Vietnam (Modular)

strategyonly

C2C Supreme Commander
Effective 12 Jul, added Bernie14 MachineGun and added a few ArtStyle Units, Plus changed the Flag to the Yellow One Star, with Red background. Plus changed the UU to MG style uniform like Wolfshanze suggested.

This was requested.

Added some flavor units to enhance it more, but this is only a first start, need ideas for adding units, replacing units and deleting units, so suggestions please.

The Vietnamese civilization has existed for thousands of years. Vietnamese legends hold that native people populated and civilized the land more than 4,000 years ago.

Added Cavalry, Knight, a diferent Infantryman, pikeman, dragon galley, horsearcher, musketman, rifleman and axeman.

Download here: http://files.filefront.com/Vietnamrar/;12588124;/fileinfo.html

Leaders are here: Gialong, Le Loi, Minh, and Trung added Minh2 (hope you dont mind the 2 behind the name) suggested by Wolfshanze

Gia Long, First Emperor of Vietnam, 1762 - February 3rd, 1820
Le Loi, Emperor of Vietnam 1384 - 1443 AD
Ho Chi Minh, Chairman of the Communist Party of Vietnam 1890 - 1969
Trung Trac, Queen of Vietnam Lived: c.12 - 43

credits:
Spoiler :
new LH of Minh2 by Refar, Ekmek, Kao'chai, Civ4 Gold Team for original modular, Amra ,and
Zerver /bernie14 / danrell / and maybe these: AlazkanAssassin/GarretSidzaka/Andrew_JayQuueg/meatwad4289
/Kael and FfH2 Team/CivGoldTeam/Duel/Chugginator/civmansam/
Supa/ArneoKerdarun/Zuul/MeteorPunch/Rabbit,White/Chalid/bmarnz/
Aranor/Wyz_sub10/snafusmith/C.Roland/woodelf/GarretSidzaka/
Robo Magic Man/TheBladeRoden/krowtrobot/seZereth/PSYX/
J_Period/Ploeperpengel/Chamaedrys/nautil/Hadrean/sepamu92/sharick/
ggganz/Italicus/ArdRaeiss/Hell's Angel/McGlocklinMA/mirtan/
Cafegio/korvgubben/The Conquests/Chiyu/hrochland/Khai/
Swarog/Walter Hawkwood/Fëanor/Nickolai/Axel/Mozza/bmarnz/
Bakuel/Gedemon/Grave/Zebra 9/bhiita/GeneralMatt/Houman/
Edgecrusher/timboobaa/Polycrates/FuzzyWuzzyBunny/asioasioasio/
siam/jojoweb/lamppost4/Sevo/Quueg/meatwad4289/Dale/avain/
dutchking/Psychic_Llamas/frenchman/PW90/GigaNerd/Dr. Funkshadow/
GIR/esnaz/winddelay/Amra/esnaz/Roamty/Vehem/Sword_Of_Geddon/

Yay finally Vietnam! :D thanks strategyonly!!

Nice. I like Vietnam, so this'll be a good add-on. The unit skins are very, ve4ry good. Keep it up, strategyonly. Oh, by the way, is Germany anywhere on your agenda?

Thx guys, i always like it when people respond, so again thx.;)

Yes Germany is, i have been putting together one big Germany for the last six months now, but still trying to figure out how to do it to incorporate both regular and Nazis Germany in one civ? Cause there are sooo many units out there for Germany right now.:crazyeye:

That's not an easy task what you're trying to do with Germany. I ended up just creating a separate nazi civ with the their flag, using the same "Germany grey" along with the panzar & waffen SS. You're right, their are so many units for this one. Good luck with that.:)
Anyways, I am especially satisfied with the Vietcong units. They look great and it's nice to have a UU that replaces infantry. It's also cool to see a UU infantry starting with Woodsman II. It seems very accurate:goodjob:

Just to make things easier, you'd probibly be better off doing two seperate Germanys. A Nazi Germany and a Regular Germany. (I especially like the Rifleman with the Kaiser spiked hat ^.^)

That's not an easy task what you're trying to do with Germany. I ended up just creating a separate nazi civ with the their flag, using the same "Germany grey" along with the panzar & waffen SS. You're right, their are so many units for this one. Good luck with that.:)
Anyways, I am especially satisfied with the Vietcong units. They look great and it's nice to have a UU that replaces infantry. It's also cool to see a UU infantry starting with Woodsman II. It seems very accurate:goodjob:

Just to make things easier, you'd probibly be better off doing two seperate Germanys. A Nazi Germany and a Regular Germany. (I especially like the Rifleman with the Kaiser spiked hat ^.^)

Thx guys, really appreciate that, but i think your both right, i will have to do separate civs one for each, dreading that:crazyeye:!! But thats quite aways, away from now, i have alot more other civs that people have requested. And if anyone else wants something, just ask, ok.

Thx guys, really appreciate that, but i think your both right, i will have to do separate civs one for each, dreading that:crazyeye:!! But thats quite aways, away from now, i have alot more other civs that people have requested. And if anyone else wants something, just ask, ok.

Perhaps the Byzantine Empire...:)

Vietnam is great... I've actually been thinking about adding Vietnam (and you should really think about using that custom LH for Ho Chi Minh... it's very good).

On Germany... I don't see a need for two Germanys... outside the 12-year span of the Third Reich, what are you going to do for the other 5,988 years of gameplay covered by default for a seperate Nazi Germany? Why not just make ONE Germany with the roughly WWII-ish units (tanks, fighters, infantry and the like) representative of Nazi Germany, and everything else be non-Third Reich. If you're going to say the Third Reich isn't part of German history, then you need to make at least three separate Germany's, because if the Third Reich deserves a "Germany" all it's own, then Prussia does too!

Vietnam is great... I've actually been thinking about adding Vietnam (and you should really think about using that custom LH for Ho Chi Minh... it's very good).

On Germany... I don't see a need for two Germanys... outside the 12-year span of the Third Reich, what are you going to do for the other 5,988 years of gameplay covered by default for a seperate Nazi Germany? Why not just make ONE Germany with the roughly WWII-ish units (tanks, fighters, infantry and the like) representative of Nazi Germany, and everything else be non-Third Reich. If you're going to say the Third Reich isn't part of German history, then you need to make at least three separate Germany's, because if the Third Reich deserves a "Germany" all it's own, then Prussia does too!

Sounds good i will take a look at that LH, thx. (EDIT: got him in thx).

About Germany i was thinking exactly the same there, when i lived there it was great, infact i lived there for 9 years, one of the best times i have ever had, i was in Augsburg for their 2000 years Anniversary, WOW what a festival.
But i like Stuttgart the best.:p

Sounds good i will take a look at that LH, thx. (EDIT: got him in thx).

About Germany i was thinking exactly the same there, when i lived there it was great, infact i lived there for 9 years, one of the best times i have ever had, i was in Augsburg for their 2000 years Anniversary, WOW what a festival.
But i like Stuttgart the best.:p
No problem... you just saved me work when I add Vietnam.

On Germany... I lived there too... five years... I was in the Rheinland-Pfalz region near Trier on the Mosel River... beautiful country... was there during the Cold War and witnessed the fall of the Berlin Wall and reunification... historic moment... had some very good German friends... great people, great times... loved the Wittlich Pig Fest!

doesnt seem to work with the latest patch. But thx anyway. Good try

For the record, I just successfully added Vietnam to the Wolfshanze Mod (as-yet unreleased w/Vietnam)... though I integrated it into my mod, as opposed to using the modular format (mostly cut and past, and ignore the schema files).

I also filled-out the city list (you only had 26 Vietnamese cities... I bumped that number up to a more standard 40), am using Geo's SE Asia Ethnic Citystyles, and I'll be adding custom diplomacy music and a fuller flavor package...

Still... all my work started on this mod, so it does work!

Speaking of citysets though... I did notice this tag in the mod:

<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_VIETNAM</ArtStyleType>

Unless I'm mistaken, that's the tag for the citysets, and there isn't a Vietnam cityset in either default BtS or this mod (so far as I can tell... dunno... I switched this line for Geo's SE Asia cityset).

Top Bottom