move out!"
Order 002- "Certainly."
Order 003- "We're on it."
Order 004- "No Problem."
Order 005- "Consider it Done"
Order 006- "Very Well."
Order 007- "On our way!"
Order 008- "Get moving!"
Order 009- "You can count on us."

Select 000- "Reporting for duty."
Select 001- "At your service."
Select 002- "Tell me what to do."
Select 003- "Awaiting your orders."
Select 004- "Ready for action!"
Select 005- "What's the plan?"
Select 006- "Yes?"
Select 007- "Your orders?"
Select 008- "What do you need?"
Select 009- "All present and accounted for."

I might be albe to help if you want. Email me and we'll discuss what needs to be done.

I've been playing this mod and hating our UB. +5% production to our market is nice... but not great. I think this is one of the weakest UB. Although I like the idea of the open market, I just think 5% is too little... maybe 10%? somehow I feel that may be too strong too... so Im not sure what to do but I do feel the 5% production is just too miniscule to make any difference. Maybe a woodsman bonus to our units from a the barracks or even 35% gold from the market as oppose to 25%... something like that.

Are you going to make a Modular France?

I've been playing this mod and hating our UB. +5% production to our market is nice... but not great. I think this is one of the weakest UB. Although I like the idea of the open market, I just think 5% is too little... maybe 10%? somehow I feel that may be too strong too... so Im not sure what to do but I do feel the 5% production is just too miniscule to make any difference. Maybe a woodsman bonus to our units from a the barracks or even 35% gold from the market as oppose to 25%... something like that.

I 100% agree, the UB is way too weak. 10% seems about right, but I like the idea of adding woodsman upgrade to one of the buildings even better. It really fits the theme of Vietnam well. And the Dun UB gives hills upgrade already, which is the same level as woods, so it's not overpowered. Maybe then change the Viet Cong to be lvl 2 woodsman upgrade to compensate.

new kfm to replace that in previous post...hope you like it

hmm, possibly i should have taken some screenshots for you

apologies

*oh god i didn't zip it ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

new kfm to replace that in previous post...hope you like it

hmm, possibly i should have taken some screenshots for you

apologies

*oh god i didn't zip it ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can you upload the whole mod, i think its on my other PC thx.

Can someone re-up the file, please. Link is dead, i really want to play (sorry about my English)

Can someone re-up the file, please. Link is dead, i really want to play (sorry about my English)

I don't think this exists anywhere. I have not been able to find it either.

If you want to play Vietnam, you would either need to download cybrxkhan's or Farsight's civ, or play Civ Gold. Look in the stickied thread "New Civ Thread: list of new civ modpacks."

Alternatively, you could help me out playtesting my version of Better BUG AI:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/better-bug-ai-vk.652298/

Vietnam is included, but the mod is not playtested, yet. There may be unknown bugs. If you help me playtest, be aware that it may take a very long time to load the mod. Depending on your computer. Expect 4-8 minutes first time. Maybe longer...

might have to build your own. it's boring xml stuff ... i still have a uu a made for the civ somewhere if you need it

Top Bottom