• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Weekend Specials Online

Let me know what you think. I haven't finished it, did about 5 hours I think about half the game. It's a very cool concept except that the map system is beyond confusing so I never know where to go back to. And a lot of the secrets seem like a lot of guessing to uncover, not that intuitive. Like you never know if a secret is some combo of key presses or something you have to come back later to solve. It's frustrating.

Yeah I ran into the same issue with Fez where I ran into a dilemma of wanting to solve all the puzzles but not wanting to spend huge amounts of time working out the solutions. This was also after 5 hours so I guess we might have been at a similar point in the game.

I wouldn't have minded working out the puzzles except I couldn't get some and I'd look online and the answer to many was come back later after you activate a switch in X level. And there was no way to determine that so some are so obscure. And then I kept getting lost due to the confusing map.

That's one feature of old games I'm happy most new games left behind. Puzzles that difficult, and might take a long time to figure out? Fine. Puzzles that are gated, so you have to come back later? Fine. Puzzles that look difficult, but are actually gated and simple if you come back later? Incredibly frustrating.

Walking dead season 2 is 33% off on steam for $16.74. Although I typically don't spend more than $10 for games and summer sale is looming and we might see a 50% or 75% off, I think I'm going to splurge here because season 1 was so amazing. This is a game if I buy it I will play it immediately to completion so I won't feel bad if it goes on sale 3 months later for less (unlike when I bought the witcher 2 for $8, still haven't played it yet, and it's on sale all the time for less now).

Also van helsing is on sale for around $5. Has decent reviews. I think I'll skip it though because I have a lot of action rpg style games already I haven't finished.

I just bought Unity of Command. I'd say download the demo to see if you like it, the core of the game is shown in the demo.

Nothing like advanced wars :(
Its an interesting game though, will have to pick up hopefully will be cheaper. I still have a huge stack of unplayed games.

I decided against walking dead season 2 because only 2 episodes have been released. By the time the full thing is out there will probably be a 75% off sale.

Humble bundle weekly is a bunch of unexciting puzzle games.

However plants vs zombies is included for $6. You can probably get this on sale on steam for 1 or 2 bucks, but if you want the other puzzles it's worth it. Really fun game, plenty of levels, I have 50 hours on it.

Yeah... I don't think it's going to happen at this point

$12.79USD or so is indeed a good deal, but I'm not so thrilled about this 'instalar nuuvem' button I'm seeing – I already have Steam.

Humble bundle weekly is pretty good if you don't already own most of these games. I suspect many forum goers will. It's a sega pack, has company of heroes and Rome: total war plus a few more for $1. Pay $6 to get additional games, including a sega genesis pack and medival total war. Spend $15 to get total war shogun 2. I've got over half the games in the pack so not that appealing.

Steam is also running some big weekend sales, tons of kalypso games on sale (tropico!) and rockstar packs like max payne 3 and all dlc 80% off, gta 4 sale and many more.

Disciples 3 has terrible review but I make shell out $2 anyway just to try it.

Gog is running a saint patrick's day promo. You have to pick 5 games and make a bundle. It's too complicated to explain here and list all the games, but a bunch of games 90% off and some other sales.

Gog is running a saint patrick's day promo. You have to pick 5 games and make a bundle. It's too complicated to explain here and list all the games, but a bunch of games 90% off and some other sales.

Snagged Expeditions: Conquistador for essentially 45% off the $20 price tag. This also gave me Surgeon Simulator 2013 and Reus. And I hear that Hotline: Miami and Brutal Legend aren't bad games either.

Top Bottom