What Video Games Have You Been Playing #11: I should go

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could try EUIV? Totally different game but I'd appreciate a sacrificial lamb to get the game and tell me if I should get it :devil:
I think I might have that. Never played it, though.

You could try EUIV? Totally different game but I'd appreciate a sacrificial lamb to get the game and tell me if I should get it :devil:

I've already told you to get it and I have 860 hours played. What more do you want?

I've already told you to get it and I have 860 hours played. What more do you want?

Well, I'd appreciate the impressions of someone new to the game, since I think that would be more relevant to my situation than those of someone with 860 hours on it :)

Played a lot that cat game called Cat Quest someone from CFC suggested me. Had 20+ hours of pure childish gaming fun. Game is too simple for an adult, but it can cheer up on a rainy day.
No game is too simple for an adult, or else Pong would be unplayable for me.

I've never understood why that theory is so popular.
Because it manages to be more consistent and accidentally full of foreshadowing than the, well, actual official version.

I absoutely love how everyone seems to have widly different opinions on every boss in the game. Personally I thought Ogre was really easy (for a FromSoft boss anyway, I needed 15- 20 tries at least and raged pretty hard every time I got thrown off the cliff), once you get used to the pattern of dodge - dodge - charge - slash 1x/2x - repeat there is absolutely nothing that will happen to you and only human error can kill you. what ended up killing me most of the time was using the firecrackers, ironically, because it has such a long animation and often doesn't work or doesn't break the opponents animation cycle.

where are you @ right now? I have one more mini boss to complete til my first prayer necklace! I can't wait for butterfly / owl / genichiro / isshin and I'm sure I'll be stuck on those bosses for days, not mere hours. I was never that great at reaction time nor hand eye coordination.

I've completed the game and was taking a break, waiting to see if any DLC was announced or great secrets discovered. Final boss did indeed take me the best part of two evenings to beat.

As you say, the bosses are experienced by people very differently. For instance, the ogre throwing me off the cliff was where I discovered you can grapple mid-air!

I explored all the maps but none of the location achievements are unlocking in Borderlands 2. :mad:

In the meantime, I'm finally playing through its DLCs. Doing the Tiny Tina D&D one now. It seems... put together well so far. Not sure I'd say I like it yet.

Oh and I've been playing a bunch of mobile games still. Having a phone that doesn't melt or lose all its charge in a couple hours is neat. I've been playing Fishdom, Homescapes, Gardenscapes, Lily's Garden (basically a carbon copy of Homescapes, I don't know if I like it, the art style is kinda gaudy), Wheel of Fortune, and QuizzLand.

Because it manages to be more consistent and accidentally full of foreshadowing than the, well, actual official version.

I looked up Indoctrination Theory in full. I don't really buy it, though.

Played a lot that cat game called Cat Quest someone from CFC suggested me. Had 20+ hours of pure childish gaming fun. Game is too simple for an adult, but it can cheer up on a rainy day.

It is an rpg with a cat as a protagonist, the game is amazing glad you like it

has anyone played sword of the stars? It's on sale for $2.50. I wonder if I would play it though. I didn't get into sins of a solar empire, nor galactic civs. Just keep returning to master of orion.

Would anyone on civfanatics like to play one of the two MMO's I'm into with me? Runescape, and Star Wars the Old Republic.

And a non-MMO (and cheap game that doesn't require a powerful computer) is Star Wars: Empire at war. I play the Republic at war mod (widely regarded as better than the base game) and better for 1v1 as there are only two factions.

I used to play TOR quite a lot, but only on the Progenitor server.

Would anyone on civfanatics like to play one of the two MMO's I'm into with me? Runescape, and Star Wars the Old Republic.
I play SWTOR fairly extensively during the summers, but lack time during the school year.

I'm also not really sure what I'm going to do this coming summer. I'm interested in playing, but the large guild I was a part of for some years imploded rather spectacularly several months ago.

has anyone played sword of the stars? It's on sale for $2.50. I wonder if I would play it though. I didn't get into sins of a solar empire, nor galactic civs. Just keep returning to master of orion.
Yeah, the original Sword of the Stars is an awesome game. The game is sort of like Total War in space. A stripped down turn based strategy map with real time battles where you command a small fleet of ships. You custom design your ships, selecting modules and weapons and defenses. The tech tree is semi randomized so you may not always have access to certain techs forcing you to adapt in different ways. Each race has their own completely unique system of travel which radically alters how the race is played. Humans have a sort of jump drive that is fast but can only travel along certain predetermined paths. The Hivers have sublight drives but once they get somewhere they can set up gates to travel places instantly. The Morrigi travel faster the more ships there are in a fleet. And so on.

And in ME3, I just got
Spoiler :
Miranda killed. That sucks. Dumping someone gets them killed by a 9-year-old's idea of a cool space ninja. Seriously, it's as if the characters in Mass Effect were generally created by adults for a DnD campaign, but then one of them brought along their 9-year-old son or little brother, who made the stupidest character based on bad anime, shoved him in even though he doesn't fit the game at all, gives him ludicrous abilities and dialogue, and you have to go easy on him because otherwise he'll tell Mom. Ugh.

On the bright side, the Codex at least tried to explain why FTL travel doesn't immediately lead to FTL weapons able to destroy entire planets for cheap. That's my problem with most sci fi involving FTL travel.

Kai Leng is even funnier in the books

Leng breaks into Anderson's apartment when he's not there and...eats breakfast because he's sooo edgy and lives for thrills

naturally this led to fans nicknaming him the Cereal Killer

And in ME3, I just got
Spoiler :
Miranda killed. That sucks. Dumping someone gets them killed by a 9-year-old's idea of a cool space ninja. Seriously, it's as if the characters in Mass Effect were generally created by adults for a DnD campaign, but then one of them brought along their 9-year-old son or little brother, who made the stupidest character based on bad anime, shoved him in even though he doesn't fit the game at all, gives him ludicrous abilities and dialogue, and you have to go easy on him because otherwise he'll tell Mom. Ugh.

Spoiler :
Don't worry, you'll get your revenge soon. That's one Renegade interupt that my super-Paragon Shepard took immediately. That, and headbutting the krogan in ME2.

Also, I found this screenshot I had from from the first game:

Spoiler :

In Subnautica, I love building my first base. I keep getting better at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom