• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

When "they" don't see things your way....

When the Other Side doesn't see it "your way", you....

• Go FLAMING HOWLING MAD!

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Get steamed, but can deal with it.

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Don't know.

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Get happy. Difference of opinion = fun!

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • AWESOMELY happy!!! :)

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

BasketCase

Username sez it all
Can't believe I didn't think of this one till now!

When you're in an OT argument, and things start to get incendiary, and the Other Side shows no sign of having a brain, and simply refuses to see it "your way" (and we all know it's ALWAYS the other guy who's wrong!),

....what do you do?

Guys, wait till I actually get the poll written!!! Geez. :)
(Edit: Oh yeah, and I'm gonna withhold my vote until a large number are in, so you're never going to know how I actually feel about it. NEENER!)

Keep a cool head, use facts and logic to back me up, and batter down the argument until they stop posting or agree-- in either case I've won.

I may get a little steamed, though. ;)

I report the other guy to the moderators, because by that point they've probably already flamed me.

Since I refrain from flaming or from responding to personal attacks, I usually get off clean when the mods do come, and the other guy gets warned or even banned sometimes.

Usually I just give and conclude that their little minds can't handle the facts and aren't worthy of my time.

I'll continue to argue for a very long time without getting mad. I'll smile once I see that the other person is getting increasingly mad.

I used to get steamed alot.

I really don't care now and just poke fun at those who refuse to use facts or whose arguments do not make sense. The reactions can be mildy amusing at times. :coffee:

I get a little ticked, but I never resort to flaming or simple insults. If I've destroyed their arguments again and again and their just not getting it, then sometimes I'll just shake my head and go find another thread to post in.

I like to use a lot of "facts" and "quotes"
As long as the argument is civil its highly entertaining,

I usually enters into a fun and exciting argument, or is too lazy to reply, one of the 2. but I love arguements, especially pointless ones!

Formerly I used to have a lot of thos types of arguements. Perhaps some of you might remember Kashmir? lol those were fun but I don't do it anymore because i find it apointless wste of time.

I simplify their arguments to the essentials , create walls made of their own ideology to trap them , and once they are trapped , WHAM !

If , after that , they do not understand , then I leave the argument , having known that I won .

BasketCase said:
Can't believe I didn't think of this one till now!

When you're in an OT argument, and things start to get incendiary, and the Other Side shows no sign of having a brain, and simply refuses to see it "your way" (and we all know it's ALWAYS the other guy who's wrong!),

....what do you do?

This situation almost never happens for me. There are quite a number of reasonable posters (who can have other opinions than me. It also means that I have read quite a number of posts of them before I start my first argument with them) I like to argue with. So things don't become incendiary for me very often, although it's possible that we have to agree to disagree.

If unfortunately things start to get incendiary, I stay calm and stop replying.

I try to concentrate on facts, because everything else is just opinion. There can be lot's of opinions, but facts are facts..

If someone tries to flame me i just show them where they missed the facts..

Top Bottom