What Video Games Have You Been Playing #11: I should go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scam Citizen is blowing up
I doubt this controversy will impact the money raising, but it amazes me how little they have after spending $300 Mil

So yeah, I got stuck on god damned General Tenzen Yamauchi, guy is a complete monster and it takes absolutely forever to clear the ~10 soldiers protecting him. You have to do 5 minutes of killing lowly Strawhat peasants before you get another chance to try again. And, of course, if you die once or need to heal while doing the trash, you have no chance to win the boss fight. It felt like a continuous, never ending nightmare. So I made a video about it. It's very intense.

Spoilers: Blood, Violence, Swearing, Sekiro, Boss mechanics, Lore and much more! Also don't click if you have epilepsy, please.

I think I might make a few more videos in the future, I love the cutting and editing process, it's lots of fun. Hope you enjoy this one, especially the moments where I so obviously screw up. I have so much footage of me being literally 1 strike away from winning, and then going full Leeroy Jenkins.

@cardgame
@Lexicus

I added both of you. name is currently MagickJohnson, but might change at any given time. I have a young David Bowie avatar :)

Finally beat ME3.

Now I'm bummed. Partly because there's no other series that can scratch that itch anywhere near as well as Mass Effect can, and partly because I regret not playing it when it was popular. MP sounds good but it seems dead these days.

Finally beat ME3.

Now I'm bummed. Partly because there's no other series that can scratch that itch anywhere near as well as Mass Effect can, and partly because I regret not playing it when it was popular. MP sounds good but it seems dead these days.

Did you try the Armax Arsenal Arena from the Citadel DLC? You can unlock your squadmates from all the games! Well, except the dead ones.

Did you try the Armax Arsenal Arena from the Citadel DLC? You can unlock your squadmates from all the games! Well, except the dead ones.
I did. It was decent.

One fight in it made me wish there would be an option to let you change classes, though. I guess I could use a save editor.

One fight in it made me wish there would be an option to let you change classes, though. I guess I could use a save editor.
Alas, I only have it for my old console...

That stinks.

I got Bomber Crew for $8, played for 3-4 hours. Fun for a while, but repetitive. After losing 3 planes and several crew, I started over. After completing 10-12 missions on the 2nd effort without a loss, I feel like I've solved the puzzle, so I don't know if I'll go back to it.

I picked up Rise to Ruins on sale the other day and now I've pumped 10 hours into it. It's a pretty cool village management type game, kind of like Terraria corruption mechanic meets a friendlier/simpler Gnomoria.

The Long Dark released a new update today, for both Story Mode and Survival Mode. No new region, but changes to how shooting and injuries are handled. More than reason enough for me to start a new survival game.

Finally beat ME3.

Back to the silent protagonist then? Time for some Dark Souls. :mischief:

MORDHAU is just terrific fun. I am getting pretty decent with the big boi spear and keeping people at the edge of my range - made it to #1 on my team's leaderboard (32 people) :)

I found this video

It keeps getting better and better

I installed star sector again, its not bad now that there are multiple star systems
Some of the new ships are pretty fun, Iam currently flying a Sunder which I use to take apart enemy frigates while my main battle line of Enforces and Drovers rolls all over enemy fleet, by then only a few enemy cruisers are left and Sunder is free to carry out flank attack. once I try out all the new ships I'll give some of the mods a go many of them look pretty nice

9 Supply for 5 Medium ballistic mounts, and four small missile mounts is ridiculous
You can field two Enforces and a Valkyrie with a wing of bombers for the cost of a Eagle.

Last edited:
I've (re)played Dark Sun : Shattered Lands last week. That's what you call a classic : an OLD game (1993), but a very good one which is the kind of game forging your childhood memories. Took a short bit of time for getting reused to it, but after that it's actually a surprisingly modern game, where the flaws seem to come more from technical limitations than bad design.
Dialogue is pretty good for the time (might be a bit dry, but then the game could only display very few lines at the same time, so it wasn't practical to use long-winded discussions), combat system is pretty good considering the limitations and the freedom is impressive (there is nearly always several ways to deal with a situation, even if they might be a bit short/contrived, and save for a handful of bugs the dev thought of about everything you can do, and there is no "game over" if you take the "wrong" decision, you just have to live with it). There is an impressive variety in quests and regions, with a bunch of map showing different aspects of the majestic deserts of Athas. It feels like the very early sketches of "open world" games, and, well, it works.
There is a definite "Master of Magic" feeling in it, with the graphical limitations being transcended by making imagination works to fill in the blanks (also the music is pretty evocative of MoM, might be the MIDI sound though).
That's some A-grade actual RPG. So again, that's not just nostalgia speaking, that game was truly a masterpiece for the time. It also makes you bewildered at how gorgeous Deadfire or Kingmaker are if you launch them right after playing it for a few days :D

Wanted to play the second title in the serie (Wake of the Ravager, that I never got the occasion to try before), but just couldn't pass over how horribly ugly and clunky it was. The art production values just somehow managed to plummet, the zoomed-in view is annoying and the unskippable intro is unexcusable. That's some shame, because it's supposed to not be as good as the first, but still interesting.

As of the last few days playing Outcast Second Contact (that's the graphical remake of Outcast). Never played the original game for 20 years, and it has been sitting in my GOG library for, what, two years already.
The controls are annoying (there is an irritating inertia) and there is some blatant design/technical flaws (nothing in the interface explain you what the many items/weapons are or do, you just have to check the manual ; quests are sometimes pretty obscure, it's obvious the budget was rather small and so you have to accept that there is a sort of "cheapness" in production values) but the lack of hand-holding is appreciable, and the game has very varied and beautiful landscapes.
Mostly, the game feels like the, well, second step in "open world games" after Darksun, the freedom of movement and exploration lets the player feels empowered and pushes curiosity about "what is here", the goofy humour makes it light-hearted without breaking the immersion, there is quite a lot of content and the writing is pretty decent (even though I could guess the major twist from within the first hour of the game, but I'll chalk it up to the amount of foreshadowing, so at least it's not an arsepull). The game just oozes charm.

So yeah, two honest-to-god "GOG" in their original definition ("Good Old Games") :p

Mostly for giggles, I've been screwing around with Gibbed Save Editor for Mass Effect 2 & 3 to see how badly I could break the games. I...was pretty amused when this happened.

Spoiler :

Age of Wonders III actually looks like a pretty good game from its first impressions. Highly enthusiastic about playing more than 15 minutes tomorrow :)

I installed star sector again, its not bad now that there are multiple star systems
Some of the new ships are pretty fun, Iam currently flying a Sunder which I use to take apart enemy frigates while my main battle line of Enforces and Drovers rolls all over enemy fleet, by then only a few enemy cruisers are left and Sunder is free to carry out flank attack. once I try out all the new ships I'll give some of the mods a go many of them look pretty nice

9 Supply for 5 Medium ballistic mounts, and four small missile mounts is ridiculous
You can field two Enforces and a Valkyrie with a wing of bombers for the cost of a Eagle.

Enforcers are quite good due to their versatility and those missiles, but their downside is a lack of flux capacity and venting relative to their weapon mounts, paired with poor damage absorption on its shield to max its flux out even quicker. Still, I usually try to include many of them in my fleets for destroyer deathballs or general-purpose (and flak cannons on the side mounts) as the AI is pretty decent at using them and not dying, unlike the relatively unarmored Sunder or Hammerhead, which will die to a single volley of Harpoons if the timing is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom