• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.0

Tyrion- the city view screen has completely removed from all scenarios with the conquests add-on pack. If you're playing with that, that's why the eye's gone. I guess Firaxis decided it'd be too much work for the modders out there, so they decided to not even let them try!

Thanks

Wow, 45 pages takes a long time to read.

I realize this suggestion probably comes a few months too late, and likely has play balance issues, but it's not like suggestions cause any harm: Have you considered having the "space victory" artifacts be Great Wonders? It would obviously make the space victory difficult to accomplish (perhaps too difficult), but it keeps the uniqueness of each artifact and adds a nice twist compared to standard C3C space race.

Even if you don't use it, I just might in my own mod :p

I think ED had discussed this before. Not sure if he went with it though, I didn't sign up for the beta :sad: . Maybe for 2.0

Having the quest artifacts as single-build great wonders would really damage the entire concept of the quest/ space victory. As far as I'm aware, when you build an artifact it doesn't appear in the city build list, and so you couldn't even conquer the cities where the artifact was built. Nor can you rebuild Great Wonders if you conquered enemy capitals and sabotage their quest. I think ED's current system is spot-on, and it barely resembles the space race you see in the normal game.

whats status on 2.0 ? was supposed to go online somewhere 1 month ago ... whats holding up ?

If you need more help/manpower with anything send me a message, I would gladly assist you with whatever is needed

Great Wonders =/= Space Parts. It's simply impossible. Either one or the other. Apart from that it would have no sense as Mr. Do said.

I need to finish more units now, and maps/scenarios if I manage (more likely most of them will come after the 2.0 release).

Ediiit, Units I'm lacking badly:
Witch Elf, Amazon Rider, new Ogre, Ushabti, Lahmian Vampire (I might use Cleopatra though), Blood Dragon (a type of vampire), Winged Nightmare, Carrion (will try convert AoK eagle). I planned to do all of these, but time isn't my friend and is never with me when I need it :( There are dozens of other fantasy units I need and could do, but I don't want to delay the mod forever.

As much as I hate to say it...take your time....make sure the mod is 100% before you release it...(with the exception of scenarios) in the end it's better that you get a good product out....I hate saying that since i really want to play the mod but id rather it be finished then released too early. Keep up the good work.

No they dont... definetely not... though Kinboat said he may modify them to make a Skaven model.

(Heh, I thought they slightly resembled them, but I'd certainly have to defer to the expert on them considering how accurate my memory of them is)

How many units would a skaven civ need? Those three, plus a settler, slave/ worker, rat ogre, artillery, warlock/ grey seer... at the minimum. Damn, I'm sure as hell not gonna ask anyone to do that much work!

If Kinboat makes the model, I will do the units, but it will take like 2 months from now, so it won't be in 2.0 update, obviously. Yeah, Skaven need a lot of units... Even if I considered Gnolls fitting, I can't anything with just 3 of them.

About skaven (sorry about this a-kind-of-threadjack).
I've seen them having those strange looking "doom-bells", or what are they called. What are those? What does that bell have anything to do with warfare? Is the sound from that so terrible that it kills (or is it "brown noise" :groucho: :lol: )

The sound of the bell is harbringer of doom of the world, its sound has random effect in battle, usually boosting Skaven morale, frenzing them etc., additionally it is ridden by Grey Seer, a top level Skaven magic user (making even more powerful by the magic of the bell...)

Back when I actually played one time we rolled the doomsday-type result where every model on the battlefield took a low strength hit and it took a ridiculous amount of time to work out who'd been killed. I can't even begin to think of how such a unit would work in the mod!

Top Bottom