1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What Video Games have you been playing II: Have you finished that backlog?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SS-18 ICBM, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

I've had more crashes with NV than with Fallout 3.

Spoiler :
    The Megaton bomb situation makes sense. There are plenty of people IRL who support bulldozing over things because they think it looks ugly. I mean hell, the dude who organized the detonation is doing it because he desperately suckles on the teat of Tenpenny, a rich guy who sits alone on his balcony ruling over an exclusive club of "rich people only kthx". Is it cheesy? Sure, but so is everything else about Fallout.

No one is playing Fallout for a legitimate moral dilemma that takes into account all factors, situations, and options. Not only would that be impossible but it's not the point as well.

I actually really liked the Metro stations in Fallout 3. Does it make much sense? Nah. But, you know... video games.

2. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Tier 9/10 its 200,000 exp. :lol:
    At final tier 10 you sometimes have a 50,000 exp grind for the final gun.

Your probably facing off veteran players with fully elite crews, tanks and equipment at the mid tiers Which makes it hard for new players.
    Make sure to also hold onto a tier 5 tank in order to make credits as higher tier tanks will result in net lose of credits to run them.

3. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

I'm getting over my addiction, I haven't played in over ten minutes now, and the computer's still on. Now that I think of it, I could start my attack on the Bishops… all guns blazing or start an affaire with Leslie Ann and try to sneak away before going Heckler and Koch on them? Hmmm…
    You'll get your game soon! Minion, due to high demand, we will tell you when your free copy of Dungeon Keeper is ready via email in a little bit.​
    Maybe, hair of the dog that bit me…
    I didn't need to learn. I just Knew.
    There's no such thing as saving too often in that game.
    That's why they should be played in a certain order…
    Hahahaha! Just wait until you get your hands on the Laser Gatling! Ludicrous Gibs galore!

4. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Tier 5 TDs are awesome for this. They are all pretty good, and the grind isn`t too bad. Especially the tier 5 French TD. Stock tier 6 gun FTW.

If you are even thinking about doing something in Fallout 1 or 2 you should save beforehand. Then maybe save a second time just in case.

5. Takhisis

Yes. Save when near a city. Then save once you're in there. Then save again after you've found out what the local rules for gun ownership, curfew and other such issues are. Then once again when you've found the droids NPC you were looking for. Then again just before you speak to them. Then again before you set out to do whatever it is they want you to do…

6. Arachnofiend

Arachnofiend Perturbed Pugilist

Persona Persona Persona

The gameplay in Innocent Sin pales in comparison to that present in 4 but the fact that Lisa Silverman and Eikichi Mishina exist more than makes up for it. Having plenty of fun catching up on the games I was either too young or too poor to play at the time, heheh.

7. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

Yeah, air combat is something you gotta like if you want to play War Thunder.

Can't wait for the ships though, there are like no naval combat games out there!

8. Phrossack

Phrossack Armored Fish and Armored Men

The Battlestations games for the consoles were alright in scratching that itch for me, but in the end they're just console games. There is a game I have called Pacific Storm: Allies that covers everything between continent-spanning strategy and manning individual AA guns and flying aircraft, if I recall. For some reason I never played it.

9. Alassius

Alassius Flame Warlord

Mass Effect games come pretty close to offer that! The Krogan made me really pause and think.

10. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

I thought House vs. Independent vs. NCR didn't have a clear-cut choice at all, either, as well as other events in New Vegas. What he really meant was that he doesn't care about those things in games, not that they don't exist in games.

11. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

Fallout 3 and New Vegas had the worst 'morality' system I've ever seen in a game.
    Stumble upon a Legion raid camp at night.
    Steal their stuff: Get negative karma becasue stealing is bad.
    Murder them in their sleep: gain positive karma because the Legion is evil and killing evil people is good. I don't think I can get net negative karma if I try to be murderous bastard because I'll inevitably murder some bad guys and all will be good.
    The central conflict was pretty interesting though. There is really nothing redeeming about the Legion, but there are legitimate points for and against House, NCR and Yes Man.

Except you play a save where you didn't complete Mordin's loyalty mission in ME 2 and Wrex is dead. His idiot brother makes the right choice regarding the genophage cure pretty easy.

12. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

I wasn't talking about the karma system, but I don't disagree. Karma systems are dumb, anyways. The Witcher 2 is the ideal for tough, morally grey choices that actually matter.

13. Takhisis

Well, to a certain degree you can attempt to play like a saint (and risk being attacked on sight by a few characters) or to play like the Devil's own spawn.
    Nah, they just need refinement, Fallout was state-of-the-art at the time and needed beta testing which it never got, and the original Fallout 3 was scrapped, but we live and make do with what is left.

14. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Mini-bump.

So today I felt I was strong enough to play video games again, and without hesitation I decided to play Oblivion. Because, it's awesome. And also because I think it's music made and makes a great companion during my current bout of illness.

Anyhow due to my condition I didn't do much, but if decided to start a new playthrough as a Khajiit battlemage. Even went through the entire tediously long tutorial dungeon instead of using the alternate start mod for old time's sake. Although I found out the atronarch birthsign is a really different experience. I'll probably re-do my character the next time I play with the alt start mod, today's session was just for fun.

15. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

Been playing Banished, Galactic Battlegrounds, and Cookie Clicker!

16. Takhisis

Hmmmm, Warsow.

17. downtown

downtown Crafternoon Delight

Got an SNES emulator running. Might take a few days to beat the Zelda game. Forgot how HUGE it is.

18. Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde Both Fair And Balanced

So, how come nobody has mentioned the upcoming Goat Simulator yet?

Link to video.

19. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

The trailer for that game was fantastic

Link to video.

Robbaz is going to have a field day once it comes out.

20. Takhisis

Where do I play that?

@downtown: Does your religion (and your wife) allow you to play Super Smash Bros. on some emulator?