What's your daily caloric intake?

About how much is your daily caloric intake?

• Over 5000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4000-5000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3500-4000

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 3000-3500

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 2500-3000

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 2000-2500

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Under 2000

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I eat BrokenErika's memes and no more.

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Somewhere between 2-3k, trying to guess is incredibly hard and I've never bothered tracking consistently. My eating habits aren't consistent either. What is consistent is my weight. Very stable at 61kg. And so is my height! at 180cm.

I calculated my totals for yesterday ... my breakfast was about 450 calories, and my dinner about 400, so that puts me at about 850 for the day.

I'm trying to lose weight though, I'm 5'6" and 145 pounds, and I want to get to about 120.

I'm down three and a half pounds so far! I'm not worrying about things like fats right now, I'm just keeping my meals very small, just the two each day and about twelve hours apart. I don't feel like I'm starving at all, I'm making it okay to each of my meals, and I'm drinking lots of water in between. Sometimes I hear some grumbling from my tummy, but I can usually pacify it with water for a couple hours, and when I eat just a little bit.

Like yesterday, for breakfast I had a whole wheat bagel thin toasted (with no butter), with a slice of cheese and an egg fried in a little bit of olive oil. For dinner I had a half of a baked chicken breast with a cup of rice. I'm eating enough to not be hungry, and so far I seem to be making some weight loss progress! :)

Do you sit the entire day? 800 calories is barely sustenance level. You should probably eat more fat, protein and try to exercise a bit more.

I sit a lot when I'm working, but I also do get up quite a bit, doing household chores (cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping, laundry and such). I know 800 is very little, but I'm hoping to eat enough not to be like starving, and my body will start burning stored energy to get my weight down?

When I'm down to 120 I'll slowly start eating some more again. If I'm averaging about a pound a week, and I need to lose about 25 more, I'll be where I want to be on time :)

Well I think I set my new personal record yesterday ... I had my usual 450 calorie breakfast, but for dinner I had a bowl of just under 2 cups of steamed broccoli, which is like maybe 120 calories? So under 700 for me yesterday!

And so far I'm down four pounds! And that's less than four weeks, so at the rate I'm going I can easily make my 120 goal by July, and maybe I can even get thinner :)

there's good calories and bad calories, fat and protein > carbs... Like, avacodos and nuts are better than ice cream - I luv ice cream :( I'm trying the keto diet to welcome the new year, no more bread, no ice cream, cut out the carbs and go with fiber

900 is like bare minimum. You stay under that for very long and you will be in trouble (body will start eating itself I'm pretty sure especially at 5'6". Anyways 2k/day mon-fri. 3k sat/sun.

there's good calories and bad calories, fat and protein > carbs... Like, avacodos and nuts are better than ice cream - I luv ice cream :( I'm trying the keto diet to welcome the new year, no more bread, no ice cream, cut out the carbs and go with fiber

Let me know how that goes. It's seems interesting to me. You basically eat unlimited amounts of eggs, butter, nuts, meats, cheese right? I think I could live off cheese and meat for quite some time. What vegetables can you eat?

Now that I think about it my father in law basically went on a keto diet. He got type 2 diabetes and cut all carbs. Just ate like chicken, salmon, steak with broccoli and green beans for almost a year. Eggs for breakfast. He lost a ton of weight and his sugar is fine now. Now he eats potatoes and cookies sometimes.

Last edited:
The basic rule for keto is stuff that grows above ground (minus grains) is lower in carbs and stuff under ground is higher. So potatoes are not good and cauliflower/broccoli/leafy greens are good.

From what I gather the goal is to slow and reduce insulin production, especially spikes in sugar which trigger more insulin. This will make the body use up fat for energy, if the body gets too many carbs that becomes the energy supply and fat builds up. Of course calories still count, you gotta burn more than you consume regardless if you want to lose weight.

Red meat has its own problems so fish (Salmon gets the nod) and chicken are better, but the site I was looking at suggested limiting eggs to no more than 36 a day, wow. I'm good with 6 but I still haven't gone full keto yet, I got food to get rid of still but I'm making the transition.

Cheese, nuts, avocado, butter, oils (like olive, sesame and coconut) etc... fat, good fat preferably, but keto advises against too much protein, so still plenty of veggies.

It is curious how these diets largely mimic what we've been eating for 10s of millions of years

Last edited:
I still eat a little over 2k calories a day, but I've successfully shaved off 20ish pounds since April.

I no longer keep track, but it's a little too high due to generalized apathy and a sense of "what's the point?"

Top Bottom