Weekend Specials Online

I was massively underwhelmed by DA2, but then I was a big fan of DA:O.

Well, dirt-cheap game codes do come with a massive caveat emptor, after all.

GrimRock 2 is $1 humble bundle !
Its a fine old school style RPG, its quite hard even on Normal difficulty

Did anyone get anything from holiday sales? I made a jawdropping zero purchases! I can't believe I contained myself, but backlog too big, sales not good enough. Like I was interested in pillars of eternity and darkest dungeon, but they're still around $15 or more. Rebel galaxy was the one that had me closest to pulling the trigger as it dropped under $7 but I found a free mod for ftl and wasted my time on that instead.

Did anyone get anything from holiday sales? I made a jawdropping zero purchases! I can't believe I contained myself, but backlog too big, sales not good enough. Like I was interested in pillars of eternity and darkest dungeon, but they're still around $15 or more. Rebel galaxy was the one that had me closest to pulling the trigger as it dropped under $7 but I found a free mod for ftl and wasted my time on that instead.

It was a pretty bad sale this year. There were a few smaller games that interested me but not enough to sacrifice funds for something else to get a video game instead.

I picked up Shelter and Shelter 2, along with a couple of other indy games I had my eye on.

That said, if Pillars of Eternity was a mere $15, you should have jumped at it, as it'll give you way more playing time than dollars spent.

xcom 2 is the sneak preview of the humble monthly. Humble monthly is where you pay $12 and get a mystery assortment of 8 games every month. It's a subscription but you can cancel whenever. They always tease a top game (usually the most expensive or triple A like) from the bundle and that game is available immediately while the others are revealed at the end of the month.

So basically you get xcom 2 plus 6 other mystery games for $12. I bought this one time to get mad max at that price. Not sure what xcom 2 was discounted to over the steam sales but base price is still $60 so I think it only went to $20-30.

That's possibly worth considering then. Thanks.

I picked up castle crashers, gauntlet, rebal galaxy and Front wars (<-avoid)
Also gifted Orcs must die 2 to a friend

I think it's a cool idea, but don't subscribe cus I'm scaling back my time playing games lately and would never have time to play 8 new games a month. Value wise it's a great buy as long as you don't have all the other games.

Humble has a charity bundle 30 games for $30
It looks like a mixed bag of indie games, nothing special but more games will be added

Nothing special... aside from including many well received, great or at least popular indie titles like Stardew Valley, The Stanley Parable, Chroma Squad, Guns of Icarus Online, and Subnautica until it ran out of keys.

Some of the games seem pretty meh, and I don't care about any of the digital books included, but this bundle is really great value, quite a few games on my wishlist to check out for cheap eventually.

Subnautica and Meatboy are all sold out
The only game that stood out for me was Stardew Valley but having played a lot of Harvest moon games I dont think I would get much out from it. As its just a remake and didnt really push the genre forward
Was hoping it would include at least one top notch game like you get with Humble Monthly bundle.

Just Cause 3 is only $15 but it's that cheap for a reason, apparently it still has a memory leak and poor optimization.

The Witness looks good from that bundle, but the bundle is quite expensive and I really don't need any more games.

Top Bottom