VP Modpack: Magnus Mutatio

I tried it in MP and after ca. 100 turns it started to kick one of us every few turns, had the same problem with Magnus_Mutatio.

New version.

Greetings. First off I just want to say your modpack is quite possibly one of the best ones out there. I love it to death, but I have a quick question. It works fine for SP, but I am planning on hosting a MP game and I want to know if Magnus_Mutatio++ works for MP or not. The reason I ask is because there are so many mods in it. Is it safe to use for MP or is it a no go zone?

My (limited) experience is that it isn't more instable than Vox Populi in MP and Magnus_Mutatio in SP. But Vox Populi has itself quite a lot of desync and crashes for weird reasons (and some peoples don't have any of them). While Magnus_Mutatio quite probably induces more frequent very late game crash (as every mod increase the possibility of having a memory overflow)

I tried it in MP and after ca. 100 turns it started to kick one of us every few turns, had the same problem with Magnus_Mutatio.

:-(
Unfortunately, I can't do that much for you. Unless you manage to pinpoint what could be the cause, then you can do a bug report here: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues. But the devs rarely debug for MP because it takes a lot of time, and is very unpractical.

This might be an error on my side but I just wanted to check; using Mutatio++ selecting Macedon throws error messages where it can't find or use .dds file and I get red boxes for certain icons.

This might be an error on my side but I just wanted to check; using Mutatio++ selecting Macedon throws error messages where it can't find or use .dds file and I get red boxes for certain icons.
Oh, sorry, error on my side. One folder is missing in Mutatio++.
I will upload a fix this evening.

EDIT:fixed

Spoiler :
Manual fix:
Take the previous version of Mutatio++ (https://mega.nz/#F!NeBH1QqD!qQvb_hjPAWY6UuSWlP0_5w!1ShiFCzK), copy the folder Mods/MC's Greece and Macedon Split for VP (v9). Paste it into the Mods folder of current version of Mutatio++.

Last edited:
How do you and others feel about No Futuristic Units? Personally Giant Robots and X-Comm break the immersion for me late game, and I think they should be removed (or even replaced).
I personnally don't have problems with them. More precisely, science victory is sending a spaceship to Alpha Centauri (instead of something reasonnable like Mars) is something that bother me far more than those two units. So I've accepted that late information era in Civ is "soft science fiction" rather than anything near hard SF.

If there was a mod designed for VP that change the late game units, I would probably consider it. But just removing content is not really in the spirit of my modpacks.

My units are disappearing when signing a peace deal.

Aren't they supposed to appear back within my boarder at the closest tile, any unit that was within my enemies boarder is gone. What do i have to do move them back past my boarder before the peace treaty. I'am using Magnus_Mutatio++ 05-19, not that it should matter. Quite a significant set back, am i missing something here?

Which part of the modpack is it that changes the on-map Resource Icons into nicer, smaller ones? Is that part of EUI that I've not seen before?

Thanks, there's not an easy way to add RED ontop of this modpack is there? I've been toying with the modpack creation tool but can't get it to gel.

Thanks, there's not an easy way to add RED ontop of this modpack is there? I've been toying with the modpack creation tool but can't get it to gel.
RED will annihilate your RAM allowance. VP consumes a ton of RAM as is; I would recommend against this.

I've used RED + VP with no problem for many games, just needed to turn down texture quality and the RAM limit only gets to be occasionally an issue at the very end of the game.

So what are people's thoughts on the custom civs added? I'm interested to hear people's stories re: balance for those.

Also, @Moi Magnus, I am curious why you don't add 2 more custom civs so that there's exactly 50 civs? It's just... It's so close. Such a satisfying number.

Thanks for the CP only one. I made a mod-version similar/based on it. The (1) Community Patch from the main download doesn't work with EUI out of the box, so it needed some work done to it. Also I needed to do some stuff to the events, I got a city event I couldn't bypass or pick to end turn, so I took out event stuff too. It seems like the Patch part is more than just the patch if there's events and stuff in it.. but I got it working

It seems like the Patch part is more than just the patch if there's events and stuff in it.. but I got it working
Events are disabled by default with CP, but there are indeed included since the event system is very practical for modders (and does not require the remaining of Vox Populi to work).

There's a new version of More Unique Components. ANy chance that can be integrated into the modpack(s) that use it? When I replace v45 with v46, I get errors that texture files are missing.

V46 added a new unit model and 100+ new promotion icons. You’re going to have a difficult time updating from 45 to 46 yourself

Top Bottom