What Video Games have you been playing II: Have you finished that backlog?

I don't get this. Fallout 3 felt so fake. It's hundreds of years after the war, and people are still living like it happened last week.

Spoiler minor spoilers for Megaton in Fallout 3 :
They built a city around a freaking nuclear bomb - and your first big moral choice in the game was: a) defuse the bomb they stupidly built the city around, or b) BLOW THE CITY UP. Are you kidding me? That was so unbelievably dumb. What a slap in the face to the player. That's the first important moral decision? Some guy in a bar says, "psst... you're not from here... can you detonate the nuclear weapon and destroy the city for no freaking reason?" Come on, how stupid can you get?

Not to mention, Fallout 3's map is like Bethesda made a bunch of locations, put a blindfold on, spat the locations out on the map, and connected them all with those awful metro stations. On the other hand, the Mojave felt real. When I was walking down a road in the middle of a desert, I felt like I was really there. That's immersion.

I know, different strokes for different folks, but it just boggles my mind how some people prefer 3 to New Vegas. The ONLY thing 3 does better is having no invisible walls. Everything else about 3 is inferior to New Vegas, imo. And 3 crashed all the damn time, buggy as hell.

I've had more crashes with NV than with Fallout 3.

Spoiler :
The Megaton bomb situation makes sense. There are plenty of people IRL who support bulldozing over things because they think it looks ugly. I mean hell, the dude who organized the detonation is doing it because he desperately suckles on the teat of Tenpenny, a rich guy who sits alone on his balcony ruling over an exclusive club of "rich people only kthx". Is it cheesy? Sure, but so is everything else about Fallout.

No one is playing Fallout for a legitimate moral dilemma that takes into account all factors, situations, and options. Not only would that be impossible but it's not the point as well.

I actually really liked the Metro stations in Fallout 3. Does it make much sense? Nah. But, you know... video games.

World of Tanks is amazing, especially since it is free. The only hassle so far is that there is quite a grind at level 4/5 where your tanks are typically not that competitive with the others you have to play.

Tier 9/10 its 200,000 exp. :lol:
At final tier 10 you sometimes have a 50,000 exp grind for the final gun.

Your probably facing off veteran players with fully elite crews, tanks and equipment at the mid tiers Which makes it hard for new players.
Make sure to also hold onto a tier 5 tank in order to make credits as higher tier tanks will result in net lose of credits to run them.

Hey, just FYI. GOG is giving away some game called "Dungeon Keeper" for free for the next 34 hours. This is how Tak got addicted to Fallout, ladies and gentlemen, so get it while the getting is good.
I'm getting over my addiction, I haven't played in over ten minutes now, and the computer's still on. Now that I think of it, I could start my attack on the Bishops… all guns blazing or start an affaire with Leslie Ann and try to sneak away before going Heckler and Koch on them? Hmmm…
You'll get your game soon! Minion, due to high demand, we will tell you when your free copy of Dungeon Keeper is ready via email in a little bit.​
Maybe, hair of the dog that bit me…
bhsup said:
God bless you, my son, you have learned well.

Spoiler :
I didn't need to learn. I just Knew.
New Vegas was the first one I played, and when I went back and played the original two games, it gave me a greater appreciation for a lot the references and characters in the newer ones. Definitely something I would recommend anyone who is just starting out with the Fallout games.

Just remember to save a lot in 1 and 2.
There's no such thing as saving too often in that game.
I'd imagine that it would be hard to play 3 once you've already played New Vegas, though. They're too similar, yet 3 is inferior in every way.
That's why they should be played in a certain order…
Fallout 1 is starting to annoy me. Companions are so bloody hard to manage. Then there's the clunkiness of the interface, to the point where FO3 and FNV on the console are even better. And the isometric view likes to pester with not being to make walls invisible when needed.
Hahahaha! Just wait until you get your hands on the Laser Gatling! Ludicrous Gibs galore!
World of Tanks is amazing, especially since it is free. The only hassle so far is that there is quite a grind at level 4/5 where your tanks are typically not that competitive with the others you have to play./QUOTE]
It's extremely addictive, too.
New Vegas also has the Wild West vibe going for it. You can show up in town, find problems requiring someone handy with a revolver, fix them, and then walk off into the sunset.
That's… quite a large part of the first Fallout game. I did that with Natalia. :smug:

Tier 9/10 its 200,000 exp. :lol:
At final tier 10 you sometimes have a 50,000 exp grind for the final gun.

Your probably facing off veteran players with fully elite crews, tanks and equipment at the mid tiers Which makes it hard for new players.
Make sure to also hold onto a tier 5 tank in order to make credits as higher tier tanks will result in net lose of credits to run them.

Tier 5 TDs are awesome for this. They are all pretty good, and the grind isn`t too bad. Especially the tier 5 French TD. Stock tier 6 gun FTW.

There's no such thing as saving too often in that game.

If you are even thinking about doing something in Fallout 1 or 2 you should save beforehand. Then maybe save a second time just in case.

Yes. Save when near a city. Then save once you're in there. Then save again after you've found out what the local rules for gun ownership, curfew and other such issues are. Then once again when you've found the droids NPC you were looking for. Then again just before you speak to them. Then again before you set out to do whatever it is they want you to do…

Persona Persona Persona

The gameplay in Innocent Sin pales in comparison to that present in 4 but the fact that Lisa Silverman and Eikichi Mishina exist more than makes up for it. Having plenty of fun catching up on the games I was either too young or too poor to play at the time, heheh.

I've tried War Thunder and for whatever reason I just can't get into it. Probably mostly because I am just terrible at air combat games.

Though I will definitely try out the naval battles once they are added.

Yeah, air combat is something you gotta like if you want to play War Thunder.

Can't wait for the ships though, there are like no naval combat games out there!

Yeah, air combat is something you gotta like if you want to play War Thunder.

Can't wait for the ships though, there are like no naval combat games out there!

The Battlestations games for the consoles were alright in scratching that itch for me, but in the end they're just console games. There is a game I have called Pacific Storm: Allies that covers everything between continent-spanning strategy and manning individual AA guns and flying aircraft, if I recall. For some reason I never played it.

No one is playing Fallout for a legitimate moral dilemma that takes into account all factors, situations, and options. Not only would that be impossible but it's not the point as well.

Mass Effect games come pretty close to offer that! The Krogan made me really pause and think.

Mass Effect games come pretty close to offer that! The Krogan made me really pause and think.
I thought House vs. Independent vs. NCR didn't have a clear-cut choice at all, either, as well as other events in New Vegas. What he really meant was that he doesn't care about those things in games, not that they don't exist in games.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas had the worst 'morality' system I've ever seen in a game.
Stumble upon a Legion raid camp at night.
Steal their stuff: Get negative karma becasue stealing is bad.
Murder them in their sleep: gain positive karma because the Legion is evil and killing evil people is good. I don't think I can get net negative karma if I try to be murderous bastard because I'll inevitably murder some bad guys and all will be good.
The central conflict was pretty interesting though. There is really nothing redeeming about the Legion, but there are legitimate points for and against House, NCR and Yes Man.

Except you play a save where you didn't complete Mordin's loyalty mission in ME 2 and Wrex is dead. His idiot brother makes the right choice regarding the genophage cure pretty easy.

I wasn't talking about the karma system, but I don't disagree. Karma systems are dumb, anyways. The Witcher 2 is the ideal for tough, morally grey choices that actually matter.

Well, to a certain degree you can attempt to play like a saint (and risk being attacked on sight by a few characters) or to play like the Devil's own spawn.
Karma systems are dumb, anyways.
Nah, they just need refinement, Fallout was state-of-the-art at the time and needed beta testing which it never got, and the original Fallout 3 was scrapped, but we live and make do with what is left.

Mini-bump.

So today I felt I was strong enough to play video games again, and without hesitation I decided to play Oblivion. Because, it's awesome. And also because I think it's music made and makes a great companion during my current bout of illness.

Anyhow due to my condition I didn't do much, but if decided to start a new playthrough as a Khajiit battlemage. Even went through the entire tediously long tutorial dungeon instead of using the alternate start mod for old time's sake. Although I found out the atronarch birthsign is a really different experience. I'll probably re-do my character the next time I play with the alt start mod, today's session was just for fun.

Been playing Banished, Galactic Battlegrounds, and Cookie Clicker!

Got an SNES emulator running. Might take a few days to beat the Zelda game. Forgot how HUGE it is.

So, how come nobody has mentioned the upcoming Goat Simulator yet?

Link to video.

The trailer for that game was fantastic

Link to video.

Robbaz is going to have a field day once it comes out.

Where do I play that?

@downtown: Does your religion (and your wife) allow you to play Super Smash Bros. on some emulator?

Top Bottom