1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Video Games Have You Been Playing #11: I should go

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by aimeeandbeatles, Apr 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Warlord

I think I might have that. Never played it, though.

2. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

I've already told you to get it and I have 860 hours played. What more do you want?

3. Lexicus

Lexicus Warlord

Well, I'd appreciate the impressions of someone new to the game, since I think that would be more relevant to my situation than those of someone with 860 hours on it :)

4. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

No game is too simple for an adult, or else Pong would be unplayable for me.

5. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

Because it manages to be more consistent and accidentally full of foreshadowing than the, well, actual official version.

6. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

I've completed the game and was taking a break, waiting to see if any DLC was announced or great secrets discovered. Final boss did indeed take me the best part of two evenings to beat.

As you say, the bosses are experienced by people very differently. For instance, the ogre throwing me off the cliff was where I discovered you can grapple mid-air!

yung.carl.jung likes this.
  7. Synsensa

Synsensa Sweet Pea Retired Moderator

I explored all the maps but none of the location achievements are unlocking in Borderlands 2. :mad:

In the meantime, I'm finally playing through its DLCs. Doing the Tiny Tina D&D one now. It seems... put together well so far. Not sure I'd say I like it yet.

Oh and I've been playing a bunch of mobile games still. Having a phone that doesn't melt or lose all its charge in a couple hours is neat. I've been playing Fishdom, Homescapes, Gardenscapes, Lily's Garden (basically a carbon copy of Homescapes, I don't know if I like it, the art style is kinda gaudy), Wheel of Fortune, and QuizzLand.

8. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles watermelon

I looked up Indoctrination Theory in full. I don't really buy it, though.

9. haroon

haroon Chieftain

It is an rpg with a cat as a protagonist, the game is amazing glad you like it

10. civvver

civvver Warlord

has anyone played sword of the stars? It's on sale for $2.50. I wonder if I would play it though. I didn't get into sins of a solar empire, nor galactic civs. Just keep returning to master of orion.

11. zazazuzu

zazazuzu Chieftain

Subnautica.

12. caketastydelish

caketastydelish 49ers 2019

Would anyone on civfanatics like to play one of the two MMO's I'm into with me? Runescape, and Star Wars the Old Republic.

And a non-MMO (and cheap game that doesn't require a powerful computer) is Star Wars: Empire at war. I play the Republic at war mod (widely regarded as better than the base game) and better for 1v1 as there are only two factions.

13. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

I used to play TOR quite a lot, but only on the Progenitor server.

14. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

I play SWTOR fairly extensively during the summers, but lack time during the school year.

I'm also not really sure what I'm going to do this coming summer. I'm interested in playing, but the large guild I was a part of for some years imploded rather spectacularly several months ago.

caketastydelish likes this.
  15. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Yeah, the original Sword of the Stars is an awesome game. The game is sort of like Total War in space. A stripped down turn based strategy map with real time battles where you command a small fleet of ships. You custom design your ships, selecting modules and weapons and defenses. The tech tree is semi randomized so you may not always have access to certain techs forcing you to adapt in different ways. Each race has their own completely unique system of travel which radically alters how the race is played. Humans have a sort of jump drive that is fast but can only travel along certain predetermined paths. The Hivers have sublight drives but once they get somewhere they can set up gates to travel places instantly. The Morrigi travel faster the more ships there are in a fleet. And so on.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  16. Phrossack

Phrossack Armored Fish and Armored Men

And in ME3, I just got
    Spoiler :
    Miranda killed. That sucks. Dumping someone gets them killed by a 9-year-old's idea of a cool space ninja. Seriously, it's as if the characters in Mass Effect were generally created by adults for a DnD campaign, but then one of them brought along their 9-year-old son or little brother, who made the stupidest character based on bad anime, shoved him in even though he doesn't fit the game at all, gives him ludicrous abilities and dialogue, and you have to go easy on him because otherwise he'll tell Mom. Ugh.

On the bright side, the Codex at least tried to explain why FTL travel doesn't immediately lead to FTL weapons able to destroy entire planets for cheap. That's my problem with most sci fi involving FTL travel.

17. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

Kai Leng is even funnier in the books

Leng breaks into Anderson's apartment when he's not there and...eats breakfast because he's sooo edgy and lives for thrills

naturally this led to fans nicknaming him the Cereal Killer

18. aimeeandbeatles

Spoiler :
    Don't worry, you'll get your revenge soon. That's one Renegade interupt that my super-Paragon Shepard took immediately. That, and headbutting the krogan in ME2.

19. aimeeandbeatles

Also, I found this screenshot I had from from the first game:

Spoiler :

20. zazazuzu

zazazuzu Chieftain

In Subnautica, I love building my first base. I keep getting better at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.