What Video Games have you been playing I: My Muffintop Expands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sims 3. I didn't play it much until Seasons came out, 'cuz it sucked, but when I got seasons, I got more into it because I could finally do my favorite thing to do in such games: Control the weather. The Seasons EP's for both TS2 and TS3 came with weather-manipulation devices for my sims to use. Although, sadly, the one in Sims 3 doesn't keep the precipitation going forever like the one in Sims 2. :(

Mmmmmmmm....... Summer-time snow.... :evil:

Sims 3. I didn't play it much until Seasons came out, 'cuz it sucked, but when I got seasons, I got more into it because I could finally do my favorite thing to do in such games: Control the weather. The Seasons EP's for both TS2 and TS3 came with weather-manipulation devices for my sims to use. Although, sadly, the one in Sims 3 doesn't keep the precipitation going forever like the one in Sims 2. :(

Mmmmmmmm....... Summer-time snow.... :evil:

How's the gameplay with that in general? Does it actually do anything else useful, compared to soe of the other expansions? I got it when it was on sale at Greenmangaming (a whooping $25 off!) but I havne't played any Sims 3 for months.

Right now I am making a comic in Garry's Mod for my friend (this is the one I was ranting about when I couldn't find the model I needed, and then the map I was using kept crashing, but I fixed that.)

How's the gameplay with that in general? Does it actually do anything else useful, compared to soe of the other expansions? I got it when it was on sale at Greenmangaming (a whooping $25 off!) but I havne't played any Sims 3 for months.
Well, the temps never go below zero (Fahrenheit, for you celcius retrogrades :p ), the in-game "online dating" for the sims of the neighborhood is useless as other sims will hit your sim up regardless of how yours or their's profiles appear, there's virtually nothing in the way of holiday decorations for the game's equivalence to x-mas, the aliens are ridiculous - they brought back male pregnancy for eff's sakes :rolleyes: - *, no new neighborhood to explore, sometimes it precips with nary an actual cloud in the sky (although that might be the aliens causing mischief, as they can manipulate weather too, to a point), summer almost never has rain, whilst spring and fall rain too much, winter seems the most normal (sans the lack of subzero F temps), and seasons change too abruptly as there's virtually no gradience (eg, last day of fall is 71 F, first day of winter is 8 F), and the seasons change at midnight on the dot, no exceptions.

I'm sure there's others that I missed, as well as maybe having at least a couple actually useful things, I can't remember what else at this point. :dunno:

* As for the aliens, I could've swore they kept insisting the previous EP, supernatural, was required for the aliens to appear, and even though I deliberatly skipped supernatural for its sheer ridiculousneess even by sims standards, the aliens appeared in my game anyway when I got seasons for x-mas. It does say "limited edition" on the box, so that might be it. :dunno:

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Sword of the Stars 2
Company of Heroes 1v1
Shogun 2

Lots of people to kill in different contexts :ar15: :run:

Looking forward to: Rome 2, Company of Heroes 2, SimCity, and Dungeonland.

Elemental - Fallen Enchantress: Not as bad as Elemental was, but still No Goo, but admittingly somewhat addictive to a certain point then not anymore

Elemental - Fallen Enchantress: Not as bad as Elemental was, but still No Goo, but admittingly somewhat addictive to a certain point then not anymore

Ugh, that mess.

Sword of the Stars 2 is now far and away better, even if it's still pretty rough. At least with SotS you've got a good game underneath the problems.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
How do you like this game? From the videos I've watched, the gameplay looks awesome, but the matchmaking and balancing seems pretty terrible.

Civ 4,2 rev, minecraft, and fifa 13 for my wii. I'll play fifa if I have an hour or more, if I don't have much time I'll play the others.

Endless Space: Liked it more than Sins of Solar Empire but remember to have more liked Galactic Civvvy 2. The Matrix Games SciFi games Distant Worlds and Armada 2526 were also ok. Sword of Stars II Enhanced Edition I didn't played yet and dunno the first part either. And you cannot install it on XP. Fallen Enchantress still needs many fixes to be really good as Might of Magic was, from what its derived from.
The most SciFi game I liked is apart from GalCivII still Imperium Galactica 2.

How do you like this game? From the videos I've watched, the gameplay looks awesome, but the matchmaking and balancing seems pretty terrible.

Its absolutely fantastic, can't recommend it enough. I wouldn't say the matchmaking, or the balance is all that terrible, actually. The only unbalanced thing in the game IMO is fists, and that's only because they can't be blocked.

Anyways, I've been juggling a lot of games recently, and I have no idea how I've managed to do it.

I've been playing:
-Civilization V: Started up another game as the Inca, and forgot how much fun this game is. I think I can finally make it into the G&K modern era with this game, which I've yet to experience.
-Kerbal Space Program: Too much fun, and way too easy to kill an afternoon with.
-Chivalry: Medieval Warfare: I forced my entire friend group to get it so that we'd have a multiplayer game in common, and of course its a ton of fun.
-Bioshock: I got a bunch of single player story games to last me till the summer, this being one of them. Never got to actually play the game, so its more catchup on a good series than anything.

Other games at friends houses:
-Command and Conquer: Generals: My friend group got addicted to this game for some reason. :lol: So I've been playing a lot of it lately.
-Age of Empires III: Same as the above, except less addiction and more just branching out the RTS games we try to play
-Planetside 2: I can't get this game to work on my computer (its horribly unoptimized), so I'm forced to play it at my friends' houses.

Its absolutely fantastic, can't recommend it enough. I wouldn't say the matchmaking, or the balance is all that terrible, actually. The only unbalanced thing in the game IMO is fists, and that's only because they can't be blocked.

Looks interesting- much simpler than Mount & Blade, and multiplayer only, but the graphics are much better and in any case it'll help popularize the medieval "shooter" genre.

Elemental is very cool when looking up on Your developed cities ^^ Little dudes are actually working around ! It is strongly a Master of Magic copy but a good one ;) Let's hope Kael will revive it ! :D

Red Orchestra 2
ahh, okay
Elemental is very cool when looking up on Your developed cities ^^ Little dudes are actually working around ! It is strongly a Master of Magic copy but a good one ;) Let's hope Kael will revive it ! :D
yepp, since it's the only Master of Magic successor.

I searched for a thread like this before I made it. I can't believe no one had thought of it. You guys like it?

I spent a few hours trying to build a Duna space station in KSP. It is very complicated but at the same time the project is moving along without a hitch. My first two launches left the pad without basics like docking lights because first launches usually end up blowing up so why bother installing everything? Instead, the launches went so well that I am in the process of docking prototype parts together to form the core of the station. :lol:

From prototype to production in the same unit! Good times.

Also, the capitalist dog (aka Antilogic) will rue the day he laid down his Duna challenge!

civ3 and aoe2. I have never heard of most of the games mentioned here. I used to play aoe3 and rs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom