What's weird about your country?

1) Noodling. Downright bizarre way to catch a fish. Oops, dang, that was a water moccasin in that hole!

2) Our (and I admit me as well, very much so) fascination with the British Royal family, given we fought a war to throw them off.

3) Related to #2, our fascination with British culture in general. Ever notice how if some company wants to portray its product as classy, it'll have some dude with a snooty British accent pitch it? Or just have some sort of British tie-in.

4) Our short term memory. Rather, our collective lack of long term memory.

5) Our diversity. It actually works. Sort of.

6) The pay of athletes compared to the pay of people who actually truly contribute to our country. But hey, free market...

7) Our love of guns. I fully support it, but I admit compared to the rest of the world, it's kinda odd.

8) One of our national pastime foods is processed leftover meat products.

9) He was a successful actor. :crazyeye:

10) So bizarre, it deserves the 1st and last spot on the list.

Only poor people care about soccer.

Yeah,

Spoiler :
AD BREAK

American Foo

Spoiler :
AD BREAK!

tball is much b

Spoiler :
AD BREAK

etter.

Our love of partisanship knows no bou--ALL GLORY TO THE REAGANTOAD!

Our country is composed of 4 distinct seperate nations some with their own languages. Yanks never seem to understand it! LOL

Our country is composed of 4 distinct seperate nations some with their own languages. Yanks never seem to understand it! LOL

Just like you guys never seem to understand that we're not all "Yanks". :D

@Phlegmak: Honestly, he's very sub-par. I never understood why he was ever used so regularly in the 80s. That said, though, you gotta love...

Link to video.

France is famous for its constant strikes, it's welfare state, it's lazy people, and still manage to have the highest productivity in the world, above USA and Japan - save for some small tax paradises.

One more from Brazil.
We were a very devote catholic country and thought that the saints were on our side when we won our wars. As such until the proclamation of the republic in 1889 and the separation of the state and the church, we had Saint Anthony of Padua in our army. he got promoted to Lieutenant Colonel and was paid 80$000 (80 mil-réis) every month for his services. :crazyeye:

France is famous for its constant strikes, it's welfare state, it's lazy people, and still manage to have the highest productivity in the world, above USA and Japan - save for some small tax paradises.
I am puzzled by this as well. :confused: You even work shorter than US-Americans (who's productivity is by the way lower than most Western European countries as far as I know) Japanese or Germans (than again Germans have many holidays).

What's weird for my country is that despite of centuries of history we lack a real identity.

Canada

Our head of state isn't Canadian, our national holidays aren't named after Canadians, and our national symbol is a friggin' leaf.
And it's okay that our head of state isn't Canadian, because that way there is no temptation to actually interfere with us - although sometimes I wish she could, because of the stupidities of Parliament.

I don't think we could ever agree on any national holidays named after any specific Canadian without at least half of the country getting angry and threatening to separate. :lol:

That's just on the flag. Isn't our official national symbol the beaver? :confused:

Actually, most Canadians think it's unpatriotic to be patriotic except on the following occasions:

1. Canada Day
2. Remembrance Day
3. NHL/Olympic hockey games

Other countries' leaders have to worry about getting shot. Canada's Prime Ministers and Premiers have to worry about pies being thrown at them.

And it's okay that our head of state isn't Canadian, because that way there is no temptation to actually interfere with us - although sometimes I wish she could, because of the stupidities of Parliament.

Elizabeth II is absolutely Canadian in a legal sense, no?

I'm in the USA and I'm sure everyone knows what's weird about my country. :lol:

I am puzzled by this as well. :confused: You even work shorter than US-Americans (who's productivity is by the way lower than most Western European countries as far as I know) Japanese or Germans (than again Germans have many holidays).
We have even more holidays than you do !
(I think we have one of the highest amount of holidays in the world, to reinforce the stereotype and the weirdness of the situation :cool: ).

What can I say ? We just rock :D

We like to pee against the wind and the results are always detrimental to us.

Oh yeah, and most people in this country believe that the greatest Czech that has ever lived was Karl IV., a German emperor :lol:

Top Bottom