What video games have you been playing V: the return of the subtitle

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Red Alert 3? :)

No. For the same reason I won't do Generals. Can't stand it. I mean, maybe if I get popular and enough people demand it I might do Red Alert 3 and Generals, but there's no plans to do them as of right now.

I've finally gotten WiNE working… god save me, I've become a Fallout addict again.

Because I'm a sucker for space combat games and I have a soft spot for Warhammer 40K I picked up the beta of Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. Enjoying it so far although it isn't clear what is a bug and what is just going through the patching process.

Some screenshots showing off the Dauntless light cruiser.

Spoiler for size :

Trailers for Stellaris and Tyranny came out today. Are you interested, Ajidica?

Never heard of those games before. They on steam?

Never heard of those games before. They on steam?

Stellaris is Paradox's foray into grand strategy games IN SPACE, whereas Tyranny is the latest Paradox/Obsidian collaboration and was announced this week. Both have pages on Steam. :)

Life is Strange was a lot better than I expected, particularly the latter half.

I was pretty well blown away by LiS. It was easily my favourite game of 2015.

You can't just play all the civs. You have to pick one and then fanatically defend it over all other versions.

I got Sniper Elite III for $10, and I probably paid too much. Nice graphics; the gory, slow-mo "bullet time" shots are fun for a while; and I've always liked the North African setting for WWII games (although the game loses points for making the protagonist American when he's supposed to be an OSS operative working with the Long Range Desert Group).

But the AI, if you can even call it that, pretty much spoils the whole enterprise. I essentially beat the game about halfway through the 2nd mission. I played one more, but I doubt I'll bother with the rest (I also picked up Life is Strange, and season 2 of Daredevil debuts tomorrow).

Anyway, here's the game:

1. Shoot a guy.
2. Run away, maybe 30-50m.
3. Wait until everyone forgets that one of their men just got killed by a sniper, which takes about 20 seconds. If you took 2 shots before "relocating", it takes a little longer.
4. Go back to Step 1.

If you feel like screwing around a bit, you can linger too long, draw an entire enemy squad to your position, and get yourself into a real gunfight. And to the game's credit, at the higher difficulty settings you actually die pretty quick when a bad guy turns his MP40 on you, but this only happens when you're deliberately stupid.

What's that silent and overwhelming majority?

1upt is obviously superior to ye olde stack of lame, you say?

Why I quite agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom