• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

When "they" don't see things your way....

When the Other Side doesn't see it "your way", you....

• Go FLAMING HOWLING MAD!

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Get steamed, but can deal with it.

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Don't know.

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Get happy. Difference of opinion = fun!

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • AWESOMELY happy!!! :)

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Awesomely Happy! :) Difference of opinions give me one thing that brings joy: Arguements ;)

It really depends on the quality of the debate. If neither participant is getting emotional, and its just a good clean exchange of ideas and philosophies, I don't get mad at all, I love it. Unfortunately I've had but one such debate on these forums. . . (a debate on the free will of God with Taliesin) I can usually ignore some flaming from the other side as long as its just peppered in with actual logic, but once someone starts ignoring logic completely, abandons actual argument, and just starts insiting that they are right and everyone else is wrong, I get frustrated.

when the other side doesn't see it my way we debate. this rarely happens though, perhaps because they disagree but understand the logic or perhaps because their lazy. I avoid flaming and personal attacks and have only received one warning and that was for being a spelling nazi in my whole time here at CFC.

You're a spelling Nazi? But. . . your capitalization and punctuation is lazy. . . and you misspelled "they're".

Monk said:
So you're saying that if I want to have a dialogue with someone here I'd have to say something stupid? :lol:

I suppose that as I gain some sort of reputation here my posts will be more widely read. As it stands I don't think anyone knows me or my posts or views, so they don't take the time to read what I write. This doesn't bother me I guess and it is understandable.

A lot of times what I say just isn't controversial enough I suppose. Maybe I should just start every post with "God exists, vote Bush"
You're right, your opinion starts counting with 1000 posts and up. Until then...

On Topic, I just try to use their own medecine. I become obstinate, stubborn, and repeat myself over and over and over again while misquoting every little thing they say.

I suppose that is the only way when facing a debater like me...:p :D

Why necessarily an OT argument? I don't get into arguments here very often, but usually in real life, I try my best to get them to see my opinion through whatever reason or logic I have, and if they irrationally refuse to accept it, then I usually just give up and change the subject/leave.

Top Bottom