VP Modpack: Magnus Mutatio

New version!

I've added "Diplomacy Extended" and some additional civs. (For a total of 10 new civs).

Brilliant! I came here for advice on fixing my own modpack. Will use yours instead for now :)

Brilliant! I came here for advice on fixing my own modpack. Will use yours instead for now :)

If the problem is "My modpack contains Promotion Flag EUI (v 1.1) but does not work", then the solution is "before creating the modpack, change every occurrence of the version number 1.1 into 1 in the mod files, especially in the .modinfo file", because the floating points version numbers pose problems.

++ Needs MC's Greek mod copied in again.

I'm trying to test for a bug I had in mine - where opening research trading (scientific method) broke the trade screen, but starting in the industrial era (edit on MM++) does some odd things. clearing cache and testing...

Yup - advanced start past ind era on MM++ breaks the city screen

Last edited:
++ Needs MC's Greek mod copied in again.

I'm trying to test for a bug I had in mine - where opening research trading (scientific method) broke the trade screen, but starting in the industrial era (edit on MM++) does some odd things. clearing cache and testing...

Yup - advanced start past ind era on MM++ breaks the city screen

First is corrected. (I feel stupid, because I did it on a first version, but then decided to add more civilisations and forgot to re-add it)
I don't know for the second one. Could it be that some of the interface mods don't support the absence of religions when you start at industrial era?

Could it be that some of the interface mods don't support the absence of religions when you start at industrial era?

Not sure - Work took over testing - It could be - it seemed to be broken with just VP & improved interface

Edit - Not your bug - advanced era starts broken in with just VP and Eui (no modpack) - So I will take to github.

Last edited:
The Unique City States mod must have some conflict with others in the modpack. Certain city states that gives bonus yields to luxury, strategic, and bonus resources (Buenos Aires, Mombasa, Ormus, Zanzibar) give way too much food, gold, and culture. Every time you ally with it, it gives a lot more than the +1 that the city state purports to give, and when you lose that alliance, the yield stays on your tiles. I also am getting experience every time I ally with a militaristic city state on all my units (22 XP twice). I contacted the mod author for that and he says there must be a conflict in the magnus-mutatio modpack that uses it. Could there be a version of the modpack without this mod? It is pretty game breaking since going for one of these city states pretty much seals your victory, even on deity.

I also have a separate issue, where the game crashes during a multiplayer session whenever you go to the advisor's menu (either by clicking on your own portrait or pressing the V key to bring the menu up). I am not sure what could be the cause of that. I also find myself crashing every other right before re-sync as the host. I am using the MPSaveFix, but my friends are not.

Is it possible it's not the Unique City States mod but the 3/4 UC mod that gives the excessive XP? I had stopped playing with UCS for awhile and could swear I had gotten the empire-wide promotion bug during my time away from it. Not a big LUA guy but have some SQL experience so will see if I can dive into some of the files and find anything before Magnus gets back from vaca

Mods_CP_2019-07-17_EUI:
Warning: not officially supported, so might have some issues.

• Community Patch only.
  • EUI

DLC Modpack Repository
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/dlc-modpack-repository.609278/

Q: Is the Community Patch Only-Modpack compatible to the official version of EUI?
A: Yes, but you have to delete the YieldIconManager.lua and xml from
MP_MODSPACK\Mods\Community Patch (v 66)\LUA.

It seems Community Patch should work with EUI officially.

I'm using Magnus Mutatio++ (2019/07/17), playing a four player multiplayer match, and everything is working for the most part, but periodically, one person, generally not the host (but it has happened where both the host and another crash), will crash out for no reason while loading the next turn. It doesn't happen on save load, and when I loaded up just me and my friend with a beefy PC, he crashed out after 2 turns. I am testing singleplayer right now, and it works well enough, I just can't think of what might be going wrong, honestly, thought I might be able to get some help here.

It's not printing any crash reports either, only thing I am getting thats new is a minidump that reports a read/write error.

I'm using Magnus Mutatio++ (2019/07/17), playing a four player multiplayer match, and everything is working for the most part, but periodically, one person, generally not the host (but it has happened where both the host and another crash), will crash out for no reason while loading the next turn. It doesn't happen on save load, and when I loaded up just me and my friend with a beefy PC, he crashed out after 2 turns. I am testing singleplayer right now, and it works well enough, I just can't think of what might be going wrong, honestly, thought I might be able to get some help here.

It's not printing any crash reports either, only thing I am getting thats new is a minidump that reports a read/write error.

We had the same problem, and we are not alone, with Mods_VP_2019-07-17_Magnus-Mutatio the chrashes began later, and with Mods_VP_2019-07-17_Improved-Interface we where able to make a full epic match with just a few crashes in like 450 turns... maybe the "dlc" is just too big, i don't know a lot about modding this way but maybe it could help to split the modpack in two or 3 parts

We had the same problem, and we are not alone, with Mods_VP_2019-07-17_Magnus-Mutatio the chrashes began later, and with Mods_VP_2019-07-17_Improved-Interface we where able to make a full epic match with just a few crashes in like 450 turns... maybe the "dlc" is just too big, i don't know a lot about modding this way but maybe it could help to split the modpack in two or 3 parts
https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/5588
Do your crashes happen upon selecting automate on scout?

I've pulled a few mods out of the magnus mutatio folder and run it on normal single player.

It looks like the download links (mega.nz) have been down for an extended period of days. What's up with that? Can you host the files elsewhere?
On a gameplay note with the July version of VP (No EUI). In MP it seems less stable than earlier versions. Also on one turn ~170 at the start it made the sound of incoming notification but the notification (- event or diplomatic message for example) did not show up and we can't move our units or do anything like production in towns, diplomacy, etc. Not sure why that happened. Maybe an event that is bugged? We only have Neutral events active in the game options.

Reloading earlier saves some turns before did not help.

It seems to work when only being one player in the game though (the host) but the next turn in MP when player #2 joins, the issue is back with the game seemingly waiting to finish something before we can start our turn and it just hangs like that. Very annoying to not be able to play the map due to this. Maybe anyone knows from experience a way to fix it (if possible).

I've made a new version for basic modpacks (without additional mods).
It seems there is a lot of problems with mods and the last beta, so I need to do some testing.

It looks like the download links (mega.nz) have been down for an extended period of days. What's up with that? Can you host the files elsewhere?

Weird, it still works for me.

I happen to run into this list which has several quite intriguing ui mods.
(game) Capture Great People for VP (v 1)
(game) Promotion Flags EUI (v 1)
(game) TopPanel Replace (EUI Only) (v 4)
(game) Trade Opportunities for VP (v 8)
(game) Visible Trade Units (v 1)
(ui) City Production (v 15)
(ui) City-States Leaders for VP (v 8)
(ui) Destination (v 4)
(ui) Diary (v 21)
(ui) Enhanced Demographics (v 6)
(ui) Filters in Trade Route Overview (Vox Populi) (v 1)
(ui) Improved City View (Vox Populi EUI) (v 11)
(ui) List Enhancements for VP (v 5)
(ui) Religion Spread (Vox Populi) (v 1)
(ui) Show XP in Military Overview (v 2)
(ui) Small Resource Icons (v 4)
(ui) Summary Bar (v 1)
(ui) Upgrade Tree (v 9)
(ui) Wonder Planner for VP (v 4)
(X) Tectonic Map Script (v 4)
(Y) Quick Turns (v 10)
(Z) Change VP Options (v 2)

The list comes from this thread.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/poll-what-other-mods-besides-vox-populi-do-you-use.649935/

Top Bottom